my K1 seems to bring more frustration than joy. I thought I could adjust to the screen but my eyes aren't getting any better with age. That's not even the biggest annoyance though.

The speaker volume is just plain ridiculous. Just a bout any ambient noise keeps me from hearing phone calls and message notifications. I was showing my friends a skit from a Netflix stand-up and even at full volume we could barely hear it just 4 or 5 feet away. the microphone doesn't seem much better either. my wife is always telling me she can barely hear me on calls.

I really miss my Passport. oh if only.

looking at phones with wider screen in portrait mode, doesn't seem like a lot of options that won't cost a month's rent. the Asus Zenfone 6 seems promising though.
    Definitely look at the mid-tier Android offerings. I know @conite mentions Android One with the Nokia line I believe. I'm curious if Android One is the same as what Google uses on it's proprietary hardware. Of course, by now everyone knows I like the XR and the new base 11 as mid-tier iOS models.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-19 07:40 AM
    Definitely look at the mid-tier Android offerings. I know @conite mentions Android One with the Nokia line I believe. I'm curious if Android One is the same as what Google uses on it's proprietary hardware. Of course, by now everyone knows I like the XR and the new base 11 as mid-tier iOS models.

Posted via CB10
    Android One means all the software guts are the same as the Pixel, and updates don't require any added development from the respective OEMs.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    10-02-19 08:06 AM
    I thought you were smarter than that.
    10-23-19 08:20 AM
    Android One means all the software guts are the same as the Pixel, and updates don't require any added development from the respective OEMs.
    I meant to reply back then and just saw thread.

Does this mean that Android One allows OEM, in essence, to operate like a clone of Google proprietary hardware, from a software perspective, if not really making any OS changes? Other than hardware necessary OS changes, does this mean end users like myself see a more consistent experience across those OEM devices running Android One unlike where I see licensed Android Flagship brands now?
    10-23-19 08:46 AM

Does this mean that Android One allows OEM, in essence, to operate like a clone of Google proprietary hardware, from a software perspective, if not really making any OS changes? Other than hardware necessary OS changes, does this mean end users like myself see a more consistent experience across those OEM devices running Android One unlike where I see licensed Android Flagship brands now?
    Android One is essentially stock Android without all of the extra stuff added by most OEMs.

The Pixel uses stock Android, with a "Pixel Launcher" instead of the stock Launcher - which is pretty close anyway.
    10-23-19 09:01 AM

Android One is base Android + Google Apps and the manufacturer can't alter it - no skins, no bloat. It'll update as often as the Pixel version of Android.
    10-23-19 09:08 AM
    Android One is essentially stock Android without all of the extra stuff added by most OEMs.

The Pixel uses stock Android, with a "Pixel Launcher" instead of the stock Launcher - which is pretty close anyway.
    Android One is base Android + Google Apps and the manufacturer can't alter it - no skins, no bloat. It'll update as often as the Pixel version of Android.
    I appreciate the replies since I do miss BBAndroid for many things and regular Android wasn’t standardized when I purchased non-BBAndroid LG flagship before the PRIV was released.

I’m searching now for a comprehensive list of Android One devices. Thanks again...
    10-23-19 09:16 AM
    I appreciate the replies since I do miss BBAndroid for many things and regular Android wasn’t standardized when I purchased non-BBAndroid LG flagship before the PRIV was released.

I’m searching now for a comprehensive list of Android One devices. Thanks again...
    Nokia pretty much owns that segment at the moment.
    10-23-19 09:18 AM

Give OnePlus a spin if you're not 100% decided - Oxygen OS is really good.
    10-23-19 09:21 AM
    yeah OxyOS is really a great variant/skin. Very minimal but does add lots of great features that are not near the bloat that sammy and others have
    10-23-19 10:07 AM
    Make the transition smooth, carry both phones for few days, say 30. Then you will understand your preferences and decide which phone to pick up

Posted via CB10
    10-23-19 10:10 AM
    Hello , I'm debating whether to stay with BlackBerry, or go and purchase a galaxy s10 plus whay are your suggestions?
    Go with S10. Better in every aspects. Plus get dex support is a more plus.
    10-23-19 11:22 AM
    well i just got the Note 9 , and i installed the blackberry hub suite and I'm very pleased ......great phone though
    Welcome to the Noteberhood! I've run mine hard just over a year and it's still very smooth. No major maintenance, one scheduled reboot a week, while I'm sleeping. Love the screen for watching media content.
    10-23-19 02:47 PM
38 12