I currently have a Pearl 8110 on AT&T. It is coming time for me to upgrade, and I have it down to those two. Is the $50 more for the Pearl worth it, or is there anything I should know about them? Or is it more down to which phone style I would like?
    11-02-10 03:44 PM
    It pretty much rounds down to style, If you are going spec by spec they are almost the same except for the camera. The BlackBerry website says the 9100 has a 3.2mp and the 9300 has a 2.0mp.

If you are already using an 8110 the 9100 will be less of an adjustment due to the size of the phone and exisiting suretype technology.

its totally a personal and comfort decision.

head over to your local shop and try them both out and see which one feels better in your hands.
    11-02-10 04:10 PM
    as a 9300 carrier, I hate it,

I would try them both maybe you'll like it, but if I was an 8100 user a 9100 would probably be the right move
    11-02-10 04:23 PM
    Seeing as I think the Pearl is the best BB EVER I say go with the 9100

I'm waiting for mine. The 9800 will retire when it arrives.

Posted from my phone at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-10 04:47 PM
    Is the Pearl worth the extra $50, would you say?

EDIT: Also, deRusett, what is it about the 9300 that you do not like?
    Last edited by KevinKY; 11-02-10 at 05:22 PM.
    11-02-10 05:12 PM
    Is the Pearl worth the extra $50, would you say?

EDIT: Also, deRusett, what is it about the 9300 that you do not like?
    Yes!! The keyboard alone makes it worth it.
    11-02-10 05:46 PM
    Seeing as I think the Pearl is the best BB EVER I say go with the 9100

I'm waiting for mine. The 9800 will retire when it arrives.

Posted from my phone at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The Pearl is the best BB ever? I don't hear that too often.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-10 06:51 PM
    I had a Pearl for my first Berry. I really liked the smaller size and the SureType was great. When that finally died I was really worried I would dislike the full keyboard. I carried a BlackJack II for a short while before my 8110 and really hated it, hated it, hated it. So, I was definitely surprized when I got my 9700 with its full keyboard and bigger size. I do not really care for the keys themselves on the 9700 (better on the Curve series, I think) but having a full board and larger screen has been nice. I really thought long and hard about getting a Pearl when the new ones came out but find that I am really happy with the bigger device. Since you're on AT&T you should maybe get a Curve first and try it for the 30 day trial period they have (I think they do still, anyway) and if you find you don't care for it go back for the Pearl. I do miss the smaller device alot of times. Good luck and keep us posted with your decision and how it all works out.
    11-02-10 07:11 PM
    Yes!! The keyboard alone makes it worth it.
    I agree.......
    11-02-10 08:43 PM
    The Pearl is the best BB ever? I don't hear that too often.

ditto, but to each their own
    11-02-10 08:48 PM
    Me loves the Pearls keyboard. I think it nails it right on the head in both style and functionality. The curve 9300 seemed fairly solid when I used it at tmo, but personally I need more than a 2mp camera.

11-02-10 09:23 PM
    Thanks for all the input.
    At the moment I am leaning towards the Curve. I do not see the extra $50 as worth it, and if I wanted to take a lot of pictures I would buy myself a real camera.
    Is it a hard transition going from the Pearl keyboard to the Curve?
    11-03-10 12:33 PM
    No. You'll actually find it easy as there is a dedicated key for each character.

I still think the Pearl has the best keyboard of any BB device.
    11-03-10 12:47 PM
    Rack up one more Pearl SureType keyboard fan.

I came from a Curve, that was a very nice keyboard too. It took some relearning, but I have grown accustomed to the keyboard.

My BBM contacts love it too, they can count on a few amusing work choices SureType makes.
    11-03-10 12:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD