Hi my contract is up because of the new wireless code in Canada and I was wondering if I should stay with BB or jump ship to android. The thing is I don't know if BB will release an all touch flagship phone anytime soon, so I need help making my decision because my family is pushing me to get a "more" popular phone.

Can some one help me i am very confused?
    06-05-15 01:11 PM
    If you go to Android expecting apps and mods and whatnot to cover the things you did in BlackBerry, you'll be frustrated. Android is not like BB. Messaging and anything the hub does it terrible on that OS. It's all about focusing on the app you're in and not about focusing on communication. If you go to android, have fun opening 10 or so different apps for all the emails and social stuff you have.

I have the HTC M9 myself.
    06-05-15 01:16 PM
    As you seem to like BlackBerry, I'd wait for the Slider before you commit long-term to something else. You might regret it otherwise. I'm planning to use it as an "all-touch".

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.798
    Last edited by conite; 06-05-15 at 02:01 PM.
    06-05-15 01:28 PM
    Go with whatever will fit your needs and make you happier in the long run.
    06-05-15 01:36 PM
    Ignore your family, get what YOU want. You're the one who has to use it, not them.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 01:38 PM
    You don't need to buy a "more popular phone". You need only get a smartphone that will most easily provide what you want from a smartphone. Determine your must have needs, consider your "wants", followed by your "don't wants", and pick a device that most meets that criteria. Whether that device is a BB, Win, Android, or iOS device, it doesn't matter as long as it provides what you need and want. If it happens to be a popular device, so be it. If not, who really cares?

Penned via Tapatalk
    06-05-15 01:40 PM
    What is it do you really expect people to tell you ? About the device you should get ?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    acovey and Donvald like this.
    06-05-15 01:47 PM
    Jump

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 01:52 PM
    I agree with everyone else. You should get a phone that fits your needs. I went with an android because I needed Google services. Blackberry though is a great device and very easy to use and navigate.

Sent from my Note 4 using Tapatalk
    06-05-15 01:54 PM
    You shouldn't jump to Android, you should LEAP

See what I did there^

Posted via CB10
    Trini-34, lift, howarmat and 7 others like this.
    06-05-15 01:55 PM
    I tried switching to Android for two weeks with my Brothers old phone. (A Sony Z) when the M8 was released to see if I could make the switch. After the third day I was ready to give up. Android is a good os but it just doesn't have all the features I came to expect that BB10 has naively built into it such as toast notifications and hub. Sure there are apps that I downloaded that gave me a similar experience but did not work the way I wanted them to especially toast notifications BlackBerry got that feature right. Not to mention the virtual keyboard is leaps ahead of what Android offers. The M8 and now the newer M9 are beautifully built phones for sure but with Android I shall pass.

I did last the whole two weeks and really did give Android a try but it's not for me. I suggest to the op to borrow an Android phone and do the same to see if Android would be a match for them.

Loving my Passport!
    lift, John Villareal and thymaster like this.
    06-05-15 02:43 PM
    it really depends for what you use your phone... I would jump but not towards Android (why would you do such a thing when BB10 has 'full' support of Android apps)... but rather towards iPhone... but in the same time... now it is not a good time to switch ship as new models will come out "soon"...

By the same measure, I see that you are from BC... so why stick with the old and crapy Bell when you could switch to Telus for a way better experience?
    06-05-15 02:52 PM
    We cannot answer the question you are asking. You will have to figure that out on your own. But, what device do you currently have (BBOS7 or BB10)?
    06-05-15 03:03 PM
    If you're more app user than android much better native. If you're more phone, text, email then BB10 would be the way to go in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    idhbar likes this.
    06-05-15 03:18 PM
    Try a cheap android phone just for the experience and to see if it fits your needs. If you lock yourself into a contract with an android phone and realize it is not for you, then you are stuck for the length of the contract.
    06-05-15 03:26 PM
    Stay with BB. Now go ask the same question on Android Central and see what kind of replies you get.
    06-05-15 03:42 PM
    I have the same exact dilemma. Should I stay or should I go. My Q10 is in need of replacement, runs hot, lasts only a few hours on a charge and that's with a replacement battery, and reboots when it's handled too roughly. When I got it 2 years ago I wasn't in need of many apps that I now use on a regular basis. Almost all are Android and many are not fully functional. I don't have the time or patience to start sideloading apk's, google play, whatever, to possibly make them work better. Also, since G_d knows when At&t will release the 10.3 update I have no idea how they will work on a Passport. So I have researched and may go with an HTC M9, I'm sure it won't be perfect but neither is the Passport. I know I'll miss the Hub and some other features but unfortunately the world has moved on and there are just some must have apps that I can't be sure will run on 10.3. Besides, the Passport was released a year ago even though At&t didn't start selling it until February and it is still selling for the premium price it was released at. I'd rather wait for the "Slider" but with BBY's past record of releasing phones who knows when it may arrive? I'm sure there are others out there like us. Good luck to all and i guess we can always come back if we must.
    06-05-15 03:59 PM
    Hi my contract is up because of the new wireless code in Canada and I was wondering if I should stay with BB or jump ship to android. The thing is I don't know if BB will release an all touch flagship phone anytime soon, so I need help making my decision because my family is pushing me to get a "more" popular phone.

Can some one help me i am very confused?
    Yup

Posted via CB10
    to boldly go likes this.
    06-05-15 04:00 PM
    Get an Android. See ya.
    06-05-15 04:08 PM
    Stay with BB. Now go ask the same question on Android Central and see what kind of replies you get.
    In all seriousness, this should be the most helpful answer for you OP

Posted via CB10
    Mohsin Ashfaq likes this.
    06-05-15 04:24 PM
    Jump......no wait, don't jump!

Z30something
    06-05-15 04:41 PM
    ... so I need help making my decision because my family is pushing me to get a "more" popular phone.
    Stand out... do your own thing, and don't let people push you into directions you don't want to go...
    BlackBerry is popular... look at the members of the Crackberry community...

And you know... when you give in to your family.. they win and you loose..

Posted via my awesome Classic
    06-05-15 04:44 PM
    At the end of the day. its your decision. wait or get a jump ship. They always come back
    06-05-15 04:51 PM
    They already released the flagship all touch handset. The Z30.
    to boldly go likes this.
    06-05-15 04:56 PM
    I have the same exact dilemma. Should I stay or should I go. My Q10 is in need of replacement, runs hot, lasts only a few hours on a charge and that's with a replacement battery, and reboots when it's handled too roughly. When I got it 2 years ago I wasn't in need of many apps that I now use on a regular basis. Almost all are Android and many are not fully functional. I don't have the time or patience to start sideloading apk's, google play, whatever, to possibly make them work better. Also, since G_d knows when At&t will release the 10.3 update I have no idea how they will work on a Passport. So I have researched and may go with an HTC M9, I'm sure it won't be perfect but neither is the Passport. I know I'll miss the Hub and some other features but unfortunately the world has moved on and there are just some must have apps that I can't be sure will run on 10.3. Besides, the Passport was released a year ago even though At&t didn't start selling it until February and it is still selling for the premium price it was released at. I'd rather wait for the "Slider" but with BBY's past record of releasing phones who knows when it may arrive? I'm sure there are others out there like us. Good luck to all and i guess we can always come back if we must.
    Actually Passport was released in the fall. Won't hit that year mark for some months, so it's not that old.

Also is quite a beast.

But to each his own.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 05:09 PM
140 123 ...