i agree, but Im sure Windows phone users feel the same way. Thats why I dont understand why RIM gets all this backlash for lack of apps, when Windows phones probably have even less.

Everytime an app is promoted on tv, its either iOS or Android

But, so far Im satisfied. I have all the apps that I need and use all the time.
    Every Tom or Harry seems to be making an iphone or android app, I do not need individual app for avery radio station, I don't need an individual app for every news station, an app for my corner shop, tire shop and the list goes on.

I find governments making iphone and android apps scary.

People should really be more careful with apps and what kind of information they share with them. There's a certain responsibility.

Example: person A installs an app, the app that reads its contact list. Person B,C,D etc are in the contact list and they start receiving unsolicited emails. Or simply it now has B,C and D's phone number, mobile phone number, email address, house address and work address etc in a database somewhere ready to be sold.

Point is this, no app is ever really "free"
    01-23-12 04:44 AM
    Netflix for my Torch 9860 and MY PLAYBOOK
    And yes I'd like to see apps advertised for iOS android and BB
    01-23-12 08:52 AM
    Example: person A installs an app, the app that reads its contact list. Person B,C,D etc are in the contact list and they start receiving unsolicited emails. Or simply it now has B,C and D's phone number, mobile phone number, email address, house address and work address etc in a database somewhere ready to be sold.
    Have you ever known this to happen to someone? I have dozens of friends that are Android and iOS users and I've never gotten unsolicited emails/texts/phone calls from someone downloading an app. Then again, most people don't have all that info for specific contacts unless it's for business, and people probably aren't downloading tons of apps on a business phone, imho.
    01-23-12 10:46 AM
    No worries then Qb..the "red headed step child" disdain generally only applies to boys/men. Everyone knows red headed women are hawt
    This redheaded woman is a stepchild and I find the expression funny. Always have since I became a stepchild after my mom died and my dad remarried.

I am also fairly confident I have a soul.

In any event, I have to agree on the apps. That was one my deciding factors for picking up an iPhone as my main phone and moving my S2 to secondary backup status. The apps and not just the fart apps. There are a lot of apps that have value and I use every day. There is a medical coder app I use at work all the time while I work. BB doesn't have that.

I follow several hockey teams. Minnesota Wild just released an iPhone app. Tampa Bay already has one. Now if the Sharks would just release one... No mention of BB apps for hockey teams. Sad fact really. I'd probably have an OS7 device if it wasn't for the lack of apps.
    01-23-12 12:54 PM
    Every Tom or Harry seems to be making an iphone or android app, I do not need individual app for avery radio station, I don't need an individual app for every news station, an app for my corner shop, tire shop and the list goes on.
    Not for every news source or retail outlet no. But for those I frequently get a lot of good information from, sure, why not? I have an app from one of my local news stations, and it gets quite a bit of use. Do I use them all? Heck no, but that's the beauty of it. I got to choose which one to install.

Same with retail outlets that have apps. I have a couple on my phone, those that I will actually use. Of course I don't have any that cater to Victoria Secret or Mary Kay cosmetics. But hey... I'm sure somebody out there would find them useful.

Just because you don't have a use for all those apps, doesn't mean somebody else shouldn't be able to.
    01-23-12 01:21 PM
    Accessing your contacts is where "Permissions" comes in. Use them however you like.
    01-23-12 02:19 PM
    Just because you don't have a use for all those apps, doesn't mean somebody else shouldn't be able to.
    Sounds like a money making opportunity.
    Build an HTML 5 application and put it on the BB app store.

BlackBerry HTML5/WebWorks
    Last edited by LoganSix; 01-23-12 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Added link to WebWorks
    01-23-12 02:38 PM
    im getting more and more annoyed that everything is catered towards iOS and android. and im not talking only about individual developers, im talking like large companies who have apps for customers

what are some apps n things that you guys want for RIM that are not available yet?
    For years I was a loyal BB user, but the lack of apps was a big factor in my leaving for another platform. One of the final straws was the NHL not releasing a 2011-12 NHL GameCenter app for BlackBerry. Of all the large companies that have mobile apps, how could the NHL not relase an app for BlackBerry!?!?

The common refrain in the forums here has been "RIM has no control over what apps developers develop." To some extent this is true but, considering the downward spiral RIM is in right now, they should be doing all they can to get companies like the NHL, major banks, etc.. to release good apps for BlackBerry phones.
    GingerSnapsBack likes this.
    01-23-12 02:55 PM
    Like I said, why would they make apps for Blackberry when Google has them thinking Blackberry devices that show up on their websites are iPhones?
    01-23-12 08:44 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD