I have a Bold 9900 right now that I am content with. I had a Q10 on launch but the Q10 just felt like half of a Bold with out the convenience keys and track pad. I am not in need of a new phone but I would like to give BB10 and honest go again and see if its a real contender with the Classic. For my use... well I primarily use my mobile devices for light browsing, heavy emailing, moderate text and phone call use. I do NOT use it to stream movies, play games (except for brick breaker ) or get on to social media.

With the classic getting cheaper, I was thinking about getting a BB Classic... worth it or meh? Did anyone have one and switch back to a legacy device or a different BB10 device?
    10-04-16 12:00 AM
    Yes, get it.
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    10-04-16 01:01 AM
    If you're happy with a 9900, then you will love the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    10-04-16 01:02 AM
    I'd agree that the Classic is the natural upgrade path for anyone happy with the 9900. It'll also future-proof you a bit more too by moving you off an EOL'd OS.

And Classics are pretty cheap these days.

In your position, I'd buy one.
    bakron1 likes this.
    10-04-16 03:58 AM
    Go for the classic, it's a great device.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-16 07:08 AM
    They should have skipped the Q10 and gone right to the Classic. I went from the 9000 to the Q10 at launch. I loved typing on it, but selecting text was tough and I missed my native Kindle app.
    I did get used to it, and used it for over a year, but finally went to all touch. I got used to that, but was missing the keyboard.
    I just traded for a Classic. It is a beautiful phone and I'm sure you will love it. Once I get a case for it, it will have my primary number.
    Enjoy!!

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>Z30>Lumia950> BBClassic
    10-04-16 09:22 AM
    Thanks for answering my questions everyone. How would you guys comment on the keyboard, straight vs the bolds curved keys? More or less comfortable/natural feeling? Next questions is kind of out there and I'm sure the questions I am asking have already been answered somewhere but can anyone comment on the secureness/security of BB10/QNX vs legacy devices running OS7? Better or not or maybe doesnt matter? I am not a huge security nut but you just never know nowadays.
    10-04-16 09:49 AM
    Oh one more question... when buying a Classic USED do I have to make sure the PIN is released? Are there still PINs unique to new blackberries?
    10-04-16 09:58 AM
    I think it will be a good choice for you. The mobile frequencies will be a better match with towers going forward and thr browser will function better. It will probably be a wash for emails and texts.

You may want to see if you can find and try out a Passport before you buy.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-16 10:10 AM
    Thanks for answering my questions everyone. How would you guys comment on the keyboard, straight vs the bolds curved keys? More or less comfortable/natural feeling? Next questions is kind of out there and I'm sure the questions I am asking have already been answered somewhere but can anyone comment on the secureness/security of BB10/QNX vs legacy devices running OS7? Better or not or maybe doesnt matter? I am not a huge security nut but you just never know nowadays.

Oh one more question... when buying a Classic USED do I have to make sure the PIN is released? Are there still PINs unique to new blackberries?
    10-04-16 01:17 PM
    Every single BB has its own unique PIN. But that's not gonna be the thing you need to worry about when it comes to used BB10. It's the BlackBerry Protect. Make sure the device has been removed from the BB Protect account of the previous owner, so you could insert your own BB ID. Otherwise, it'd be locked and you won't be able to access BB World, or any other thing that requires your BB ID.
    10-04-16 01:40 PM
    Okay perfect! thanks for the reply.
    10-04-16 01:41 PM
    If that's all you want to do on a device, your 9900 is probably the best experience you can have. I am doing all of the above plus heavy social media, blogging and even Instagram.

I suggest reading the most recent post by idssteve in the Resurgance thread under the 9900 section and he really gets into the advantages of the 9900 over the Classic (of which I am sure is still a fine device)

Buy a couple spare batteries and keep on Truckin'

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-04-16 08:37 PM
    I definitely hear ya. I love my Bold. I will NEVER get rid of it!!! That being said, I really just want to give something "new" a try. My 9900 is great and will always be.

Does anyone know... has threaded/group text messages been fixed on BB10 with the classic? I've heard of some users not having full group text functionality (keeping it all messages in the same group message) like you would find on android and iOS.
    10-04-16 10:24 PM
    I have a lot of phones. And one I can't seem to let go of is the classic. I too got the q10 at launch. And I also feel it was half baked. The classic is what the q10 should have been. If you aren't into heavy social media the classic will be great for you. The battery is great, screen is nice and bright. And I actually like the layout and feel of the keys on the classic over the 9900. After I got the classic I didn't find myself needing to reach back to my 9900 at all anymore.

Posted via my old faithful Z10
    10-04-16 10:53 PM
    I have a lot of phones. And one I can't seem to let go of is the classic. I too got the q10 at launch. And I also feel it was half baked. The classic is what the q10 should have been. If you aren't into heavy social media the classic will be great for you. The battery is great, screen is nice and bright. And I actually like the layout and feel of the keys on the classic over the 9900. After I got the classic I didn't find myself needing to reach back to my 9900 at all anymore.

Thats great to hear! I already ordered mine and I am super excited. Do you know if your group texts are all threaded when sending out and receiving group text messages?
    10-04-16 10:57 PM
    I too got the q10 at launch. And I also feel it was half baked. The classic is what the q10 should have been.
    Posted via my old faithful Z10.
    I would have much preferred a Q10 with a toolbelt. But it's still not 'half-baked' to me. Powerful battery, powerful browsing capbilities, and compact size make it my Winner always for being my 'phone-phone' with the simcard.

Classic is wonderful, but so big and heavy for a pocket phone when compared to the Q10 as the alternative.

For Just One Phone for Everything? OK, the classic is the Winner.
    lee_michael_f92 likes this.
    10-05-16 02:18 PM
    The Classic is a nice progression from the 9900...you'll really enjoy it.
    10-05-16 02:50 PM
    I would have much preferred a Q10 with a toolbelt. But it's still not 'half-baked' to me. Powerful battery, powerful browsing capbilities, and compact size make it my Winner always for being my 'phone-phone' with the simcard.

Classic is wonderful, but so big and heavy for a pocket phone when compared to the Q10 as the alternative.

For Just One Phone for Everything? OK, the classic is the Winner.
    I guess half baked was a little harsh. I too loved my q10. I even liked how easy it was to fix.... but coming from a 9900 I was hoping to have that seamless transition. And boy did I miss the back button. Lol swiping is okay but when you have all these physical keys the track pad and tool belt just make it so much more complete.

10-05-16 07:16 PM
    And if BlackBerry ever released a half baked device it was the original BlackBerry storm....(I absolutely loved mine) . It didn't even have wifi..... lol what's that clickin noise??

Via the Classy Classic
    10-05-16 07:18 PM
    I guess half baked was a little harsh. I too loved my q10. I even liked how easy it was to fix.... but coming from a 9900 I was hoping to have that seamless transition. And boy did I miss the back button. Lol swiping is okay but when you have all these physical keys the track pad and tool belt just make it so much more complete.

Haha I know it sounds harsh but I honestly feel like RIM was trying to answer legacy OS users, that wanted a keyboard, with the Q10 "trying" to be a Bold without the conveniences of the the tool belt. For me it was a great BB10 device; however it wasn't a Bold killer for me. Hence why I switched back to my 9900 after a while.
    10-05-16 07:20 PM
    F yeah- Classic is phenomenal if what it does meets your needs and you appreciate the best PKB made to date. Trackpad and toolbelt are quite handy as well.

Via the Cobalt Classic
    10-05-16 07:34 PM
    Glad to see someone still considering a BlackBerry 10 device in 2016.
    10-05-16 08:45 PM
    Short answer, get it. Long answer, get it.

Emperor of Texas & California.
    10-05-16 08:52 PM
    I just bought this today, I own a BlackBerry PRIV, but I wanted that Classic form factor, the keyboard on the Classic is better than the priv

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails Should I get a Classic?-6727.jpg  
    10-05-16 08:56 PM
43 12