I know this has been asked before many times but I just can't make up my mind.
    I've had the pearl for about a week and absolutely love it. After a day or so suretype really is quite natural to me and I the pearl in my horizontal belt case is almost not even there. Doesn't get in my way even with seatbelt on. I have small hands and do quite well with the keyboard even two thumbed.

All this said, the curve is not a whole lot bigger, has a better camera, bigger screen, and full qwerty + a standard sized headphone jack. (Local dealer has 8300 curve, so gps & wifi are not a factor...if they had 8330 with wifi that would probably tip the scales to the curve for sure.)

I think I would have been pleased with either one, but I'm just kind of afraid that I might return the pearl and then not like the size / feel of the curve as well. I've already worried the crap out of the folks at the cell phone store making my mind up on this one...I would hate to return it, then decide I preferred the pearl and have to do a third return.

Any opinions would be appreciated.

JW
    Last edited by jimw1956; 12-07-07 at 12:29 PM.
    12-07-07 12:20 PM
    Personally given the pearl or the curve I know I perfer the curve. Simply because of the keyboard and larger screen.
    12-07-07 03:37 PM
    JW--I've had my pearl for over a month and I've had buyers remorse about it a few times. Mostly because of the WOW factor the Curve seems to have.

I love the size of my Pearl--but would I be happier with a full qwerty? I use suretype and don't have issues at all with it.

I think I'll wait n' see and stick with my Pearl for now. I kind of think that I'm doing the "grass is greener" thing and the Pearl really is all I need.

I feel your pain.
    12-07-07 03:52 PM
    I did check out the pearl a few times and eventhough it is the smallest bb available I went with the curve because of the keyboard. It just depends on whether or not do you mind the little bigger size because of the qwerty keyboard. The pearl is actually that much smaller then the curve!

Charlie

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-07 01:41 AM
    no need to think about. TRADE!
    12-08-07 01:48 AM
    Kind of wierd but I have both. Curve for work and a Pearl for personal. Both are great and highly functional. For personal use, I prefer the size of the Pearl. As it's small, fits anywher, and makes a great phone.

Work wise, 3 prefer the Curve, larger screen, keyboard, and direct input for symbols or other non-standard text. You can do it on a Pearl but it takes a little more effort. Both are great devices and Suretype works well out of the box and better with time. So, it's basically personal preference and intended use.

Business and heavy use: Curve

Casual and moderate use: Pearl

Just my $0.02, good luck!

12-08-07 08:02 AM
    I originally owned a Treo 7oowx and decide to try a BB. I started with a Pearl and immediately traded up for a Curve.I think the BB Curve is the absolute best phone I have ever owned and wouldn't trade it for any other. BB Newbie

12-08-07 08:29 AM
    You might want to wait rim is planning on releasing 5 new blackberrys in 2008.

12-08-07 09:13 AM
    I would make a list of pros and cons for both, compare and sneak back to the store and see if you can try it out. Yeah tha sales guys will not like seeing you buy you gotta do what's best for you. If you end liking the curve, then go. If not, stay and be satisfied.

12-08-07 01:58 PM
    Look if I was you and I had a chance to "test drive" both I would and if you liked the pear better then you did! It is a good bit of chanage your spending why not be sure your happy?!?!?!
    12-08-07 02:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD