My Berry can hardly ever get a decent signal when I'm in my home or even anywhere on my block! It's really discouraging because I do love using it when it gets a signal like it's supposed to. I've updated my PRL and that does nothing.

I am thinking of buying a signal booster or repeater as I've seen advertised on websites. Does anyone here have experience with these things and could recommend a good one?

Thank you.
    06-16-09 09:12 AM
    I've heard good things about this one (and it's the one I plan to buy for my new home in a couple weeks).

Cell Phone Antennas and Cell Phone Boosters at Wilson Electronics
    06-16-09 10:10 AM
    I've heard good things about this one (and it's the one I plan to buy for my new home in a couple weeks).

Cell Phone Antennas and Cell Phone Boosters at Wilson Electronics
    Definately heard many people talk highly about this booster, seems like a good go! Apparently I was told that you should try to raise this booster as high as possible within your home, that way you can get the benefit of increased coverage equally throughout your house.
    06-16-09 10:18 AM
    That looks promising. How can it work with both CDMA and GSM? Would it boost my EVDO a bit? Does anything need to be mounted outside, or could the antenna just rest on my window sill?

Thank you.
    06-16-09 10:22 AM
    it looks just like a wireless router, from what i can intelligently guess, it can boost any signal because when a signal is transmitted from an antenna it is transmitted in the form of mhz and ghz, which makes it easy for a booster to amplify this signal because in reality the only difference between GSM standards and CDMA standards is the fact that they use different frequencies. The booster will amplify any signal within the range it is built for.
    Just don't leave it too close to the microwave

And yes, you can place it anywhere. But the recommended placement is in the middle of your house on an elevated height so the amplification can be distributed equally.
    06-16-09 10:38 AM
    There are two antennas on the one I linked to. The first antenna is a (directional) panel-type and, ideally, goes on a pole on your roof facing the direction that gives you the best signal but can, alternatively, be mounted to the side of your home or even inside on a window sill (just pick a spot that gives you the best signal on your phone). A cable runs from that antenna to the base unit which has a second smaller antenna (omni-directional). This smaller antenna is the one that your cell talks to.
    06-17-09 11:26 AM
    I'm looking at that same repeater.
    Has anyone bought it yet?
    I can get a signal outside, but not inside at home.
    08-07-09 07:29 PM
    How. Using a wifi at home ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-09 12:40 AM
    I'm looking at that same repeater.
    Has anyone bought it yet?
    I can get a signal outside, but not inside at home.
    I actually ended up with a different model than the one I originally posted. I bought a zBoost YX510. The install was a PITA, though that is mostly due to the way my home is built. Anyway, end result is that coverage in my home has improved dramatically. It's still not perfect, but at least my calls don't drop all the time and everyone can understand each other. It would probably work better if the construction of my home had allowed for the installation of the base unit in a more central location.
    08-10-09 10:15 AM
    Is it a network problem then?
    08-10-09 12:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD