Hi guys! I'm not a Blackberry user. However I'm very interested on the Blackberry Motion so I want you to ask if I should trust on Blackberry hardware and software as a consumer and not a businessman. I knew that this company was on the top some years ago, but then started to sink and nowadays few people are still using BB Classic, Passport, etc. I'm currently a Windows Phone user, so I know the feeling of being abandoned so quickly. That's why I want to ask this question. I'm really worried paying so much money on a smartphone that would be discontinued and abandoned by the company. Hope to be helped. Thanks for your attention and have a nice night!

ONE MORE THING: Which canadian carrier is the best for someone who doesn't use a lot of data? (some messaging, facebook chat and calls)
    11-18-17 07:52 PM
    motion will be a good midrange android device
    11-18-17 07:54 PM
    Hi guys! I'm not a Blackberry user. However I'm very interested on the Blackberry Motion so I want you to ask if I should trust on Blackberry hardware and software as a consumer and not a businessman. I knew that this company was on the top some years ago, but then started to sink and nowadays few people are still using BB Classic, Passport, etc. I'm currently a Windows Phone user, so I know the feeling of being abandoned so quickly. That's why I want to ask this question. I'm really worried paying so much money on a smartphone that would be discontinued and abandoned by the company. Hope to be helped. Thanks for your attention and have a nice night!

ONE MORE THING: Which canadian carrier is the best for someone who doesn't use a lot of data? (some messaging, facebook chat and calls)
    I don't think you'll have to worry about the motion. It's already guaranteed to get a major android OS update and BlackBerry has been very good with monthly security patches. You will get a good life span out of it.
    Alexito Pro likes this.
    11-18-17 07:57 PM
    The Motion is running Android at the end of the day so it won't be as bad as BB10 or Windows Phone if the device is hypothetically abandoned tomorrow.

If you're a consumer the only thing you'd probably want to factor into the purchase is price. Are you planning on getting the device through a carrier plan?
    Bbnivende likes this.
    11-18-17 08:04 PM
    I'm planning to buy this one on Ebay and getting a sim card from the suggested carrier. Hope your response!
    11-18-17 08:34 PM
    I'm planning to buy this one on Ebay and getting a sim card from the suggested carrier. Hope your response!
    In that case I think Freedom would be your cheapest option for calling and a bit of data, I don't know if LTE will work on it though.
    11-18-17 08:43 PM
    Former WP fanboy here. Ya...the Motion looks good. The K1 has better build quality IMO but the Motion is nice too. If you're like you like giving the under dog a chance. I say take the leap. I did and I was pleasantly surprised by BB.
    11-22-17 09:24 PM
    If you do not use much data why buy a 600 dollar phone? Why not a used iPhone or cheap android?
    11-26-17 01:27 AM
    you'll be better off with a KEYone. best phone of the year.
    duncan86 likes this.
    11-27-17 01:43 AM

No one can tell you for sure how long either TCL or BlackBerry Ltd will be in the hardware business... Sales are an unknown, TCL's financials are an unknown, BlackBerry Ltd support is an unknown with so few devices coming from those three partners, support from carriers and retailers for future devices is an unknown (Motion was less than KEYone).

If you want some kinda of guarantee of long term support... you need to look at Samsung, Apple or Google.

That said Motion would be a very usable device for years, without another Android update. And there is a very good chance that it will get the promised Oreo update in the coming months. So even if BlackBerry Mobile and BlackBerry were to abandon it in six months... it's still a working Android device that will be compatible for years to come.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-27-17 08:00 AM
    The fact that BlackBerry has transitioned to Android has basically got them off the hook in a big way for 'support' since it isn't really their OS anymore. They should continue to push security updates for the next couple (at least) years to come but, even beyond that, the phone will be running the most recent iteration of Android so the apps and everything else should continue to work for quite some time. I don't see you facing the same sort of disappointing abandonment that you as a Windows phone owner, similar to us BB10 users, suffered. My wife is still using her trusty Samsung from several years ago running Android 4.4 and has not run into any apps getting dropped yet...

With Android, there are still quite a few people on much older OS versions, the developers are a bit more obligated to support these older devices (because they are still a significant share of the market) so you have plenty of runway with a brand new Android device.

Official reviews of the Motion should be coming in shortly and maybe they will help you make your decision once and for all.
    11-27-17 08:07 AM
    The fact that BlackBerry has transitioned to Android has basically got them off the hook in a big way for 'support' since it isn't really their OS anymore. They should continue to push security updates for the next couple (at least) years to come but, even beyond that, the phone will be running the most recent iteration of Android so the apps and everything else should continue to work for quite some time. I don't see you facing the same sort of disappointing abandonment that you as a Windows phone owner, similar to us BB10 users, suffered. My wife is still using her trusty Samsung from several years ago running Android 4.4 and has not run into any apps getting dropped yet...

With Android, there are still quite a few people on much older OS versions, the developers are a bit more obligated to support these older devices (because they are still a significant share of the market) so you have plenty of runway with a brand new Android device.

Official reviews of the Motion should be coming in shortly and maybe they will help you make your decision once and for all.
    Doesn't what you're saying confirm that something like a Passport is still usable for the years to come? As it's runtime is 4.3 I believe.
    11-30-17 06:17 AM
    Every person that says yes will get a neg story told to offset it.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    12-01-17 11:01 AM
    It depends on what you need. For what you posted, I think you would be fine. I love my classic. I use it for texts, emails, and phone calls.

My battery lasts for 36 hours and I can do everything from my phone for job.

Good luck! Let us know what you decide.

Sent from my  Classic
    12-01-17 01:04 PM

12-02-17 02:10 AM
    It depends on what you need. For what you posted, I think you would be fine. I love my classic. I use it for texts, emails, and phone calls.

My battery lasts for 36 hours and I can do everything from my phone for job.

Good luck! Let us know what you decide.

Sent from my  Classic
    I sold a classic that I had for not even week because I wasn't getting even close to that amount of hours of use. I was quite shocked at the terrible battery life it had, and that was with power saving mode and most connections off, on 10.3.2.2876. That being said, the phone had about 260 charge cycles, according to some battery app.
    12-02-17 11:23 AM
    I'm also windowsphone user.
    I think is better choose other android phone.If have to choose Blackberry,KeyOne would be better.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-08-17 04:22 AM
    QUOTE=Ahab

you'll be better off with a KEYone. best phone of the year.

... with Keyboard! :-D

•   Replacement Passport - New Phone feeling ... ;-))   •
    duncan86 likes this.
    12-08-17 04:28 AM
    Any quote is marked as spam now?

;-//

12-08-17 04:29 AM
    And can no longer attach photos using CB10?

Ouch... :-(

12-08-17 04:30 AM
    And can no longer attach photos using CB10?

Ouch... :-(

Yes, that's a big ouch, indeed. Really wish this could be fixed. Alas, there's no sympathy for us 'holdouts'...

BB10  I'll never let you go...
    12-13-17 07:26 AM
    Yes, that's a big ouch, indeed. Really wish this could be fixed. Alas, there's no sympathy for us 'holdouts'...

BB10  I'll never let you go...
    Still works if you use the website, although it looks cumbersome. I've never seen the point of an app for forums.

Edit: the attached images have nothing to do with this, I was playing with it and can't figure out how to remove them.
    Attached Thumbnails Should I give Blackberry a try?-vscreenshot_1409815782810.jpg   Should I give Blackberry a try?-vscreenshot_1409815850121.jpg  
    12-16-17 05:42 AM
    That's actually a really nice looking phone, if I could deal with the lack of keyboard.
    12-16-17 05:48 AM
    That's actually a really nice looking phone, if I could deal with the lack of keyboard.
    I the screen quality is the same as the K1 then no thanks for me. I think this K1 is going to be my last LCD phone. I'm more of an Amoled guy.
    12-16-17 12:11 PM
    I the screen quality is the same as the K1 then no thanks for me. I think this K1 is going to be my last LCD phone. I'm more of an Amoled guy.
    The Motion is using an LCD display but it isn't a Gorilla Glass screen like the Keyone. Depending on your issue, it might be different?
    12-16-17 04:09 PM
29 12