12-05-08 09:24 AM
30 12
tools
    I've got everything on correctly, but it can't load the GPS. I have OS 4.5, I have the BBM that came with it, I do not have a beta version on, I do not have 911 location on, I do not have anything that should stop this from working. Even did several resets.

I go to BBMaps, hit the GPS button, and then it gets stuck on "searching for satellites" for 10 minutes and eventually tells me it cannot locate me. And I am *not* in a rural location that wouldn't be found.

Perhaps this isn't an update for everyone? Only select users?
    unfortunately we have different carriers i have att u have verizon and when i put os 4.5 on my berry the gps didnt work. i waited a week or so and i loaded blackstar on it and voila its fine after 10 requests it finds 4 satellites
    and also before doing like bb maps or verizon navigator or whatever they force you to use try going to options > advanced options >gps and hit make sure the settings are

data source Device GPS
    gps services location on
    gps location there are no choices so blank
    -------------------------------------------
    This will
    be your gps
    information
    once you reset
    -------------------------------------------
    Location Aiding Enabled

so be patient with the refresh the first time it will take a while it's like a car it takes a while to start it but once it's on it'll keep running

get back to me if its fixed

good day
    12-05-08 06:04 AM
    Didn't VZW just release their LOCK on GPS...today?? Might not be released everywhere yet....I dunno.
    Does anyone have an article on this?
    As far as I knew, Verizon wouldn't ever unlock the GPS because of the amount of money they paid RIM to have it locked in order to force people to buy VZ Nav...
    12-05-08 06:15 AM
    12-05-08 07:00 AM
    Does anyone have an article on this?
    As far as I knew, Verizon wouldn't ever unlock the GPS because of the amount of money they paid RIM to have it locked in order to force people to buy VZ Nav...
    Yes, see my post #23 above .
    12-05-08 07:04 AM
    For what it's worth, this is working for me as soon as I reloaded BBMaps (I had removed it in favor of GoogleMaps previously).

I'm running .97
    12-05-08 09:24 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD