I think you are mistaken about the Touch, the odds are that the only exclusive will be at&t getting the Torch 2 at least for a while as the likes of vzw and at&t are probably not going to have put in big enough orders on that model to lock it out from Sprint and T-Mobile.
    There are 3 phones we've been talking about. The Bold TOUCH, the Monaco/Monza TOUCH and the TORCH. The Moncaco has already been seen with a Verizon branding, so that's all but a lock that Verizon will have an exclusive on that since Verizon got the lock on the Storm1 and Storm2 models. ATT already has an exclusive on the Torch, so again, that's pretty much a lock on only ATT getting that one. As for the Bold touch, it's a Bold and all three carriers carry some sort of BB with the Bold line, so I'd look for all three carriers to get the Bold touch at some point in time. If I was betting, I'd say Sprint will be featuring the Bold touch the most while ATT touts the Torch2 and Vzw touts the Monaco.

I would guess the new phones will be out in June, early July at the latest. The hardware is done, OS 6.1 is only a bump over 6.0, as long as they have the battery life on the new cpu's at a decent level there is no reason not to release in June.

Carriers are testing these things now, I've played with the Monza hardware and it's gold, if they can't get the software in order in the next two months they have a serious developer problem.
    I left Sprint for Verizon back in February. The sales chick who set me up with my phone said she was told the new phones would drop in late June or early July but with my Curve falling apart again, I couldn't wait. So we're probably looking at another 3 or 4 months before they're released. Hopefully BWC will nail down some specific dates.

I do find it funny that with all that publicity surrounding that Nintendo DS looking phone Sprint is releasing, I've yet to hear anything about it. They brought in David Blaine to do something with it, and it's basically taken a backseat to Droids and iPhones.
    04-18-11 11:10 AM
    There are 3 phones we've been talking about. The Bold TOUCH, the Monaco/Monza TOUCH and the TORCH. The Moncaco has already been seen with a Verizon branding, so that's all but a lock that Verizon will have an exclusive on that since Verizon got the lock on the Storm1 and Storm2 models. ATT already has an exclusive on the Torch, so again, that's pretty much a lock on only ATT getting that one. As for the Bold touch, it's a Bold and all three carriers carry some sort of BB with the Bold line, so I'd look for all three carriers to get the Bold touch at some point in time. If I was betting, I'd say Sprint will be featuring the Bold touch the most while ATT touts the Torch2 and Vzw touts the Monaco.

I left Sprint for Verizon back in February. The sales chick who set me up with my phone said she was told the new phones would drop in late June or early July but with my Curve falling apart again, I couldn't wait. So we're probably looking at another 3 or 4 months before they're released. Hopefully BWC will nail down some specific dates.
    the storm was an exclusive. there is no indication that the new touch is a storm model and therefore no evidence of an exclusive. just because its been leaked with verizon branding doesnt mean its only launching with them. there have been rumors of sprint testing that phone so who knows who is also going to carry it. its been said that the torch's exclusive with att is probably over but since they supposedly paid to develop it, it may stay with them anyways. and you mean all 4 carriers will get bold touch?..anyways i dont think its 3-4 months..i think were looking at a month or 2, hopefully anyways.
    04-18-11 11:31 AM
    the storm was an exclusive. there is no indication that the new touch is a storm model and therefore no evidence of an exclusive. just because its been leaked with verizon branding doesnt mean its only launching with them. there have been rumors of sprint testing that phone so who knows who is also going to carry it. its been said that the torch's exclusive with att is probably over but since they supposedly paid to develop it, it may stay with them anyways. and you mean all 4 carriers will get bold touch?..anyways i dont think its 3-4 months..i think were looking at a month or 2, hopefully anyways.
    3 Carriers:
    ATT/TMo
    Sprint
    Verizon

I don't think it'll be before the start of summer before we see anything. It's just too soon. But I guess we'll see.
    04-18-11 11:43 AM
    3 Carriers:
    ATT/TMo
    Sprint
    Verizon

I don't think it'll be before the start of summer before we see anything. It's just too soon. But I guess we'll see.
    ATT/TMO isn't a done deal yet. For the sake of this discussion they are still being viewed as separate vendors by RIM.
    04-18-11 11:44 AM
    ATT/TMO isn't a done deal yet. For the sake of this discussion they are still being viewed as separate vendors by RIM.
    Agreed. Both companies are operating like normal.
    04-18-11 11:53 AM
    There are 3 phones we've been talking about. The Bold TOUCH, the Monaco/Monza TOUCH and the TORCH. The Moncaco has already been seen with a Verizon branding, so that's all but a lock that Verizon will have an exclusive on that since Verizon got the lock on the Storm1 and Storm2 models.
    Your logic is completely flawed on Monaco, all we have seen so far means that Verizon are a lock as you put it to be getting that device and implies nothing about whether or not Sprint will also be getting the device and the reality is that nowadays Verizon are not going to put in a big enough order to get the device as an exclusive and Sprint are going to get Monaco as well because otherwise a cdma device would not tend to be cost-effective to make.
    04-18-11 11:59 AM
    But you German's make the BEST Marzen/Oktoberfest beer in the world! Vundabar!
    04-18-11 12:46 PM
    All I know is I wants my Bold Touch 9930 NOW!!!
    04-18-11 12:52 PM
    I'm with Coldsunshine on the fact the Bold Touch 9930 will be Sprint's flagship BlackBerry...but Skeevecr does make a very valid point that RIM needs these devices in every carrier's hands they can get them too...and to just make a Touch for just Verizon (unless, which I highly doubt, they paid a huge exclusive deal like at&t did with the Torch). Also, I agree with Kevin's opinion on last Crackberry Podcast that RIM should have made a point on getting these new devices released before getting the Playbook out...kinda like putting the cart before the horse
    Last edited by leftypepper716; 04-18-11 at 01:03 PM.
    04-18-11 01:01 PM
    so, since only a few carriers use CDMA, germany obviously uses GSM
    can we srsly expect the Bold Touch to be released the same day as in other GSM-countries?

because as i said, we usually get stuff late.. : (
    04-18-11 01:04 PM
    I would assume all major carriers worldwide would get at least the Bold Touch (since it is both GSM and CDMA, and has duel bands to make it a World phone)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-11 04:17 PM
    I would assume all major carriers worldwide would get at least the Bold Touch (since it is both GSM and CDMA, and has duel bands to make it a World phone)

Carriers around the world would go with the HSPA version. The CDMA "worldphone" would only access the slower edge tech and not their 3/4g networks.

But I would expect the bold touch to be available on every carrier that has a 9700 or 9780.

04-21-11 04:26 PM
    Carriers around the world would go with the HSPA version. The CDMA "worldphone" would only access the slower edge tech and not their 3/4g networks.

But I would expect the bold touch to be available on every carrier that has a 9700 or 9780.

CDMA version should support UMTS2100 which is 3G overseas. My Tour supports this.
    04-21-11 06:02 PM
    Exactly my point, the Tour is a world phone and the Bold Touch 9900 and 9330 BOTH will be world phone accessible, hence "The Flagship" BlackBerry .

04-21-11 07:34 PM
    Your logic is completely flawed on Monaco, all we have seen so far means that Verizon are a lock as you put it to be getting that device and implies nothing about whether or not Sprint will also be getting the device and the reality is that nowadays Verizon are not going to put in a big enough order to get the device as an exclusive and Sprint are going to get Monaco as well because otherwise a cdma device would not tend to be cost-effective to make.

To each, his own I guess.

Personally, RIM is stupid if they don't offer all the phones to all the carriers rather than being carrier specific with certain models (Torch only to ATT; Monaco only to Verizon). With the tempting Droids and the Windows phones out there, only having one device carrier specific is a good way to alienate your subscribers. I'm a BB user for life so as long as Verizon has something with a full touch screen, I'm a happy chick.

IMO, Sprint has never been one to jump at anything new. They seem content with releasing Bolds and Curves and with the exception of that makeup compact looking phone, that's basically it. That was one of the reasons I left Sprint was because of the lack of decent phones. I had a Curve that was as problematic as my stupid former car which was a Saturn. I had problems with both my Saturn and my Curve from the first day I got it and like the Saturn, I was glad to see the Curve go.

With the iP5 allegedly coming out in September, carriers need to be a little more willing to fight for BB users by getting all the devices they can.
    04-25-11 02:55 PM

Personally, RIM is stupid if they don't offer all the phones to all the carriers rather than being carrier specific with certain models (Torch only to ATT; Monaco only to Verizon). With the tempting Droids and the Windows phones out there, only having one device carrier specific is a good way to alienate your subscribers. I'm a BB user for life so as long as Verizon has something with a full touch screen, I'm a happy chick.

IMO, Sprint has never been one to jump at anything new. They seem content with releasing Bolds and Curves and with the exception of that makeup compact looking phone, that's basically it. That was one of the reasons I left Sprint was because of the lack of decent phones. I had a Curve that was as problematic as my stupid former car which was a Saturn. I had problems with both my Saturn and my Curve from the first day I got it and like the Saturn, I was glad to see the Curve go.

With the iP5 allegedly coming out in September, carriers need to be a little more willing to fight for BB users by getting all the devices they can.
    Can I ask what Curve you had with Sprint? I've had my Sprint Curve 8330 since June of '09 and I've yet have any problems whatsoever with it. Even Kevin from CrackBerry said on his recent podcast, he thought the Curve 8330 was a great device (even better than the 1st iphone in his opinion) My Curve now is technically 3yrs old and as served me faithfully, but technology moves at a flash, and now it's almost a dinosauer compared to the latest devices. I don't NEED the latest or fad-device, I just want a device to carry me at least 2yrs happilly, and I'm almost certain when I grab the Bold Touch 9930, I'll be very sastisfied with it

04-25-11 05:16 PM

I think the obvious point with the Torch 2 is that it is the one out of the forthcoming line-up that most carriers could do without if it was the only exclusive in the states because they would still be able to offer the best qwerty blackberry, a full-touch blackberry and an entry-level model too so just at&t having it wouldn't be too much of an issue.

With Monaco, we already know there is also a umts version so that makes verizon having it as a cdma exclusive even less appealing to them since if anyone wanted it and didn't want to be on verizon they would still have a couple of alternatives even without Sprint and that is another reason why both cdma carriers are almost certain to get that phone.
    04-26-11 04:35 AM

Personally, RIM is stupid if they don't offer all the phones to all the carriers rather than being carrier specific with certain models .
    You are showing a LACK of understanding on how things work.

RIM does NOT decide which carrier gets what phone, the CARRIER makes this choice by placing an order and paying for them. These orders have already been placed and their units are in production. So the choices by the carriers have already been made and is a secret till your carrier let you know.

RIM could care less as long as they can sell hardware and their BB services.
    04-26-11 06:46 AM
    I'm trying to figure out what kind of accident I can have on my work 9650 so I can get a new Bold Touch.
    Scheming....scheming....

Chuck it at the wall lmao.
    04-26-11 07:27 AM
    Can I ask what Curve you had with Sprint? I've had my Sprint Curve 8330 since June of '09 and I've yet have any problems whatsoever with it. Even Kevin from CrackBerry said on his recent podcast, he thought the Curve 8330 was a great device (even better than the 1st iphone in his opinion) My Curve now is technically 3yrs old and as served me faithfully, but technology moves at a flash, and now it's almost a dinosauer compared to the latest devices. I don't NEED the latest or fad-device, I just want a device to carry me at least 2yrs happilly, and I'm almost certain when I grab the Bold Touch 9930, I'll be very sastisfied with it

I had the 8530. I think I was on my 6th or 7th one when I left Sprint. I had that phone a year. Before that, I had the 8350i from Nextel which was a workhorse, but it quit charging and I upgraded to Sprint and the 8530.

Apparently, the 8330 > 8530 which IMO was the Saturn of Curve phones. So glad to have gotten rid of it.

As enticing as the Monaco is, I'll keep my S2 until it dies. My finances won't allow me to upgrade any time soon. I don't upgrade just to have the latest phone. I kept my old i580 from Nextel for a number of years until my dog ate it.
    04-26-11 08:57 AM
    I kept my old i580 from Nextel for a number of years until my dog ate it.
    That has to be the funniest thing I've ever read on CB forums poor doggy!
    04-26-11 09:55 AM
    First of all id like to thank you guys for a very interesting read about the new releases and the general banter about the release dates.

I found myself in an o2 (uk) shop today and almost walked out with a Blackberry Torch as my contract is up.

I am so glad i didnt make that mistake after coming on here and seeing 3 new flagship phones on there way!

Think ive my heart set on the Torch2 as i like the physical keyboard, but prefer the larger screen than on the bold touch.

I feel a bit like a kid at christmas coming back to blackberry, my last was a curve 8310 some many moons ago!

Im being more optimistic and hoping the phones come out sooner rather than later.. mainly because i cannot wait.. stupily i chose to get the HTC HD7 over the torch first time round.. ill say no more on that matter!!

Keep up the good work guys
    Adam
    04-28-11 05:54 PM
    It'll be no later than end of June for atleast one of them.

The reason why is because their forecasted financial results were going to see a jump in Q2-Q4 becuase of new releases of smartphones. Q2 is June to August for RIM. If they push it much beyond the end of June then they are at risk of not meeting their guidance. Plus they will be introducing these at BBW. RIM knows they need to do something now so need to get the next lot of devices out quickly.
    no, not really
    i get that being too optimistic can result in being even more disappointed when it indeed does take longer to come out... and when you have low expectations to begin with, well then its "fine"

but srsly, it wouldnt even make sense this time, there is just NO way they'll get released Q4 ; )
    look at marketride's + my earlier posts
    "VERY UNLIKLEY! I have been with RIM for MANY years and early surprises are not what they do. I would bet on the 4th quarter as most think it will be the 3rd.

Sorry but I got history on my side!"

you have no facts to back up what you post as well
    at this point it is only speculation and we have to wait for BB World in may (3-5), then i guess we'll know more.
    im just saying that i believe they'll be released soon, you believe they'll be released Q4

we'll see whos right soon enough
    bet its gonna be me tho ; )
    LOL! Well how about it Seijuro! You still thing it is coming out soon! Maybe next week?

Now they say August and it is a long till AUGUST! That is close to the 4th qtr and am still betting it slips to 9 or 10-2011.

RIM is still screwing around with the PlayBook! LOL!

You want to put some money on 4th quarter? GOT PayPal
    05-05-11 05:37 AM
    oO
    august, september still 3rd quarter : p
    05-05-11 05:41 AM
    oO
    august, september still 3rd quarter : p
    You were looking for it this month!

I will bet you $100 it will be 9-1-2011 or later!

Yes, you agree?
    05-05-11 05:44 AM
103 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD