I know the masses are clamoring for a native instagram app but if it's not there yet, we need to help those pushing to do something about it. Dirk is that dude, pushing for it and I feel he needs to be commended and well promoted. For instagram to be fully awake to the need for a native app, third party apps, is the most effective in drawing up their attention, and especially when it's a paid version as instagram is already free. I know he is trying his best, I would recommend he links up with Daniel Gary of Windows phone so he helps him out with bringing the upload feature to instago. I'm purchasing the app to help the dev reap his work, and I encourage you all to do so. Crackberry.com should give him a special feature in an interview.
    Shout out to "Dirk Songuer" creator of Instago!-img_00001242.png
    09-09-13 03:26 PM
    Looks like a really sharp app. I am not really an Instagram user, so for me to get on it I really need a way of uploading junk. Are there other ways to post to instagram? Like via a secret email address or something?
    09-09-13 03:31 PM
    Looks like a really sharp app. I am not really an Instagram user, so for me to get on it I really need a way of uploading junk. Are there other ways to post to instagram? Like via a secret email address or something?
    No. Unless you have a sideloaded I.G app like I have for uploading pictures
    09-09-13 03:39 PM
    In the way of the WP Instance app, they have reversed the api to allow them to upload photos to Instagram.

On another note, a couple of months ago, Daniel Gary tweeted that he would look into developing Instance for BB10 if he could get his hands on a BB10 device. Didn't hear further from it.

Thanks for Instago tho! Keep up the good work with the development. It's an awesome app

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 03:47 PM
    In the way of the WP Instance app, they have reversed the api to allow them to upload photos to Instagram.

On another note, a couple of months ago, Daniel Gary tweeted that he would look into developing Instance for BB10 if he could get his hands on a BB10 device. Didn't hear further from it.

Thanks for Instago tho! Keep up the good work with the development. It's an awesome app

Posted via CB10
    And nobody from crackberry could get him a device. Kevin, blaze and co? For real? That would be a huge shame to both crackberry and blackberry for not paying any attention to this. I personally tweeted at him but had no reply. I guess he had already spoke on the issue so there was no need. Crackberry.com should wake up.
    09-09-13 04:14 PM
    And nobody from crackberry could get him a device. Kevin, blaze and co? For real? That would be a huge shame to both crackberry and blackberry for not paying any attention to this. I personally tweeted at him but had no reply. I guess he had already spoke on the issue so there was no need. Crackberry.com should wake up.
    Bla1ze offered him a device on the spot, it was his chance to act and he didn't.

Posted from my Red Zed
    09-09-13 04:48 PM
    I tweeted him and specifically told him I would get him a device the second he mentioned it. No reply back.
    09-09-13 04:53 PM
    Was he tryna tease us or what. Had no idea. My bad. Anyway, we should help promote our very own. You guys always write articles for certain apps most people won't even use, so it would be a very good decision to do a hands on and promote instago. That's the only effective way imo to grab the guys at I.G's attention, because they probably won't like the idea of someone making money off their app. Thank you. @b1aze am looking out for you to do this.
    09-09-13 08:15 PM
    I actually want to try this app so bad.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 08:28 PM
    Go ahead bro. Very cool. Still got hurdles to get pass but he is doing a fantastic job and needs recognition. I feel a lot of "unnecessary "apps are promoted on crackberry and when you head to blackberry world, it doesn't even have 50 reviews. (that's our only way to estimate number of downloads). And am hoping this post will bring Kevin, blaze and the team on promoting this guy and making him known like Daniel Gary for his works.
    09-09-13 08:39 PM
    Thanks ronniell for the plug and the nice words. I really appreciate it. Thank you all for your support!

Well, I tried to get in touch with Daniel Gary but as with many of you he didn't reply. Well, that's that, then.

I'm still taking a look what Instagram is doint "behind the scenes" but this takes some time. Please understand that I'm not a full time indie developer. Actually I have a regular day job and just happened to switch from my Nokia N9 to a BlackBerry Z10 recently and I noticed that there are some apps missing that I rather liked using. I love to do more, but at the moment my job takes up a lot of my time.

In the mean time Instagram continues to happily change things behind the scenes. Most recently they changed the API calls for the news streams, so they all broke. Since they are not part of the "official" APIs they can just do things like that but for me that is trying to "bend the rules" to offer an experience as good as possible it's just annoying So back to coding and play catch up with them.
    mathking606 and Undbiter65 like this.
    09-14-13 01:52 PM
    I use sideload IG and flipboard, but have decided to buy this to support this worthy effort.
    09-14-13 08:49 PM
    Thanks ronniell for the plug and the nice words. I really appreciate it. Thank you all for your support!

Well, I tried to get in touch with Daniel Gary but as with many of you he didn't reply. Well, that's that, then.

I'm still taking a look what Instagram is doint "behind the scenes" but this takes some time. Please understand that I'm not a full time indie developer. Actually I have a regular day job and just happened to switch from my Nokia N9 to a BlackBerry Z10 recently and I noticed that there are some apps missing that I rather liked using. I love to do more, but at the moment my job takes up a lot of my time.

In the mean time Instagram continues to happily change things behind the scenes. Most recently they changed the API calls for the news streams, so they all broke. Since they are not part of the "official" APIs they can just do things like that but for me that is trying to "bend the rules" to offer an experience as good as possible it's just annoying So back to coding and play catch up with them.
    Thanks for putting in the work. The BB ecosystem could use more dedicated devs like you!!
    09-15-13 12:49 AM
    Instago is better than the original Instagram app

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 01:05 AM