Heya! I had to get a new SIM card and putting all of my numbers into my first ever blackberry. I noticed that it dosent automaticaly put dashes in between area code and first 3 numbers. Does it make a difference?

Thanks.

PS - Sorry, I have been asking a lot of mundane questions on here lately, I just wanna get the best out of this blackberry experience, as I am really enjoying it ha.
    12-11-09 01:50 PM
    Nope, it doesn't make a difference at all, simply personal preference. I have mine all entered in with the parenthesis around the area code, and the dash... I'm anal tho...

And don't worry about the questions, that's what we're here for! Glad to help, and welcome to CB!
    12-11-09 01:53 PM
    I do the same as elvin. (xxx) yyy-zzzz This is also a product of syncing with Outlook. So I just start out that way. It makes it easier for me to read.
    12-11-09 02:04 PM
    Yes it personal preference i like the dashes cuz numbers are easier to read, i'm so blind it sucks.
    12-11-09 02:12 PM
    I use a . between the numbers. Like this: 555.555.1212

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-09 04:11 PM
    Nope, it doesn't make a difference at all, simply personal preference. I have mine all entered in with the parenthesis around the area code, and the dash... I'm anal tho...

And don't worry about the questions, that's what we're here for! Glad to help, and welcome to CB!
    Word... I can't stand people who's contacts are all messed up and not perfect. The ones that don't put in area codes are even worse when they travel and try to text someone... gee, you think it might not get to the right person or at all?
    12-11-09 04:13 PM
    Dcgore: I feel ya on that one. Myopia and astigmatism for me suck the big one

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-09 04:32 PM
    I have mine all entered in with the parenthesis around the area code, and the dash... I'm anal tho...
    Ok good, I thought I was the only one.
    12-11-09 05:42 PM
    I was on the phone with the text support for my call forwarding feature. Apparently if you enter the phone numbers using brackets, or dashes or spaces, your phone will have PROBLEMS, call forwarding to a number in your phone list. After a few tests, we have concluded call forwarding works with phone numbers with just the 10 digits ie; 4141234567 instead of 414 123-4567. In general, you can use any method of number system but the 10 digits straight is what i will use for myself. Does anyone agree?

fuji

Heya! I had to get a new SIM card and putting all of my numbers into my first ever blackberry. I noticed that it dosent automaticaly put dashes in between area code and first 3 numbers. Does it make a difference?

Thanks.

PS - Sorry, I have been asking a lot of mundane questions on here lately, I just wanna get the best out of this blackberry experience, as I am really enjoying it ha.
    Last edited by fujitsubo; 12-11-09 at 06:01 PM.
    12-11-09 05:59 PM
    Does anyone agree?
    I agree; it doesn't really matter. I'm a first-time BlackBerry user, and am glad that I don't have to put in any dashes or parenthesis when setting up all the contacts.
    12-11-09 06:21 PM
    Hello. I understand that the phone company does not care about parentheses, dashes, dots, etc. in the formatting for the phone number. My question is how can I add these if I want to my phone without typing them all in using my Blackberry (Storm 1)? I have them all set up correctly in my Outlook contacts (with parentheses around area code and a dash in the middle of the seven digit phone number). However, even after sync'ing the format on my Blackberry remains 10-digit numbers [########## rather than (###) ###-#### as I would like it]. Any suggestions?
    03-10-10 08:43 AM
    I dont have a BB yet but when I got my iPod touch I stayed up all night going through all my music updating the tags so they all had the same formats and all had the albums listed and everything and I think I stayed up til 5 a.m. doing that. Thank goodness I don't have a ton of contacts on my cell now and probably won't when I get my BB because I'd probably spend hours making them all formatted and the neat and all.
    03-10-10 09:07 AM
    Hey, when I fart, dogs bark!
    Last edited by MemphisMark; 03-10-10 at 03:12 PM.
    03-10-10 03:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD