I have a bold and have been in ownership for 2-3months now but cant help but wonder as to wether or not i should have got an I-phone.. They just seem to have so much more available for them, and dare i say say it they also more advanced!!!!
    My girlfriend has the i-phone and she has downloaded all these cool apps for free,GAMES,,PHOTO EDITORS ect.. i try to compete with my bold but cant find anything on the same level!! think i made the wrong decision, any1 else feel the same way?
    12-17-08 05:43 PM
    Nope never. I can cut and paste. I don't have to face West and bow to Steve Jobs to get my phone to work. I have a lot more flexibility with my Curve.
    12-17-08 05:45 PM
    No. My friend did the switch from the bold to another phone and regrets it now. I'm happy with this phone and have no plans to switch it.
    12-17-08 05:45 PM
    While I don't share your view of the two phones, to answer whether
    you made the wrong decision...
    Yes. If you are looking for a phone that can do what the IPhone
    does, get an IPhone. If the Bold doesn't blow your hair back, ditch
    it and get what works for you. Simple as that.
    12-17-08 05:50 PM
    I hate those glorified iPod's
    12-17-08 05:50 PM
    well first off, you are asking BB enthusiasts whether u shoulda bought an iphone... My guess is, not many people are gunna be screaming " **** yes get an iphone ! Death to the BB..." Secondly, we dont know you, and this is probably a question you need to answer yourself.
    12-17-08 05:53 PM
    I hate those glorified iPod's

hahah exactly...the difference one can make phone calls lol
    12-17-08 05:59 PM
    Apart from their basic phone functions BlackBerry and iPhone have different design purpose.

BlackBerry is a top quality 'business class' phone which provides unique benefits as a communications device and organizer. The third party programs tend to be designed for this market sector because that is where the users were prepared to pay, and entertainment functions tend to be secondary. Third party toys are more limited because many users have traditionally been using company supplied phones (we pay you to work...) so there has been less incentive for the games developers.

iPhone has always targeted the own-phone end user and youth market, where games and entertainment have higher priority because most buyers are spending their own money. Business applications exist, but because of the Apple's restrictions on third party applications there is less incentive for third party developers to market top quality programs. This has tended to skew users and software availability towards free entertainment programs, often onward development of something originally created for personal use.

So the bottom line is - if you want a smartphone which will communicate and help organize your business life, go BlackBerry. If you want an iPod with phone and email ability, go iPhone.
    12-17-08 06:08 PM
    I see what you're saying. You see her with her iPhone and all those little games and it looks oh so cool. I work with a few guys that all they do is play games on their iPhone. If that's your thing, go for it or get a NDS or PSP. I guess I'm just too busy communicating with other people at a rapid rate, you know, with Blackberry messenger and picture messages. I have felt like you before, that the iPhone does seem so cool but then I think, wait, this is a phone. I need something to that can handle my communication needs quick, fast, and in a hurry and the iPhone simply can't do that among all of its other "flare".
    12-17-08 06:08 PM
    Strrange, we're all considering the iPhone as iPod-on-steroids. I guess there's logic behind the comparison because that's basically what iPhone becomes without the phone service.
    12-17-08 06:12 PM
    Easy answer.. Get the BB Storm. Best of both worlds imo.
    12-17-08 06:40 PM
    This is cool answers, but with the pearl BB targeted young and non business buyers. With that said shouldn't they be looking into game and media apps to suffice the rest of us BB users. The storm commercial even says "and you thought BlackBerry was only for business" that implys they are targeting more buyers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-08 06:52 PM
    Yes, you should have gotten an iPhone, based on the reasons for your disappointment. They're two completey different animals. IMO, there is no competition between the iPhone and the BB Bold. None.

You want a "oooh-ahhhh" phone. Nothing wrong with that. I'm getting an iTouch!
    12-17-08 06:56 PM
    hahah exactly...the difference one can make phone calls lol
    Not if you're @ my office, anything ATT gets zero bars while my curve manages to get 5-5 bars.
    12-17-08 08:20 PM
    I'm a bb fan, hands down. The iphone does look super hot, but wouldn't leave my bb for the world. Now for a steve job check, I'd think about it, lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-08 01:05 AM
    get your bb and an ipod touch...best of both worlds!
    12-18-08 01:18 AM
    whos steve job?
    12-18-08 03:44 AM
    CEO of apple i guess?
    12-18-08 03:45 AM
    whos steve job?

steve jobs is the pioneer of apple..

the person who Bill gates stole the technology from using the mouse in WINDOWS.. (theres alot of arguments of what actually happened)

basically one of the more known people to help create computers to begin with.
    12-18-08 05:02 AM
    I have a bold and have been in ownership for 2-3months now but cant help but wonder as to wether or not i should have got an I-phone.. They just seem to have so much more available for them, and dare i say say it they also more advanced!!!!
    My girlfriend has the i-phone and she has downloaded all these cool apps for free,GAMES,,PHOTO EDITORS ect.. i try to compete with my bold but cant find anything on the same level!! think i made the wrong decision, any1 else feel the same way?

ask her to send you a mms..
    12-18-08 05:03 AM
    ask her to send you a mms..
    That's mean
    12-18-08 06:49 AM
    I had the iphone 3g back in August myself...sure its a nice phone but i didnt like it. The touchscreen while nice just didnt do it for me and all those apps that you can download???..yeh some of them were pretty cool but on the whole a waste of time. Plus coupled with the fact that i couldnt get 3G even though my other phone had full 3G reception. Im pretty sure Apple released an update to rectify it.

My ex gf had one as well...bought hers at the same time i did and she couldnt stand it...just couldnt get used to it. But she sold hers on Ebay for �400 so that was a result for her. Whereas i just took mine back and cancelled my contract.

I have a Bold now and i seriously wouldnt consider anything but a BB phone/device now. The fact that i can mms and video record without having to download 3rd party apps is another reason why i wouldnt touch the iphone....plus i have the ipod touch for my mp3s.
    12-18-08 07:00 AM
    I agree 100%! I don't think the BB target market is the same as the iPhone's even though RIM is trying to narrow the gap!

The BB is and was always originally designed to be a Business application. No need to have stupid games and bla bla bla with this in mind!

Leave that crap (like the iPhone) for the people who want it!

lol

Apart from their basic phone functions BlackBerry and iPhone have different design purpose.

BlackBerry is a top quality 'business class' phone which provides unique benefits as a communications device and organizer. The third party programs tend to be designed for this market sector because that is where the users were prepared to pay, and entertainment functions tend to be secondary. Third party toys are more limited because many users have traditionally been using company supplied phones (we pay you to work...) so there has been less incentive for the games developers.

iPhone has always targeted the own-phone end user and youth market, where games and entertainment have higher priority because most buyers are spending their own money. Business applications exist, but because of the Apple's restrictions on third party applications there is less incentive for third party developers to market top quality programs. This has tended to skew users and software availability towards free entertainment programs, often onward development of something originally created for personal use.

So the bottom line is - if you want a smartphone which will communicate and help organize your business life, go BlackBerry. If you want an iPod with phone and email ability, go iPhone.
    12-18-08 10:40 AM
    I switched from an iPhone 3G to the Bold a couple months back and it's the best thing I ever did. The Bold is my first BlackBerry and in my opinion, the iPhone doesn't even come close. I feel the Bold is THE best mobile phone I've ever owned and can safely say I will stick with BlackBerry from hereon.

Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy my iPhone....for a while....but after a short period it became all too gimmicky for my liking and I got bored with it, not to mention that an almost daily reboot was necessary in order for push email to work.

I remember when I first got the iPhone I would try to convince myself "I don't care that it doesn't have MMS" or "I don't care that I can't send picture messages or even connect the bluetooth to anything other than a headset" but deep down I guess I DID CARE!!
    12-18-08 11:02 AM
    indeed. i think once you go berry, you never go back.
    12-18-08 02:28 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD