I would just let her decide on whatever she wants to get. However I do feel that moving from BlackBerry 10 is a downgrade as well. There is nothing special about the iPhone 6 and 6+. In fact, it's the exact same thing as any other iPhone just a bigger screen. but at the end of the day, happy wife, happy life. Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    09-10-14 08:32 PM
    don't force your choice on her. My wife is happy with Samsung Note since last 2 yrs and she doesn't bother to see mine Z10. It's their requirement. I love my blackberry using since 8 yrs.
    I would like to know whether any phone other than BB has option for setting up emails "forever"? Somehow, I have perception iphone, samsung, sony, Lumia phones have option of syncing max 30 days.
    09-10-14 08:47 PM
    What's up with all the mysogeny on this thread (and perhaps site)? If a woman wants a certain phone and the phone is within a family or personal budget, then isn't the choice hers? So many threads- "I got my wife a Blackberry. She didn't want it but now..." This isn't 1950. What up with this?
    grydlok and TGR1 like this.
    09-10-14 09:43 PM
    I'm in a similar situation. My wife complains about her phone all the time (Z10), but she has had issues with iCloud syncing initially, then after switching to outlook.com she had calendar issues with syncing that I could easily duplicate but no one else seemed to have issues with that would delete appointments, extreme pocket dialing and button presses when using the phone (I think the screen cover might be the cause). So I think it's just made her negative about it. She had issues with her iPhone 4 too (why she changed in the first place). My guess is she'll want to try Android, but the grass is always greener on the other side.
    09-10-14 10:23 PM
    In short, yes.
    09-10-14 11:06 PM
    Go for it.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 11:48 PM
    Get what she wants is best for both of you.
    I did kind of forced my hubby to get Z10 when it first came out. I wanted to use BBM! & expected more apps to come in the future.
    Anyway, it didn't work out well for us in the end. Finally I've got him Android phone to replace his Z last month.
    Yes, he complains about Android too sometimes. Some tasks are easier with BlackBerry. But he is such an app person, he won't come back to BlackBerry.
    Gave him what he really wanted & I can enjoy my own BlackBerry in peace without worrying about troubleshooting his BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and TGR1 like this.
    09-11-14 12:22 AM
    Give her what she wants and maybe she'll give you what you want.
    09-11-14 04:44 AM
    why doesn't she make up her own mind? It's her phone.
    09-11-14 05:57 AM
    Just have her try it and see if she likes it. Not sure anyone here can know her preference.
    09-11-14 06:11 AM
    Definitely get your wife the iPhone 6 because your kids have iPad minis that means they are on iMessage and can send text messages via Wi-Fi to Apple devices. They will also be using Find my Friends to keep track of each other.

While you're at it you might as well switch yourself to the iPhone 6 also because you don't want to be the only one left out of your own families messaging and cloud photo sharing. They are going to be sharing lots videos with each other automatically via iCloud photo sharing. The fact is that families, these days, often have less physical time to spend with each other but can share more via technology. You're really going to choose BlackBerry over participating in your own kids lives? Life is pretty short in that way and before you know it your kids will be older and won't necessarily be sharing as much with you.

And you can get all of these delivered within a couple of weeks if you order on Friday. Good luck.
    Sharing is right, every video and picture will be shared with the world on the most insecure platform in the world. Happy wife happy life sure, just make sure you keep all the important pictures and anything private in your blackberry.
    09-11-14 06:15 AM
    Hi there,

i'm like you , a fan of Blackberry, However, we need to tell truth that headache is less with iphone.
    specially for non business people.

unfortunately, Blackberry has "coernered" in the last few year, and kept the phone to be used for emails, with of course a high level of security.

i hope that the new family member "passport" to make up the difference.

again , thanks for asking our opinions and good luck.
    09-11-14 06:16 AM
    why doesn't she make up her own mind? It's her phone.
    I second that! Also, we have a leaving thread right here..

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...thread-260887/

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    09-11-14 06:24 AM
113 ... 345