I just got my new Q10 in from amazon a few days ago and am really liking the phone. But with the recent announcement that BlackBerry is planning on selling itself before the end of the year I am worried about who will buy the company and if they will continue to support the hardware already sold. So I don't want to end up with a brick in a few month so should I return the phone and go with an android?
    09-04-13 08:21 PM
    return it. after the the news of speeding up selling off blackberry, no big name apps will be coming to bb10.now.

if it fullfill your needs with the apps that is out now, then keep it.
    09-04-13 08:30 PM
    If the phone does what you want/need it to do, there is no need to return it. Even if Blackberry goes away, your phone will continue to work. I would only return it if I wasn't happy with it.
    09-04-13 08:44 PM
    Mostly I use it for general web browsing and communication such as email and txt. I mainly got the phone for the durable build quality, micro sd card slot (most phones in the US don't come with this anymore), ease of one handed use, good battery life, and the physical keyboard is a real plus. And I guess I can sideload android apps if I need to. If I were to go with android I would likely have to settle (and I would be settling) I'd likely go with the Droid Maxx for the durability, battery life, and large internal storage (although it's not the same as having that micro sd card slot). What I don't like about it is that it is large and can't really be used one handed (at least not by me) and typing on glass hurts my hands.
    09-04-13 08:44 PM
    Mostly I use it for general web browsing and communication such as email and txt. I mainly got the phone for the durable build quality, micro sd card slot (most phones in the US don't come with this anymore), ease of one handed use, good battery life, and the physical keyboard is a real plus. And I guess I can sideload android apps if I need to. If I were to go with android I would likely have to settle (and I would be settling) I'd likely go with the Droid Maxx for the durability, battery life, and large internal storage (although it's not the same as having that micro sd card slot). What I don't like about it is that it is large and can't really be used one handed (at least not by me) and typing on glass hurts my hands.
    With what you posted here, I would keep it. If the ONLY reason you would get rid of it is because you're worried about Blackberry's future, I would keep it. This really is something only you can answer.
    CHIP72 and John Pawling like this.
    09-04-13 08:48 PM
    With what you posted here, I would keep it. If the ONLY reason you would get rid of it is because you're worried about Blackberry's future, I would keep it. This really is something only you can answer.
    I concur with Dougie.
    Dougie011 and John Pawling like this.
    09-04-13 08:55 PM
    That's what I was leaning towards anyway. I really like my Q10 and love the physical keyboard and just hate most of the other phone options. Either they are way to big, or just very poor hardware build quality. COUGH (Samsung)

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 08:58 PM
    Poor build quality is killing blackberry along with those apps no one uses except persons who own the #1 and #2 platform and u ask what u should do, blackberry is asking the same question

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    09-04-13 09:12 PM
    Keep it, best phone out there! Of course it will be supported, carriers can't just stop! They will be a software company if anything

Posted via CB10
    mnhockeycoach99 likes this.
    09-04-13 09:47 PM
    Poor build quality is killing blackberry along with those apps no one uses except persons who own the #1 and #2 platform and u ask what u should do, blackberry is asking the same question

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    I think it is the excellent marketing and cool gimmicks that Samsung has that keeps this brand alive. My daughter's Samsung Galaxy Tab is probably the last Samsung device we will be buying. She has had problems with it being laggy and rebooting. My husband has replaced his Samsung Galaxy 2 three times. Our Samsung Smart TV has been replaced and the second one is showing signs that it will start acting up. If you want innovation with the understanding that the device will need to be replaced in under two years, then Samsung is a viable product. Otherwise, you might want to consider other models. My daughter has the Huawei My touch and my son has a Huawei too. So far they have withstood active teen usage. My BlackBerrys have all been durable and dependable. I am not bashing Samsung, just stating our consumer experience with the brand. After spending thousands of dollars, we will think carefully before purchasing another Samsung product

Curve 8320, Bold 9780, Bold 9900, PB 64gb, Z10
    John Pawling likes this.
    09-04-13 09:48 PM
    What your phone does today, it will do tomorrow, next week, next month, and so on. The Z10 and Q10 aren't tied to BIS, so services like email, web, and other internet apps won't stop working. BBM is a big part of the BlackBerry experience, and won't be going away either.

The Q10 keyboard won't stop working (unless you step on it or something) just because the company changes management. If you like your phone, then there really isn't any reason to return it.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 10:04 PM
    Long live BB!

BB Z10 Rocks!
    09-04-13 10:07 PM
    It bogles my mind why ppl make a thread about if they should keep there phone or not!!

You don't need other people's opinion if you want to keep your phone lol. Its your decision..your the one that will be using it, not a person on this forum.. and frankly it's not a hard desicion to make.

Seriously OP..

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10 - 10.2.0.1047 OS
    SK122387 likes this.
    09-04-13 10:11 PM
    If your are content with the phone and it does everything you want it to do then keep it. Although the news gives an estimated time frame there is no certainty it will happen during that time period. A complete sale of Blackberry doesn't necessarily mean that the phones/brand will go extinct.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 10:12 PM
    Daimler-Benz bought Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep about 15 years ago.

All Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep cars and dealerships were on their own for the nine years they were owned by Daimler-Benz, just as they had been before. Driving by the dealerships, one would never know that ownership had changed. They kept making new cars and servicing their old ones.

(This is just an example. Of course, after Daimler-Benz sold Chrysler, Chrysler LLC went on to go bankrupt and get bailed out by the American government.)
    09-04-13 10:20 PM
    If you're happy with it and it satisfies your needs I say keep it. If you're unhappy with it and it's unable to do what you want get rid of that sucker.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 11:00 PM
    Or you could return it with the idea of buying it for really cheap in the future.
    09-04-13 11:39 PM
    I just got my new Q10 in from amazon a few days ago and am really liking the phone. But with the recent announcement that BlackBerry is planning on selling itself before the end of the year I am worried about who will buy the company and if they will continue to support the hardware already sold. So I don't want to end up with a brick in a few month so should I return the phone and go with an android?
    The Qued 10 will still work. Keep it.
    09-04-13 11:51 PM
    Absolutely keep it!
    It's an excellent phone and it's probably about one of the best qwerty/touch phones ever to be made - in my opinion.

Z10 via CB 10
    09-05-13 12:00 AM
    Huh... Wtf is up with these posts... I've seen this 3 times today... And why is it you need a forum to tell you what to do with your life and money...

Posted via CB10
    RafiqK and SK122387 like this.
    09-05-13 12:02 AM
    These threads are becoming ridiculous

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 12:20 AM
    These threads are becoming ridiculous

Posted via CB10
    IKR!!

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10 - 10.2.0.1047 OS
    09-05-13 12:27 AM