I'd have to agree with coldsunshine about Sprint getting the Bold Touch 9930 1st (flagship device) and then later getting the Curve (Sedona) and then fall/winter the Curve Touch. I doubt Sprint will be getting the Touch (at&t and Verizon most likely will be the only two). But again, even if Sprint had all five new devices, I'd still get a Bold Touch 9930

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That was my line of thinking. Sprint will snap at the chance to throw another Bold into the mix and another Curve, but I'm still thinking they'll either release both at the same time OR release the re-re-release of the Curve first, then release the new Bold next, but with the way RIM has been dropping phones, Sprint may release both the re-re-release of the Curve and the Bold touch at the same time.

ATT will definitely get the new Torch2. Verizon will likely get the Bold touch and will definitely get the Monaco/Storm3 since the video on YouTube about the phone already has the Vzw brand on the battery door cover.

TMob and the rest will likely have to settle for the re-re-release of the Curve for the time being.

I think AT&T will get the BT, Torch 2, and Curves. Why would they need a Touch when they already got one in the Torch?
    ATT has always has a Bold in their lineup. Not everyone wants a touch screen phone. Friend of mine has the Torch but rarely uses the touch screen for anything since he prefers the physical keyboard over the v-keyboard.

Well either at&t or T-Mobile are getting a Touch, since it's going to be GSM and CDMA, and yes, at&t also getting the Bold Touch 9900, neither Sprint or Verizon will be getting the Torch2 (go to Sprint's community forums discussions page and see all the Torch wanters boo hooing and willing to leave Sprint for the Torch2) RIM just hurry and release the Bold Touch 9930 for Sprint ASAP!!!

IMO, Sprint effed up by not going after the Torch line, but Sprint also effed up by releasing that makeup compact looking flip phone rather than getting with RIM and releasing something touchscreen. At the time, Sprint was the ONLY major provider without a touchscreen device as ATT has the Torch and Vzw has the Storm models. The character of Elliot Stabler from Law and Order SVU has one on the show and I just don't like it. I've never been a fan of clam shell phones as I tend to snap off the clamshell and wind up with two pieces of the same phone.
    04-14-11 09:26 AM
    My fiance got a Style 9670 1st of March, and other than the poor battery that the Style has, she really loves it, it's her 1st BlackBerry, and she's pretty old school about clam shell devices, so it really suites her fine. I myself have played with the Style and I think its not a bad little phone (it's got the best specs currently for a Sprint BlackBerry) and about BlackBerry new devices coming Sprints way, like I said, only makes perfect sense for Sprint to launch the new line with the Bold Touch 9930

04-14-11 12:41 PM
    I'm trying to figure out what kind of accident I can have on my work 9650 so I can get a new Bold Touch.
    Scheming....scheming....

04-14-11 02:59 PM
    That was my line of thinking. Sprint will snap at the chance to throw another Bold into the mix and another Curve, but I'm still thinking they'll either release both at the same time OR release the re-re-release of the Curve first, then release the new Bold next, but with the way RIM has been dropping phones, Sprint may release both the re-re-release of the Curve and the Bold touch at the same time.

ATT will definitely get the new Torch2. Verizon will likely get the Bold touch and will definitely get the Monaco/Storm3 since the video on YouTube about the phone already has the Vzw brand on the battery door cover.

TMob and the rest will likely have to settle for the re-re-release of the Curve for the time being.

ATT has always has a Bold in their lineup. Not everyone wants a touch screen phone. Friend of mine has the Torch but rarely uses the touch screen for anything since he prefers the physical keyboard over the v-keyboard.

IMO, Sprint effed up by not going after the Torch line, but Sprint also effed up by releasing that makeup compact looking flip phone rather than getting with RIM and releasing something touchscreen. At the time, Sprint was the ONLY major provider without a touchscreen device as ATT has the Torch and Vzw has the Storm models. The character of Elliot Stabler from Law and Order SVU has one on the show and I just don't like it. I've never been a fan of clam shell phones as I tend to snap off the clamshell and wind up with two pieces of the same phone.
    I completely agree that Sprint Effed up. Hehe Look, they'd be completely nuts if they don't release the Bold Touch. There is no reason that this phone doesn't come to Sprint. (Especially seeing as how I would Love to get one.)

I think Sprint's desire to show that they are getting better as a Carrier is enough for them to have this phone.

04-14-11 03:14 PM
    I'm trying to figure out what kind of accident I can have on my work 9650 so I can get a new Bold Touch.
    Scheming....scheming....

You don't want an accident. You need to engineer a failure. Maybe accidently kick out the USB in the first few moments of an OS install. Oops!

04-14-11 04:29 PM
    As for timelines....these devices will be announced at BBW and after that is entirely in the carriers hands. RIM has little control over release dates and honestly doesn't have much of a leg to stand on with na carriers to push them. I would guess between 4 to 16 weeks from BBW you'll see them all go live.

And I would expect initial OS to be buggy and not optimized. Look at the playbook. Must reviews are stating it isn't a finished product. And that's their future not a revenue stop gap like 6.1 is.

04-14-11 04:33 PM
    4th quarter? doubt it..
    who would actually buy one of these phones then and not just wait for the QNX devices?
    It'll be no later than end of June for atleast one of them.

The reason why is because their forecasted financial results were going to see a jump in Q2-Q4 becuase of new releases of smartphones. Q2 is June to August for RIM. If they push it much beyond the end of June then they are at risk of not meeting their guidance. Plus they will be introducing these at BBW. RIM knows they need to do something now so need to get the next lot of devices out quickly.
    Wishful thinking!
    04-14-11 04:49 PM
    Hope we get a date at BBworld.

04-14-11 10:44 PM
    Wishful thinking!
    no, not really
    i get that being too optimistic can result in being even more disappointed when it indeed does take longer to come out... and when you have low expectations to begin with, well then its "fine"

but srsly, it wouldnt even make sense this time, there is just NO way they'll get released Q4 ; )
    04-15-11 03:34 AM
    Yes all will be revealed at BBW and they better have the Bold Touch 9930 for Sprint by June 10th!!!
    04-15-11 08:46 AM
    it wouldnt even make sense this time, there is just NO way they'll get released Q4 ; )
    Make sense?

How about telling us why you know that there is no way!
    04-15-11 05:12 PM
    Just seems like the phones are in a more advanced stage than usual when seeing leaks that are supposedly this far out. They look fast and polished like they are ready to go tomorrow.

I am dying to have the Bold Touch. It is the phone that I have always wanted and the sooner it comes out the better!
    It might simply be the case that their current issues are more about battery performance, stability or radio performance so we are just not seeing them in these relatively short leaked videos, but those would obviously be crucial things that Rim would need to address since they wouldn't want to release devices unless they were still strong in the areas where they are traditionally strong regardless of how the specs are boosted in other areas.
    04-15-11 05:26 PM
    I'd have to agree with coldsunshine about Sprint getting the Bold Touch 9930 1st (flagship device) and then later getting the Curve (Sedona) and then fall/winter the Curve Touch. I doubt Sprint will be getting the Touch (at&t and Verizon most likely will be the only two). But again, even if Sprint had all five new devices, I'd still get a Bold Touch 9930
    I think you are mistaken about the Touch, the odds are that the only exclusive will be at&t getting the Torch 2 at least for a while as the likes of vzw and at&t are probably not going to have put in big enough orders on that model to lock it out from Sprint and T-Mobile.
    04-15-11 05:32 PM
    If you want to set yourself up for disappointment, then expect them to come early. If you want to be practical, assume they will be coming out when they suggest or a little later and if they manage to get them out early, it will be a bonus...
    04-15-11 08:03 PM
    Make sense?

How about telling us why you know that there is no way!
    look at marketride's + my earlier posts
    04-16-11 07:11 AM
    RIM would be setting ITSELF up for major disapointment and losses, if they brazenly wait until July-August to have either the Bold Touch or Touch released then. We've already seen promos leaked thru RIM on both devices, and they will be announced at BBW and the relase dates for the big 3 will soon follow, which I still believe will be late May, early June.

04-16-11 09:39 AM
    Yeah....with all these great devices out on the market on other platforms, i know I will not be waiting around for July or August to pick up a new phone. Will see what dates are revealed at BBW and then make a decision then weather to pick up a new BB or another phone.
    04-16-11 09:45 AM
    look at marketride's + my earlier posts
    I have already disregarded your posts as you have no facts to back up what you post. Why should I believe marktripes?
    04-16-11 12:02 PM
    "VERY UNLIKLEY! I have been with RIM for MANY years and early surprises are not what they do. I would bet on the 4th quarter as most think it will be the 3rd.

Sorry but I got history on my side!"

you have no facts to back up what you post as well
    at this point it is only speculation and we have to wait for BB World in may (3-5), then i guess we'll know more.
    im just saying that i believe they'll be released soon, you believe they'll be released Q4

we'll see whos right soon enough
    bet its gonna be me tho ; )
    Last edited by Seijuro; 04-16-11 at 03:15 PM.
    04-16-11 12:45 PM
    Just pulling your chain to see if you loose control

You are right, but I still say if history repeats RIM will seldom deleiver anything early. I hope I am wrong as I wnat both the BT and Monza, but I am not getting excited about it now.

I was one of the first with the 9780 but it is getting old news for me.
    04-16-11 03:08 PM

im already excited about the BT, srsly.. i cant wait for it ^^
    i'll just hope o2 gets it early and not like 4 months later

and i'll be optimistic again, 1 year after purchasing the dakota, qnx phones will be out : P
    at least thats what im hoping for, 1 year bold touch, then QNX !
    would be great
    04-16-11 03:20 PM

im already excited about the BT, srsly.. i cant wait for it ^^
    i'll just hope o2 gets it early and not like 4 months later

and i'll be optimistic again, 1 year after purchasing the dakota, qnx phones will be out : P
    at least thats what im hoping for, 1 year bold touch, then QNX !
    would be great
    What carrier is O2? I'm in Detroit, Michigan and those who are going by the CDMA 2011 roadmap should understand that is for local carriers who usually get devices 3 months later than at&t, verizon and sprint.

04-16-11 04:44 PM
    I would guess the new phones will be out in June, early July at the latest. The hardware is done, OS 6.1 is only a bump over 6.0, as long as they have the battery life on the new cpu's at a decent level there is no reason not to release in June.

Carriers are testing these things now, I've played with the Monza hardware and it's gold, if they can't get the software in order in the next two months they have a serious developer problem.
    04-17-11 11:06 PM
    I would guess the new phones will be out in June, early July at the latest. The hardware is done, OS 6.1 is only a bump over 6.0, as long as they have the battery life on the new cpu's at a decent level there is no reason not to release in June.

Carriers are testing these things now, I've played with the Monza hardware and it's gold, if they can't get the software in order in the next two months they have a serious developer problem.
    I also got to play with the Monza for about 30 minutes and it is slick and smooooth. What a difference a faster processor makes for a phone's operation. I wish RIM would hurry!
    04-18-11 05:28 AM
    What carrier is O2? I'm in Detroit, Michigan and those who are going by the CDMA 2011 roadmap should understand that is for local carriers who usually get devices 3 months later than at&t, verizon and sprint.

o2 = germany, should be GSM, right?
    but then again... we always get stuff later : P
    04-18-11 05:54 AM
103 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD