I'm currently sitting on two BB Torch 9800's. One is mine that I use every day and the other is the one my father lost and then found after he got an iPhone. It just doesn't get used at all. I have no issues with mine and only have an occasional freeze-up that never bothers me.

I was on the BB site and saw their trade-up program. I have played on a friend's Verizon Bold 9900 but wasn't extremely impressed by it. Would it be worth it to me to upgrade to a newer BB phone?
    07-04-12 02:13 PM
    Only you can figure that out. Does it do what you want? Does it seem worth the upgrade or you're just as happy with what you have? Do you care what the others have or are coming out with?
    07-04-12 02:20 PM
    I just upgraded my 9800 for a new bold 9900 a few weeks ago and I'm loving it. Very responsive (much faster) and the keyboard is excellent.

I sold the torch on kijiji for $200 (took me actually less than 6 hours to sell it) and put the $$ towards the new bold.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    07-04-12 02:22 PM
    I'm currently sitting on two BB Torch 9800's.
    Try using them in your hands and not underneath your rear. It's a whole different experience, I promise!

*Sorry, I wokeup on the smart@$$ side of the bed today. My real advice: If you're not having THAT much problem with them I'd save the upgrade for BB10, if you can wait a few months!
    07-04-12 02:28 PM
    I see how broad of a question I just asked now.

I'm not having a problem with BB OS6 (I think that's whats I'm using). I'm just keeping two around right now in case one breaks, but I don't see it happening soon.

I just see an opportunity to upgrade and was wondering if it was a good time to. Are Torch 9800 prices still high that I should sell one or both to get a BB7 phone? Basically, is it worth it in a cost vs. performance perspective to get BB7 from my BB6 phone?
    07-04-12 03:34 PM
    If you liked the 9800, you'll love the 9810. It's what the 9800 should have been. And I would check ebay to see if you'll get more there than through the BB trade-up program.

However, if you are on an upgrade schedule, and won't get another upgrade for, say, 18 months, I'd think twice. The 9810 is last year's phone and it's what should have come out TWO Years ago. I wouldn't want to be stuck with it until January 2014, particularly since RIM as we know it might not even exist by then. Unless you are one of these go-down-with-the-ship BB diehards, you might want to consider a more state of the art device.
    07-04-12 03:52 PM
    I've got another year until I can get free upgrades. I guess I'll think twice. I understand that RIM may be a sinking ship and I will not stay with them if they fall -- as much as I love their keyboards.

A quick scan of eBay still shows Torches going for $150+ which is more than what BB will give out. Maybe I"ll just sell my extra and save up the money.

Thanks guys!
    07-04-12 04:31 PM
    I see how broad of a question I just asked now.

I'm not having a problem with BB OS6 (I think that's whats I'm using). I'm just keeping two around right now in case one breaks, but I don't see it happening soon.

I just see an opportunity to upgrade and was wondering if it was a good time to. Are Torch 9800 prices still high that I should sell one or both to get a BB7 phone? Basically, is it worth it in a cost vs. performance perspective to get BB7 from my BB6 phone?

Upgrading to a OS7 would really be pointless right now only because by the time BB10 rolls out you'd wish you never used the upgrade :/
    Lol, what I'd do is sell each Torch for $150, maybe even $175, then use the money to buy a nice used 9900 on Craigslist.
    Or simply offer to trade both Torch's for a 9900.

But since you said you weren't that impressed by it, I'd just wait for BB10.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    07-04-12 04:35 PM
    I agree. I dont think its a good idea to waste an upgrade on OS7 phone. I think the 9900 is awesome and the best Blackberry out right now, but do you wanna be stuck with a 9900 in 2014??
    07-05-12 10:10 AM
    I would say give the BB torch 9860 a spin, it is the best mainstream BB for the non-business consumer crowd in my opinion.

However, if you really want that quintessential BB experience get the BB bold 9900. It has the best keyboard, a more than capable touchscreen and has NFC capable, making it futureptoof until the new BB10 phones arrive.

I have hope we will see BB10 phones in 2013, so the current top end BB7 phones should last you into the next year or so.
    Last edited by Speedygi; 07-05-12 at 10:40 AM.
    07-05-12 10:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD