Hi there,
    I had the KEYone, and now the KEY2. The KEY2 is showing its age in terms of the finish on the keyboard, scratches etc. I know that TCL has stopped production of BlackBerry smartphones but I am, admittedly a die-hard BlackBerry user. But I also need to have a fairly up to date smartphone. Is it worth getting the key2 at this point in the game and hope to run it for 3 years by which time "hopefully" a new BlackBerry may be released from another manufacturer? Or should I upgrade to a completely different brand? I do not want to switch brands but I'm simply trying to balance my reference of BlackBerrys and my need for a modern and up to date phone. Is the key2 LE better than the key2? Thanks
    05-02-20 05:14 PM
    the LE is the cheaper model with lower specs and build quality.

the problem is the Key2 is pretty much EOL updates wise and I doubt BlackBerry is gonna make any more phones.

get a Titan
    Grungni likes this.
    05-02-20 05:21 PM
    I just switched from the KEYone to a KEY2 LE. I love this phone. The feel, the weight, but this Keyboard is on whole different level. Yeah I miss the capacitive PKB but this has been a treat. I was feeling bummed cause this might be my last BlackBerry. This keyboard had me quickly forgetting about EOL and got me enjoying life one keystroke at a time.

Now, I never owned the KEY2 and do not know that experience of the higher end specs. But until I can afford one and know, confidently, that it will work on VZW, I will enjoy these last two years.
    Paulelmar18 likes this.
    05-03-20 05:08 AM
    I just just picked a real nice Key2 limited Black edition for a friend and he loves the phone. I still have my Key2 and haven’t had any issues with the device and will probably end up using it until it dies.

If you can get a nice Key2 for a good price, I say go for it.
    05-03-20 06:22 AM
    I just just picked a real nice Key2 limited Black edition for a friend and he loves the phone. I still have my Key2 and haven’t had any issues with the device and will probably end up using it until it dies.

If you can get a nice Key2 for a good price, I say go for it.
    That's the trick, can't find any new ones for a good price, only ones at full or above full price because of supply and demand... I for one will not pay this much for an end of life product no matter how good the hardware... Bought a Unihertz Titan as I just have to have a PKB... If this doesn't matter so much to you I would buy a Samsung or Nokia phone noting where that phone lies in it's cycle of support (three years tops) against its retail cost. Other wise I would buy a new iPhone SE and rest easy for the next 5 years...
    MikeX74 likes this.
    05-03-20 06:38 AM
    I say No....Just based on this.

But I also need to have a fairly up to date smartphone. Is it worth getting and hope to run it for 3 years? Thanks
    05-03-20 11:36 AM
    I say No....Just based on this.
    Agreed!!!

BTW - tell Jeter thanks for renting out his place to Brady to live in

Posted via CB10
    05-10-20 11:17 AM
    Agreed!!!

BTW - tell Jeter thanks for renting out his place to Brady to live in

Posted via CB10
    Thanks!!!! I was trying to talking him out of it....But as he said "Its easy money." So Mo and I Have to find another place to hang out.
    05-10-20 11:35 AM