Really?

Okay. Here are a few pointers:

1. If you're going to post something negative, and in your case re-post your post, always ensure that you have utilized proper grammer and word choice, and that your spelling is correct. For example, nothing targets you more than using the incorrect word for: (their, there, they're) (your, you're) (loose, lose) (chose, choose) etc...... if you hadn't noticed, you have some issues with your post.

2. If you have an issue or a question, here's an example of the correct way to express yourself:
    "Hi guys. I've had my z10 for a week now, and I seem to be having an issue with XXXXXX. I just can't seem to get XXXXXX to work, and I have searched the forums, and have also tried QQQQQQ and WWWWWW with no luck.

Has anybody else had this problem? If so, how did you fix it? Thanks in advance,

The Non-Troll"

3. If you want to be labelled a Troll, here's how you would pose the same question:
    "The z10 is crap! I can't believe I wasted my money on this piece of shi-it. What incompetent ***** would release a high-end smart phone that can't even do XXXXXXX properly? Thank God I still have time to return this piece of garbage and go back to my iPhone. Blackberry's are for loosers. If you have one, your likely a looser to.

Signed,

Troll."

There you have it. Granted the second example might be extreme, and there are many more civilized trolls, but the tone is the often the same.

Final points - Re-read your post with a view that you are posting on a Blackberry fan site. Ask yourself the following: If you are asking for help, are you doing so in a non-confrontational way? Are you sure you've checked the search function and are not reposting an old or common complaint? Have you tried to solve the problem yourself with some research? Are you sure you're just not posting to complain without adding something intelligent to the discusstion?
    You kinda misspelled grammar buddy.
    That's the thing, people who resort to semantics and spelling etc only set themselves up for a fall.
    Plus it's pretty pointless considering the topics being debated.
    This is a tech forum. Not an English proficiency forum.
    03-21-13 08:31 AM
    Uh, here is a novel concept. How about whether you want to praise or criticize just be polite. Problem solved.
    allengeorge likes this.
    03-21-13 08:43 AM
    KCDIST, itz alwaze impoortent 2 remember wen korrecting foks on the interwebs that mene dont speke enlish az a furst langwage.

If you want proper grammar and English usage, which version of English are we going to use? Brit, Canuck, Aussie or Murrican?
    Mecca EL likes this.
    03-21-13 09:28 AM
    Ha! My troll is bigger than your troll.
    03-21-13 09:30 AM
    What a dumb tag to give someone > A TROLL? Give it up people.
    Ya. Perhaps > Forgen Icehole would be more appropriate?
    03-21-13 09:31 AM
    You do notice the ones pointing out the spelling are the biggest fuking turds ever. Why they even bother getting up in the morning who the fuk knows.

Maybe if I'm lucky ill get some turd telling me I spelled fuk wrong too.
    Amen

You kinda misspelled grammar buddy.
    That's the thing, people who resort to semantics and spelling etc only set themselves up for a fall.
    Plus it's pretty pointless considering the topics being debated.
    This is a tech forum. Not an English proficiency forum.
    And again, Amen.

Look I was never called a troll, and this isn't were I wanted to go with the thread. The point was, to stop calling every friggen person who doesn't like BBerry a troll, it gets real old, real fast. I also never have had a "sense of entitlement" because I've been here longer, or have more posts then someone else. This is a community driven forum, we should all respect each others views. Yes there is a few more "troll" posts then normal, these are obvious, and instead of posting, how about we just avoid them and let them fall off the main page, instead of keep posting in them and they make it to the "trending now" section.

And lastly:
    As someone else mentioned, this is a cell phone technology forum, not the grammar forum. If i misspelled, or missed some punctuation in a thread, then perhaps I do need to go back to school(last I checked more often then not everybody does the same thing here). Only problem with that, you cant teach and old dog new tricks.

FYI, I missed some spelling and punctuations up there in case you missed them.
    Fr3lncr and Mecca EL like this.
    03-21-13 12:24 PM
    Agreed, the negativity in the forums is getting real old, real fast. Posted similar feelings on the official 'troll' thread.

As much as the 'trolling' might be bad, what I find just as bad or worse is that you can't seem to critique anything BB10 related with out getting torn apart. There are a bit too many forum members who are a bit too sensitive and remind me of why I don't like Apple fanboys, or Android fanboys... or, well, fanboys at all.

Seriously, if I have a critique or feature request of the Z10 (and I've had quite a few), I'll post it on the official BlackBerry Support forums before I'd post it here as you don't have to deal with a lot of the mindless responses (or at least it happens a lot less). And it is from all levels of posters, including those with thousands of posts who are 'Genius' ratings.

It's really turning me off CrackBerry, or at least the forums. The news part of CrackBerry is great and the single best resource I would recommend people to go to... but the forums? Chrikey...

I'd like to see the gang do a post about how everyone should just step back and maybe think twice before posting. If it is truly a 'troll' post (and some really are), then just flag it and leave it alone... But people need to accept the fact that if you don't agree with it, it doesn't mean you are right and they are wrong. If people really want BB to succeed, we need to be both praise what they do well (and they did a lot of nice things with BB10 so far) but also be receptive and critical of their faults so the platform actually develops. Otherwise, everyone's head is stuck in the sand thinking everything is hunky-dory and we are right back to where we were before (i.e. failing to innovate fast enough).

We criticize Apple the corporation for being like BlackBerry was before, failing to really innovate and push the boundaries... Why do you think that happened with BB and maybe now with Apple? Because they didn't recognize their faults. And we criticize Apple fanboys for being mindless 'isheep', but when we as a whole fail to recognize issues with BB10 and blast anyone for stating that their might be an issue, we are just as bad and maybe worse then they are since we should at least learn from the mistakes of others.

And as others have pointed out, it will just get worse when the rollout happens in the US as there will be that many more people on the forums.

Maybe it is just better to take a vacation from the forums and come back in the Fall when things hopefully will have cooled down. And stick to the BlackBerry Support forums in the interim.

Sad really... makes me things on the camera side with dpreview where the forums just became unruly with nothing really constructive being put forth... Then you try to find smaller forums like fredmiranda where there is a lot less stuff to shovel through and people are actually critical and constructive without the bashing... What a concept!
    03-21-13 12:38 PM
    So yeah, I have been using Crackberry.com and its forums since the beginning of this site. I am a power Blackberry user, been using these darn things since the 6000 series and currently run an I.T. Dept at a large company where everyone has to use a Blackberry for security reasons. I rarely ever post anything , however I like to read all the posts and news to keep up with it all.

So yesterday I came across this article and posted it: Apple angry at Samsung BlackBerry- MSN Money Within 5 minutes it was closed by the Mod, I asked him why and he said "because it has troll thread written all over it". WTF? I can't post interesting articles about Blackberry and their competitors nor say the friging word CrApple! The comments on that Article were by far some of the best I have seen about how people are very sick and tired of Apple and all their crap!

What a dumb tag to give someone > A TROLL? Give it up people.
    Oh c'mon. CrApple?!?! Yup, it did have troll thread all over it.

If you want to be taken seriously, quit the twelve year old, middle school language. That kind of insult will only provoke a free for all.

And you knew that when you used it.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    03-21-13 02:00 PM
    First, do you really want to get into an epeen comparison based on who's had an account here longer? You do realize that there are lots and lots of people that have been reading CB for a long time that have never created accounts and/or posted right? People that have gotten motivated to join in with BlackBerry finally getting in touch? (pardon the pun)

Secondly, your reasons for being here aren't the same reasons as others. They're yours. I personally try to avoid projecting, but hey, that's me. You'll do your thing.

Clearly most on these forums ARE here to support BlackBerry. It just takes a very cursory read through the BB sections to see that. Yes getting info and help is part of that, but if that was a only reason they would be over at the BlackBerry site. If someone wants to put themselves up on some pedestal, and hold the "Fan" moniker at arms length like it was a smelly rag, they're free to do so. I question whether they have the right to try and force others to conform to that though.

You're no more "entitled " than anyone else here mate. It just may be that this sense of entitlement is what people are picking up in your tone, and why they're sensing troll off you guys.

Ahhh but there's the rub. How some of these people come off is totally subjective. If someone wants to come into what is very clearly a BB fan hub and are haphazard in how they present their opinions about various aspects of BlackBerry and it's products, then they need to have a thick skin.

Sorry if I don't respond further, but I try to avoid these long quote for quote discussions. Have at it though. I've said my bit.

Posted via CB10
    Right, you've been intently reading and oh so terribly involved in all that is CB for ages, and it was only just 2 months ago that you finally, finally, after all these years of hiding behind your screen and lurking on this site you compulsively visited on a regular basis, felt you had something constructive to say and mustered the courage to actually join the site and post something.

Uh huh.

Frankly, it is the some of the newcomers who have come here -- starting with the release of the PlayBook for some reason, and now with the release of the Z10 -- and do little more than shake BBRY pom poms and shout rah rah rah that lend nothing to this site at all. They do not go into the subforums and share information or answer questions about devices. If anything, their only contribution is to serve as troll bait -- because real trolls know they will get a rise out of those who do nothing but uncritically gush about their devices.

If the only or even the main reason you are here is simply to "support" BBRY, then you have made CB a lesser place.

BTW, welcome to CrackBerry.
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    03-22-13 05:53 AM
    The hawks are hawkish for war...
    03-22-13 07:32 AM
    OPs trolling the trolls
    03-22-13 07:36 AM
    The debate of Trolls vs Fanboys is not going to be resolved like this. All this does is galvanize people positions and furthers the false equivalency argument.

If you stand by what you believe and think you've been constructively critical (no insults, put downs, condescension, or lies) then you're not a troll period.
    Likewise, if you similarly give credit where credit it due and do not show an air of arrogance, ignorance, or over exuberance then you're not a fanboy.

But that's just me.
    03-22-13 11:51 AM
37 12