Kind of like how Toyota turned Prius into a family name for all of their hybrids, calling all Blackberry Android devices "Priv" would help to distinguish them from non-android Blackberry devices; which provides less confusion to customers (as all Priv by Blackberry devices would be the same OS) and allows Blackberry to distance the Blackberry brand if desired. Who knows? Maybe Blackberry could return to the RIM name and have the Blackberry and Priv lines independent of each other.

For example the current Priv could be considered the Priv Slide, and the upcoming touch could be something like the Priv Touch - though Blackbery can come up with a better name than "Touch" and "Slide".

Thoughts?
    12-23-15 02:18 PM
    Kind of like how Toyota turned Prius into a family name for all of their hybrids, calling all Blackberry Android devices "Priv" would help to distinguish them from non-android Blackberry devices; which provides less confusion to customers (as all Priv by Blackberry devices would be the same OS) and allows Blackberry to distance the Blackberry brand if desired. Who knows? Maybe Blackberry could return to the RIM name and have the Blackberry and Priv lines independent of each other.

For example the current Priv could be considered the Priv Slide, and the upcoming touch could be something like the Priv Touch - though Blackbery can come up with a better name than "Touch" and "Slide".

Thoughts?
    The name had not grown on me at all so I hope not.
    12-23-15 02:22 PM
    Nope, not going to happen.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-15 10:14 PM
    I think they should just name all the new devices playphone.

Oh wait thats probably a bad idea....

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Priv.
    JeepBB likes this.
    12-23-15 10:36 PM
    And so two years from now if they spin off the hardware business would the company be called Priv?
    12-23-15 10:59 PM
    Priv is such a horrible name that I'd hope what you're saying wouldn't happen.

But what you're saying sounds like something Chen would do since he has gotten a personal kick out of offending everyone with this name.

Instead of dismissing your idea as nonsense I'll just say that when it comes to bad choices it would be hard for Chen to surprise me anymore.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2876 / T-Mobile USA
    12-24-15 01:14 AM
    I hope not.
    12-26-15 12:13 PM
    "Should Priv become the family name for ALL Android devices?"

No, Priv is an awful name.
    12-26-15 08:34 PM
    "Should Priv become the family name for ALL Android devices?"

No, Priv is an awful name.
    Yes and the idea of making it a family name is just as bad....
    12-26-15 09:13 PM
    I don't think Priv, based on generalized commentary, will be the next name of a follow up Android BlackBerry device.

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    12-26-15 10:10 PM
    If it were my call I would use a boring naming convention. Something like:

Series 3-
    Consumer, lower end devices
    (Android VKB only)

Series 5-
    Consumer devices (Android)

Series 7-
    For government and regulated industries, but also consumers that wanted to pay a premium (BB10 and Android)

But then again I don't work in marketing for a reason.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Priv.
    12-27-15 12:08 AM

Thoughts?
    No. BlackBerry has done nothing to make the Priv more PRIVate. Android by it's very nature is not PRIVate and BlackBerry is deceiving the public with this as a selling point for the Priv.
    The Priv should have never been named the Priv, so no future devices should be either.
    12-27-15 11:46 AM

Thoughts?
    See this would be a great idea if the Priv's name was something else besides Priv

Posted via CB10
    12-28-15 01:28 AM
    The name Priv sounds so unfinished. Almost tempted to call it the Pee Are Eye Vee so it at least sounds like it stands for something.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-15 03:17 AM
    It wins the most original name of 2015. Like it or hate it, it's different. Sorry but I hated the z10 and q10 name. I definitely don't like the Sony z5 name, Samsung s6 name. I definitely thought a more playful name would work but we need to get over it, it's here to stay.

The Priv classic is next.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-15 10:36 AM
    It wins the most original name of 2015. Like it or hate it, it's different. Sorry but I hated the z10 and q10 name. I definitely don't like the Sony z5 name, Samsung s6 name. I definitely thought a more playful name would work but we need to get over it, it's here to stay.

The Priv classic is next.
    If the Priv survives there will be a RePriv.
    12-28-15 11:19 AM
    Ugh I hope not. I don't like the name, but I've gotten used to it. "Venice" would have been just fine. Name all the phones after famous European cities. Venice, Vienna, Florence, Madrid, etc...
    12-28-15 11:55 AM
    I like the idea of a name and a range but always thought priv sounded silly! Older people in England used to call the toilet the privvy!

Swiped on my beautiful Passport!
    Doggerz likes this.
    12-29-15 02:33 AM
    Priv is a bloody awful name.

Blackberry Bungholio would be an upgrade ffs...

So, no.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Doggerz likes this.
    12-29-15 02:50 PM

Thoughts?
    Would be a good idea. Samsung did that with their Androids, any Android Samsung is a Galaxy, if its WP or Tizen they have different names.
    12-29-15 04:17 PM
    Whatever.. Android lovers may ask that. Chen when will you release the BB10 Os Z30 or Passport successor!!!!????

  
    12-29-15 09:04 PM
    Whatever.. Android lovers may ask that. Chen when will you release the BB10 Os Z30 or Passport successor!!!!????

  
    Never.

Now back on topic, I'm not against a family name, but "Priv" doesn't do it for me.
    12-30-15 01:24 AM
    Privberry o_0

Z10STL100-2/10.3.2.2639
    12-30-15 01:22 PM