I have a Z10 and an iPhone and I'm sure you can guess which is for work. I'm really getting tired of the iPhone (I really hate this thing) and I was going to upgrade to a Q10 for my work communication device. Seems close by a new phone launch so should I just be patient or dive in n possibly regret cuz a bad *** new Q will be out there.

Thoughts? Thanks guys
    02-09-14 01:41 PM
    That is a hard question. I know what the Q does now and I love it. No one knows anything about the new phones. All rumored details. We don't know time-frame, carrier availability, price, or hardware reliability. Might be a year away.

Get the phone you want now. Worry about the next one when it comes

Posted via CB10
    zclash, johnm137 and wardy87 like this.
    02-09-14 01:47 PM
    That makes sense, I don't like to be that wait and see guy but I think the day I buy it BlackBerry will do a surprise launch hahahaha seems like my luck kinda. I miss the keyboard. This way I'll have the best of both worlds.
    02-09-14 01:55 PM
    Sorry I can't guess 100 percent which device is your work device.

Posted via CB10
    velkod and haringfish like this.
    02-09-14 01:55 PM
    My thoughts are - you've already got the Z10 so instead of getting the Q10 which is basically the same with a physical keyboard ( & smaller screen) why not wait for the next generation of Q xx.....
    02-09-14 01:59 PM
    Sorry I can't guess 100 percent which device is your work device.

Posted via CB10
    It got me thinking, too. Guess it's the usual story, "apps", you know.

OP is annoyed about the slow, awkward typing (compared to the awesome Z10) and the dated OS, with copycat "multitasking" elements bolted on.
    He is asking for a Q as work phone. My choice, too. The Z10 is my play phone.

iPhone for me? Scr... ahem Q that! (posted from the latter)
    02-09-14 02:04 PM
    I can't say with any certainty that a new Q is headed to stores anytime soon. Having said that, there will almost always be something new and / or better coming along. In my experience, it seems to happen just after I have bought from what is available. I learned a long time ago to make my choice from what is available now.

You can never know just what or when BlackBerry will release a new device or OS. The Q10 is an awesome device. You won't be disappointed with it.
    OTCHRussell likes this.
    02-09-14 02:08 PM
    It got me thinking, too. Guess it's the usual story, "apps", you know.

OP is annoyed about the slow, awkward typing (compared to the awesome Z10) and the dated OS, with copycat "multitasking" elements bolted on.
    He is asking for a Q as work phone. My choice, too. The Z10 is my play phone.

iPhone for me? Scr... ahem Q that! (posted from the latter)
    I am taking it the iphone is his work phone, but in order to guide him correctly, what work apps would he require?

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 02:10 PM
    I'm in the same boat as you with, but with z30!!! lol
    velkod likes this.
    02-09-14 02:12 PM
    Z10 is my work phone. Started out with BBM, emails and calls. Turns out the phone is damn awesome for everything. I can't save any files or anything for that matter on the iPhone. It's relatively useless unless you just wanna play games and have fun. I'm not bored in class thank you.

Q would strictly be for calls and emails and work related things. I think I should just grab it. The tease of the bigger screen and stuff can be seducing but, I don't wanna wait potentially next year or so. I'll give it until Friday hahaha compromise
    02-09-14 02:35 PM
    Z10 is my work phone. Started out with BBM, emails and calls. Turns out the phone is damn awesome for everything. I can't save any files or anything for that matter on the iPhone. It's relatively useless unless you just wanna play games and have fun. I'm not bored in class thank you.

Q would strictly be for calls and emails and work related things. I think I should just grab it. The tease of the bigger screen and stuff can be seducing but, I don't wanna wait potentially next year or so. I'll give it until Friday hahaha compromise
    Well....since you have the z10, and apps are not the driving force, I will take it you want a physical keypad over the touch screen. I went from the z10 to the z30. I find typing is better with the bigger screen real estate. Also, now with 10.2.1 and android apps, some android apps prefer the z10 or z30 screen over the Q10. As for BlackBerry producing another Q device in the next 6 months I doubt it.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 02:50 PM
    I am almost certain that there will be a new Q series device in the 2nd half of the year with a larger screen.

I am also not anybody of any consequence. But I'd wait it out a little longer if I were you.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 04:27 PM
    I wanted to wait for the "Q30", but I couldn't find any release info on it. So, not wanting to continue using a touch screen android anymore, I made the switch this last Friday and let me tell you, the Q10 kicks ****. The keyboard is great, the operating system is great, and it's easy to use. I will never go back to the touch screen crap...no more swiping and erasing.

Posted via CB10
    nappp likes this.
    02-09-14 05:14 PM
    Speak of the devil...
    02-09-14 05:41 PM
    I'm trying to upload a photo but it won't work!! New BlackBerry phone update I just saw on BlackBerry BBM channel
    02-09-14 05:42 PM
    Post!

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 06:51 PM
    I wanted to wait for the "Q30", but I couldn't find any release info on it. So, not wanting to continue using a touch screen android anymore, I made the switch this last Friday and let me tell you, the Q10 kicks ****. The keyboard is great, the operating system is great, and it's easy to use. I will never go back to the touch screen crap...no more swiping and erasing.

Posted via CB10
    I like your style I love the Q. I had reservations originally too. It's like wondering if ice cream is any good. Q rocks

Posted via CB10
    velkod likes this.
    02-09-14 06:53 PM
    It won't let me. Here's a separate thread on its own lol. It says by 2015. Octa core 64 bit processor.
    02-09-14 06:54 PM
    Oh ok. Yes that was an original roadmap that may or may not be happening. Rumored right now as BlackBerry hasn't commented. Chen said a low end and a high end are coming, but that has been it officially

Posted via CB10
    taberds likes this.
    02-09-14 07:01 PM
    I have a Z10 as well but I will be honest. That q10 is one beautiful device. A decade from now it will still look good. As to the new Q, I will bet that BlackBerry will push it out to a 3.5 inch screen which would open it up to greater App support. I don't see a slider happening. So there is your choice. Go crazy and ask for them all.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 07:18 PM
    I switched from a Z10 to a Q10. I was also considering waiting for the new Q device that has been rumored for the end of the year but after reading all the great reviews on here figured why not. It is a great phone and I am very happy with the purchase. Great size and feels great in your hand. Now I'm not sure if I'll even switch when the new one comes out. Will have to wait and see what it actually is. But really, who knows when it will be out. You could be waiting for some time.

Posted from my Q10 using CB10
    02-09-14 07:53 PM
    To be honest you will prefer the BlackBerry Q5 over the BlackBerry Q10. There are threads about the advantages and disadvantages of both of these smartphones. For the record I own a BlackBerry Z10 and a BlackBerry Q5.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    02-09-14 08:04 PM
    Ya I'll probably just pick up at Q this week. Thanks guys.
    02-09-14 08:26 PM
    I have a Z10 and an iPhone and I'm sure you can guess which is for work. I'm really getting tired of the iPhone (I really hate this thing) and I was going to upgrade to a Q10 for my work communication device. Seems close by a new phone launch so should I just be patient or dive in n possibly regret cuz a bad *** new Q will be out there.

Thoughts? Thanks guys
    I would say just dive in and pick up a Q. I was on the fence for a long time, and once verizon lowered the price there was no more excuses. This is only the first day and I don't see looking back anytime soon, expecially once I get more used to the OS and update to 10.2.

All in all, go for it. You can't go wrong with only 50 bucks if you're on contract.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 08:53 PM
    Honestly, wait until Mobile World Congress In Barcelona. It's going to. Be in the next 2 weeks and I heard that BlackBerry will be attending so maybe we'll get a sneak peak/leak of some of the future phones. But right after that if nothings released I'd just go with the Q10. You could be waiting for a long time unfortunately

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 09:33 PM
33 12