1. Superfly_FR's Avatar
    Yes I am not close to happy with latest news. Even had to refresh (30 degrees Celsius here) my boiling head. Trying right now to debate positive in that earthquake caused by the Q1 2013 release would be vain. Few will listen, anyway.

    But let's have some free speculative views, take it as my wish list; after all, Santa will be at work in a few months . In the meantime, things may happen.

    - An OS7 4"2 full touch device (say- with the new keyboard and enhanced HTML5 browser) that could upgrade to BB10?
    - PlayBook LTE NFC, with 2.1 and some extras.
    Definitely this might shorten the waiting...

    Ah, I ear the bullets already ... But I'm sleeping... 1AM here... shhhh...

    Edit : Of course I'm still very happy with my super combo PB+9900 and a few months won't change my world. Wasn't it obvious ?
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 06-29-12 at 12:55 AM.
    06-28-12 06:24 PM
  2. Tõnis's Avatar
    I'm delighted to be using BlackBerry 6 on my Bold.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    06-28-12 06:40 PM
  3. kennyliu's Avatar
    I doubt BB7 and BB10 are compatible hardware-wise.
    06-28-12 06:46 PM
  4. TheScionicMan's Avatar
    Despite today's news, my 9900 and PB are still doing their jobs...
    kbz1960 and SnoozerBold like this.
    06-28-12 06:50 PM
  5. kennyliu's Avatar
    ^^^ My Touchpad is also doing its job
    purijagmohan and Rello like this.
    06-28-12 06:51 PM
  6. cajualaddict's Avatar
    Not funny Kenny but you have a point.

    I have a playbook and a bold and I love using and have no compliants and can wait for the upgrade with no problem.

    What I don't want to see is when it is time I don't have the option of upgrading to the next blackberry.

    I only care about is having options without webos that is already one less option.

    RIM, get on it with all of us waiting and wanting. What are you waiting for?
    06-28-12 07:01 PM
  7. SnoozerBold's Avatar
    I've never for a moment believed that 4G Play Book was real. That thing is a unicorn. Does anyone still doubt that?
    While I highly they'll release it now (and they shouldn't they need to worry about the phones) but didn't it go to the FCC for approval last month or so?
    If I'm remembering this correctly it exists but they've got bigger things to worry about right now.
    I'd love a QNX powered unicorn though.
    06-28-12 07:44 PM
  8. kill_9's Avatar
    Despite today's news, my 9900 and PB are still doing their jobs...
    The same cannot be said of Research In (Missed Opportunity) Motion apparently.
    06-28-12 07:55 PM
  9. Fuzzballz's Avatar
    LOL I have a 3 year old Tour which gets by if I reset it twice a day. Refuse to spend $200 (+ tax, + 'upgrade fee,' + new 2 year contract) on a Bold.
    06-28-12 11:10 PM
  10. livejam's Avatar
    I wouldn't want RIM to focus on releasing ANYTHING other than a BB10 phone right now. No getting side tracked even more.
    06-29-12 12:51 AM
  11. Superfly_FR's Avatar
    I doubt BB7 and BB10 are compatible hardware-wise.
    BB7 hardware ->BB10 OS= no chance; no dual core.
    But BB10 hardware -> BB7 OS ...
    Oh ... Maybe, it would be "easier" with the Bold form factor and the physical keyboard ?
    06-29-12 12:59 AM
  12. Superfly_FR's Avatar
    I wouldn't want RIM to focus on releasing ANYTHING other than a BB10 phone right now. No getting side tracked even more.
    - There is a dedicated team (200 ?) on BB7.
    - PB is the only valuable testing device for BB10.
    06-29-12 01:01 AM
  13. Rello's Avatar
    ha ha they cant even get an OS they've been working on for close to 3 years out the door. No new OS7 device will offer anything new that their current devices cant do so thats a waste in my opinion. At this point, dont even release a new Playbook. Focus on getting BB10 without ruining your customer trust any further than they already have
    06-29-12 01:02 AM
  14. h20work's Avatar

    What I don't want to see is when it is time I don't have the option of upgrading to the next blackberry.

    I only care about is having options without webos that is already one less option.

    RIM, get on it with all of us waiting and wanting. What are you waiting for?
    My 9850 is acting screwy and I'm due for an upgrade. Hmm what new bb should I get? That's what I get for buying a storm 1 & 2, nothing new to keep my in the fold. I honestly can't remember the last new device they released on a major carrier in NA (not counting the new curves for other markets).
    06-29-12 01:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD