!
    05-05-11 05:46 AM
    Do you want to bet on it being the 4th quarter or not
    05-05-11 06:25 AM
    why would i do that?
    i dont need 100$ ^_^

on top of it i dont even use paypal
    05-05-11 06:28 AM
    Can't win? Really? Try this: release devices on a timely schedule without magor bugs, flaws, or obvious missing functionality.

can't win my #*!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-11 06:53 AM
    Last device release was Torch. On only one US carrier. The 2011 lineup when leaked would have been decent mid level smart phones if released in May or June. If release dates slip back to Sept or Oct. The devices will once again be at least a generation behind its competition in the consumer space. And that's no place to be, and no place a reasonable investor wants to put his money. And imvho most consumers would be foolish to invest 2 years of financing a device outdated on release.

05-05-11 07:02 AM
    Can't win? Really? Try this: release devices on a timely schedule without magor bugs, flaws, or obvious missing functionality.

can't win my #*!

RIM should have used that theory for it's Playbook!
    05-05-11 07:02 AM
    why would i do that?
    i dont need 100$ ^_^

on top of it i dont even use paypal
    I don't "need" it either, just wanting to see you back up your convictions.

I would always accept cash or a money order.
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 05-05-11 at 11:14 AM.
    05-05-11 07:04 AM
    That has to be the funniest thing I've ever read on CB forums poor doggy!
    Thanks. She was going through her destructive phase and ate it. Chewed the clamshell off and I was left with two pieces of the same phone. No amount of duck tape would fix it.
    05-05-11 09:40 AM
    So? Does anyone believe BGR's "unconfirmed" rumored mid- August release of Bold 9900/9930? IMO still saying mid to late June for major NA carriers.T-MO & UK's Vodaphone have already see late June for their Bold 9900 releases.

05-08-11 06:23 PM
    So? Does anyone believe BGR's "unconfirmed" rumored mid- August release of Bold 9900/9930? IMO still saying mid to late June for major NA carriers.T-MO & UK's Vodaphone have already see late June for their Bold 9900 releases.
    One thing about that rumour is that it could turn out to be true for a lot of carriers with a select few getting the device sooner than that.
    05-09-11 06:09 AM
    Just in North America alone, there are over 50 carriers (major & local) that carry BlackBerry devices. And the CDMA roadmap 2011 was for local carriers. RIM's press release says "Availability
    The new BlackBerry Bold 9900 and 9930 smartphones are expected to be available from carriers around the world beginning this summer."

It is VERY possible that the big 4 here in the USA and the big 3 in Canada will have it out much sooner than mid-August. And yes, I know it isnt up to RIM when these devices release to carriers, it's the carriers themselves who set the release dates for thier BlackBerry devices. But if RIM's plan is to have the Bold 9900/9930 into all carriers hands worldwide this summer...man they better start getting these bad boys out ASAP! lol
    05-09-11 07:51 AM
    I got a very slick email from RIM today With the Subject "Meet the NEW touch Blackberry Bold" In the email all it says (there are some very nice pictures) is "Get ready for the first BlackberryBold smartphone with a brilliant touch screen. The iconic keyboard and design you love, in the thinnest Blackberry smartphone ever"
    Now dont get me wrong I am drooling over the pics and email, but If you are going to send out an emil like that it would make me think that they are going to launch it soon. If I was not a crackberry fan I would think that I could go down to My carrier and check it out. Now if I do go and the local rep in the store looks at me and says "What are you talking about? we havent heard about a new Blackberry" "Let me show you the ......" I really think that RIM needs to revamp thier marketing stategy. You create demand when demand can be met or at least give the consumer an idea when the phone would be available. I thnk it leave a bad taste in the consumers mouth.
    05-09-11 03:02 PM
    9900 in September if we are lucky. Before Christmas!
    05-09-11 05:19 PM
    I got a very slick email from RIM today With the Subject "Meet the NEW touch Blackberry Bold" In the email all it says (there are some very nice pictures) is "Get ready for the first BlackberryBold smartphone with a brilliant touch screen. The iconic keyboard and design you love, in the thinnest Blackberry smartphone ever"
    Now dont get me wrong I am drooling over the pics and email, but If you are going to send out an emil like that it would make me think that they are going to launch it soon. If I was not a crackberry fan I would think that I could go down to My carrier and check it out. Now if I do go and the local rep in the store looks at me and says "What are you talking about? we havent heard about a new Blackberry" "Let me show you the ......" I really think that RIM needs to revamp thier marketing stategy. You create demand when demand can be met or at least give the consumer an idea when the phone would be available. I thnk it leave a bad taste in the consumers mouth.
    I got the same e-mail today BlackBerry.com must be sending these to all who have signed up or registered with them. I agree, if you're SENDING out e-mails taughting a device "coming soon" , then logicaly a consumer would naturally assume the Bold 9900/9930 will be available shortly to carriers. Also I got a reply from Sprintcare.com re: any news of them getting the Bold 9930, they replied back "As of right now we have no announcement of the BlackBerry 9930. To keep fully updated and informed of new devices coming soon, please feel free to visit sprint.com/newsroom" I would take from that, that Sprint IS getting the Bold 9930, but they don't have an official release date they can give out...yet.

05-09-11 06:23 PM
    I got the same e-mail today BlackBerry.com must be sending these to all who have signed up or registered with them. I agree, if you're SENDING out e-mails taughting a device "coming soon" , then logicaly a consumer would naturally assume the Bold 9900/9930 will be available shortly to carriers. Also I got a reply from Sprintcare.com re: any news of them getting the Bold 9930, they replied back "As of right now we have no announcement of the BlackBerry 9930. To keep fully updated and informed of new devices coming soon, please feel free to visit sprint.com/newsroom" I would take from that, that Sprint IS getting the Bold 9930, but they don't have an official release date they can give out...yet.

How long ago was it that Sprint had that major announcement about that Nintendo DS looking cell phone from Kyorcera? I'm just now seeing commercials about it on TV. That was what? February? The older I get, the more I forget crap.
    05-13-11 04:00 PM
    I don't expect things to be rushed out at all. Let time progress and bugs be fixed, hardware be perfected.

05-13-11 04:41 PM
    Just seen this on bgr.com (who rumored the Bold delayed until mid-August) that Sprint and T-Mobile could be carrying the new iphone 4S when it's rumored for a September release..if both these rumors hold true, RIM could suffer a huge dent in sales for the Bold 9900/9930 if they actually do delay the release and the iphone 4S becomes a choice for ALL 4 carriers

05-13-11 06:12 PM
    How long ago was it that Sprint had that major announcement about that Nintendo DS looking cell phone from Kyorcera? I'm just now seeing commercials about it on TV. That was what? February? The older I get, the more I forget crap.
    Yeah early February released in April.
    05-13-11 07:32 PM
    Yeah early February released in April.
    Holy crap.... if this is the nature of the game, I better buy my new mobile phone line now and not wait for the 9900 to come out.
    05-13-11 10:16 PM
    Just seen this on bgr.com (who rumored the Bold delayed until mid-August) that Sprint and T-Mobile could be carrying the new iphone 4S when it's rumored for a September release..if both these rumors hold true, RIM could suffer a huge dent in sales for the Bold 9900/9930 if they actually do delay the release and the iphone 4S becomes a choice for ALL 4 carriers

I know this is off topic but...Its been changed from the iPhone 5 to the 4S now? Is there a site that has a spec sheet on the new iPhone?

On topic...from what I've heard it will come out at earliest end of june. Which isn't really too far from now. But it could also possibly come out in august. I hope the latter isn't true. The sooner the better. Hopefully before the new iPhone.

05-14-11 01:08 AM

RIM has already suffered a "huge dent" in sales. If they could do something about it they would. I still think the PalyBook sucked up a lot of their resources that could have been spent on new phone hardware.
    05-14-11 05:41 AM
    I know this is off topic but...Its been changed from the iPhone 5 to the 4S now? Is there a site that has a spec sheet on the new iPhone?

On topic...from what I've heard it will come out at earliest end of june. Which isn't really too far from now. But it could also possibly come out in august. I hope the latter isn't true. The sooner the better. Hopefully before the new iPhone.

You don't really need a spec sheet, it's pretty predictable that the 4S will have the A5 dual core cpu, and I forget the name of it but it will have that dual core gpu as well. Then you throw in the obvious (and already confirmed) things like an 8mp camera and that about does it. Oh and of course iOS5 is coming out soon as well and that should add significant functionality to the OS. I'm guessing the iphone 5 next year will be a bigger update actually changing the form factor and all that.
    05-14-11 01:17 PM
    You don't really need a spec sheet, it's pretty predictable that the 4S will have the A5 dual core cpu, and I forget the name of it but it will have that dual core gpu as well. Then you throw in the obvious (and already confirmed) things like an 8mp camera and that about does it. Oh and of course iOS5 is coming out soon as well and that should add significant functionality to the OS. I'm guessing the iphone 5 next year will be a bigger update actually changing the form factor and all that.
    End of June at the latest for me...I mean we're waiting for a device that was compariable to LAST years Evo, Incrediable and iphone...and STILL we're overjoyed that the Bold 9930 will be somewhat on par, yes I understand that it's comapring apples(no pun) & oranges..and as a BlackBerry person, we give up a little for the Bold form factor over W0W TS devices such as the Evo, but c'mon..it'll be like a slap in our loyal BlackBerry customer faces if RIM let's the Bold slide until mid-August or early September..while for the entire month of August, Sprint and T-Mobile will be promoting the heck out of iphone4S on TV, Magazines, Internet coming to their carrier in a month (if of course rumors of Sprint and T-Mobile getting the iphone in September) Not just avg customers will be swayed, BlackBerry people will double think also.

05-14-11 04:24 PM
    I agree with you fully. I think August is pretty ridiculous and unbelievable (until I realize it's RIM we're dealing with). The longer they wait the more it'll hurt em.

Best come out in June.
    05-14-11 05:06 PM
    Meh, not ready till the end of nov. for me.
    Droidophobe likes this.
    05-14-11 05:15 PM
103 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD