Seems like the videos we are seeing of the Bold Touch and the Blackberry Touch are very polished for phones that are supposedly 3-4 months away. Any thoughts that when they are announced at Blackberry World in May that they will be released soon after, as in May?
    04-12-11 12:59 PM
    I sure hope its sooner than later. I am due my upgrade on Verizon and am waiting for the bold touch
    04-12-11 01:11 PM
    I hope so, but I highly doubt it.

It would be a good idea, I think, to release them soon after Blackberry World.
    04-12-11 02:29 PM
    It would be nice if they did. I too am due for an upgrade in May. Right now Verizon is not selling any BlackBerry's that interest me. I want a full touchscreen phone and going from the Storm 1 to the Storm 2 does not make sense.
    04-12-11 02:40 PM
    I'm thinking from all the info coming out they will be releasing soon after Blackberry World. Hopefully RIM figured that not getting something new out there will only steepen their US sales slide. I'll probably be buying a Monza as soon as they come out. I've been wanting to ditch my Tour for a long time, but haven't had BB worth either burning an upgrade on or switching carriers for.
    04-12-11 02:41 PM
    Seems like we saw the Torch at BBW and it wasn't available until Aug/Sept.
    04-12-11 03:05 PM
    I'm hoping at least the Bold Touch will be availible, seeing that it will be the flagship device for 2011 around late May, early June. Better for me, since my Sprint contract expires in June, and I'll be getting the Bold Touch 9930 for $199.00

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-11 08:28 PM
    Just seems like the phones are in a more advanced stage than usual when seeing leaks that are supposedly this far out. They look fast and polished like they are ready to go tomorrow.

I am dying to have the Bold Touch. It is the phone that I have always wanted and the sooner it comes out the better!
    04-12-11 08:33 PM
    Just seems like the phones are in a more advanced stage than usual when seeing leaks that are supposedly this far out. They look fast and polished like they are ready to go tomorrow.
    You must have missed all the errors from the Monaco video today
    04-12-11 08:35 PM
    At least, and even with all those errors, it didn't run sluggish at all. It's really snappy.
    04-12-11 09:14 PM
    At least, and even with all those errors, it didn't run sluggish at all. It's really snappy.
    Agreed. I did find it comical though that there are still hourglasses but they disappear at the blink of an eye instead of several seconds later.
    04-12-11 09:17 PM
    Seems like we saw the Torch at BBW and it wasn't available until Aug/Sept.
    No, OS6 was demoed at BBW, not the Torch. The Torch wasn't announced until the end of July.

I am thinking we will see these devices early June.
    04-12-11 10:27 PM
    You must have missed all the errors from the Monaco video today
    but those were mostly because there was no network.... (i think)
    04-12-11 10:48 PM
    My upgrade date is end of July, so as long as it comes by then I'll be happy
    04-12-11 11:00 PM
    I'm already waiting for one of these things, my upgrade was ready in feburary

04-12-11 11:54 PM
    If Sprint doesn't pick up the Monaco, I'll stick to my 9650 until the QNX devices come out.
    04-13-11 12:03 AM
    I hope it don't come out, so it saves me money. Willpower is non existent with me, lol!

04-13-11 03:23 AM
    VERY UNLIKLEY! I have been with RIM for MANY years and early surprises are not what they do. I would bet on the 4th quarter as most think it will be the 3rd.

Sorry but I got history on my side!
    04-13-11 04:56 AM
    4th quarter? doubt it..
    who would actually buy one of these phones then and not just wait for the QNX devices?
    04-13-11 05:07 AM
    VERY UNLIKLEY! I have been with RIM for MANY years and early surprises are not what they do. I would bet on the 4th quarter as most think it will be the 3rd.

Sorry but I got history on my side!
    It'll be no later than end of June for atleast one of them.

The reason why is because their forecasted financial results were going to see a jump in Q2-Q4 becuase of new releases of smartphones. Q2 is June to August for RIM. If they push it much beyond the end of June then they are at risk of not meeting their guidance. Plus they will be introducing these at BBW. RIM knows they need to do something now so need to get the next lot of devices out quickly.
    04-13-11 08:20 AM
    If Sprint doesn't pick up the Monaco, I'll stick to my 9650 until the QNX devices come out.
    You'll probably be waiting a while. There was a YouTube video of that phone in action. Showed it with a Verizon brand. Yay for me since I have Verizon but I seriously doubt if I upgrade any time soon.

If I was a betting woman, I'd bank on Sprint getting the re-re-release of the Curve and the Bold touch.
    04-13-11 09:12 AM
    I'd have to agree with coldsunshine about Sprint getting the Bold Touch 9930 1st (flagship device) and then later getting the Curve (Sedona) and then fall/winter the Curve Touch. I doubt Sprint will be getting the Touch (at&t and Verizon most likely will be the only two). But again, even if Sprint had all five new devices, I'd still get a Bold Touch 9930

04-13-11 09:35 AM
    USCellular is getting the storm 3 or whatever they are calling it.
    04-13-11 10:08 AM
    I think AT&T will get the BT, Torch 2, and Curves. Why would they need a Touch when they already got one in the Torch?
    04-13-11 12:37 PM
    I think AT&T will get the BT, Torch 2, and Curves. Why would they need a Touch when they already got one in the Torch?
    Well either at&t or T-Mobile are getting a Touch, since it's going to be GSM and CDMA, and yes, at&t also getting the Bold Touch 9900, neither Sprint or Verizon will be getting the Torch2 (go to Sprint's community forums discussions page and see all the Torch wanters boo hooing and willing to leave Sprint for the Torch2) RIM just hurry and release the Bold Touch 9930 for Sprint ASAP!!!

04-13-11 01:23 PM
103 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD