I keep. looking. at the CURVE.

I am up for renewal in June, but only $50 off with a renewal of contract.

The Curve retails for $549.99 in Canada FYI.

Look what just popped up on Ebay....

Blackberry Curve 8330 Bell Mobility Aliant MTS Sasktel - (eBay.ca item 180244120888 end time 27-May-08 21:57:53 EDT)

Opinions? Guys feedback on NIB phones is stellar. It would save me $100 on the phone. No one has had a problem activating his phones on their accounts.

TALK ME DOWN!!
    05-19-08 06:10 PM
    dude i would totally get that phone from ebay. if the guy has stellar feedback, and hopefully a good return policy, do it!! why not save the money?? i would pay him through paypal, though. they are very safe and you can dispute the transaction and get your money back if any problems do arise. good luck!!
    05-19-08 06:14 PM
    Wrong place to ask that!!

GET THAT CURVE!!!!
    I got a phone off ebay and it turned out to be stolen when I went to switch my service, sprint told me to throw the phone in the garbage.... 285.00 down the drain, be careful when buying cell phones on ebay!! Follow your gut, and do what makes you happy!!
    That's the thing - it's protected on Paypal, and he has a money back guarantee on no activated phones. He is a power seller as well, but all NIB Never Opened phones are getting stellar feedback.

Oh god....*gnaws lip*
    05-19-08 06:17 PM
    Then I would probably cave and get it!!! LOL
    05-19-08 06:18 PM
    In my eperience if the seller has done about 200 or more transactions with little or no negative feedback you should have no problem. Definitely pay thru PayPal. I had an experience about a year ago where I was getting scammed. The guy had been selling for two years and did a big business. PayPal shut him down. Nada Zip transactions! He came around real fast.

Go for it! You will love the CURVE! LOL I have had mine for 4 whole days, my wife has had hers for two days and we are HOOKED!
    05-19-08 06:19 PM
    Go For It! I got my 1st one on ebay

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-08 06:20 PM
    GET IT!!!!!

I checked his feedback out, seems very legit. Even though he is not 100%, there is not 1 negative.
    And even the neutrals, they state problem solved in the end.

Enjoy your new Curve!!
    05-19-08 06:21 PM
    get a bold!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-08 06:22 PM
    haha get a bold... ehem....

anyways, well there ya go! sounds like all is well. i mean, what reason really do you have to NOT get that curve??
    05-19-08 06:25 PM
    It's gonna be at least a year before Bell gets the Bold.

Oh crap oh crap oh crap. I JUST bought the Pearl, I have hardly used it! Oh crap oh crap oh crap. I suppose I could sell the Pearl. I could keep it as a backup.

Oh crap oh crap oh crap.
    05-19-08 06:26 PM
    Seems fine to me. Make sure to use Paypal and to use a credit card of some sort. If you use your bank account I believe Paypal doesn't always protect your purchase.
    05-19-08 06:27 PM
    It's gonna be at least a year before Bell gets the Bold.

Oh crap oh crap oh crap. I JUST bought the Pearl, I have hardly used it! Oh crap oh crap oh crap. I suppose I could sell the Pearl. I could keep it as a backup.

Oh crap oh crap oh crap.
    At least a year? Hehe, the AT&T version is set to come out this summer. Granted, that may not happen, but I don't think it's going to be "at least" a year.
    05-19-08 06:28 PM
    Bell Mobility is a CDMA carrier, Smaug. The initial release dates are for GSM.
    05-19-08 06:30 PM
    Bell Mobility is a CDMA carrier, Smaug. The initial release dates are for GSM.
    Sprint and Verizon are September. Again, they may be delayed beyond this, but it's well under a year.
    05-19-08 06:32 PM
    It would still cost me more than the Curve though...and it looks to be similar to be World Edition in size, which I find too big.

Oh god, I am sitting on the Paypal screen hovering over pay lol.
    05-19-08 06:36 PM
    It would still cost me more than the Curve though...and it looks to be similar to be World Edition in size, which I find too big.

Oh god, I am sitting on the Paypal screen hovering over pay lol.
    That's fair. Everyone has their preference!

Hehe, pull the trigger!
    05-19-08 06:37 PM
    *hangs head*

Oh how will I explain this to my fiance.

Anyone wanna buy a hardly used Pearl, and all accessories? LOL!
    05-19-08 06:43 PM
    Feedback does make a huge difference. I got an allegedly NIB phone off eBay . Supposedly never activated- sealed box and all that. Well, I rec'd my purchase with no sealed box- it had been opened and previously activated but thats not how the seller represented their auction.

If you're going to go that route, I suggest only dealing with power sellers with outstanding reps.

Good luck to you.
    05-19-08 06:44 PM
    Thanks! Yes he is listed as a power seller, no negs at all. Any neutrals he has are older than 6 months as well, and all of them say any issue was promptly resolved...

Crap. I am so weak.
    05-19-08 06:50 PM
    Thanks! Yes he is listed as a power seller, no negs at all. Any neutrals he has are older than 6 months as well, and all of them say any issue was promptly resolved...

Crap. I am so weak.
    Haha, you're going to do it aren't you?

You can always sell your Pearl on eBay after you activate your Curve to help lighten the blow of the Curve purchase.
    05-19-08 06:52 PM
    That's true. It has a BSE installed on it, all the accessories from the box (**** the box itself), a charging pod, a leather belt holster, 2 silicone skins (OEM) and a spare battery door. It's not even 2 months old...I don't know if I should keep it as a backup or not. Probably not, with all the extras I should be able to sell it and not lose TOO much in the end.
    05-19-08 06:58 PM
    Do it! Do it! Do it!

I broke the bank (and my contract with bell) to get my curve and I've never looked back!
    05-19-08 06:59 PM
    It's done. I am excited - it's Xpresspost so that is usually next day delivery, meaning Wednesday at the earliest.
    05-19-08 07:02 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD