I mean, for me blackberry is the way to go.

And ive been thinking about the 9900, best blackberry to date. but i dont know whether to get it or not.

note that I am a iPhone hater.

just a couple of issues.

I have read about 50 to 60 topics about their phones bricking. and that NOTHING will resolve it.

I mean, wtf. if your gunna make a phone, make it properly.

also, battery life is ..... horrific.

even with the top 10 tips from crackberry, it still only lasts about 8 hours.

so, can anyone help me?
    02-10-12 12:04 PM

And ive been thinking about the 9900, best blackberry to date. but i dont know whether to get it or not.

just a couple of issues.

I have read about 50 to 60 topics about their phones bricking. and that NOTHING will resolve it.

so, can anyone help me?
    That's a minority. You're apparently missing the posts about it being a great device. My 9930 goes easily all day on a single overnight charge. Also a number of those "bricks" aren't true bricks - merely a nuked device. Plus there's evidence to support that some of those were user error.

The 99xx is a great device. If it's your fit for a smartphone you won't go wrong.
    02-10-12 12:27 PM
    That's a minority. You're apparently missing the posts about it being a great device. My 9930 goes easily all day on a single overnight charge. Also a number of those "bricks" aren't true bricks - merely a nuked device. Plus there's evidence to support that some of those were user error.

The 99xx is a great device. If it's your fit for a smartphone you won't go wrong.
    yeah i know, ive watched and read alot of reviews. my friend has one him self.

i really need an upgrade from my OLD nokia.

oh btw, can someone give me a download link for 7.0.0.540 OS?
    02-10-12 12:31 PM
    I've had a 9930 since September...love it. I am not a hater of any platform, I just think bb has hit it out of the park with the new bold (at least the one I have).
    Morty2264 and shemaree09 like this.
    02-10-12 01:00 PM
    If its what you want, get it. Just when near a laptop plug it in, that helps keep the battery up.
    02-10-12 01:00 PM
    well since you don't have the 9900 yet you can't argue about the battery life yet.
    it's the users experience, i have been using my berry since september 14th.
    and it's still going strong, i'm still on .585/.540hybrid, and it works out good for me.
    lately i feel the battery life is even better.
    i know it's good to read everything and stay updated, but don't feel too concerned about,
    everything you just read. it would make it even harder sometimes for you.
    02-10-12 01:05 PM
    i am on the 9860, software is perfect for me. as to battery, i can make it run out in under 4 hours, but i can also push it to 10~12
    02-10-12 01:37 PM
    Mine lasts about a day and half. I use it mainly for BBM, Twitter, SMS & the odd quick call. I think the battery for this type of device is pretty amazing.
    02-10-12 02:14 PM

just a couple of issues.

so, can anyone help me?
    You can also go on an iphone site and see all the problems they have with their phones... Go with the 9900, just as fast as iphone 4 and best keyboard..
    02-10-12 04:37 PM
    The only way an iPhone bricks is due to user error / jailbroken devices - I have had more bb's brick then I've EVER had any iPhone I've had brick
    02-10-12 04:44 PM
    9900, No bricking and battery lasts almost two days. Update to the latest firmware and uninstall unneeded apps.
    02-10-12 06:43 PM
    The bricking issues have been fixed in the later updates. I'm not too sure about battery life. But majority of the people get a days use out of it. Just check the battery review on Crackberry. Under heavy use. Its lasted them throughout the whole day.
    02-10-12 08:34 PM
    with thorsten as head honcho i am more confident with the berry brand

go ahead and get a berry. i recommend the torch 9810 over the 9900. reasons...

torch 9810 has
    autofocus camera
    less prone to bricking
    costs much less
    02-11-12 11:05 AM
    I get a day and a half out of my 9900 fairly regularily. I can run it down in 8 hours if I use it hard. I understand that RIM would like to have a 3 day gold standard, and this doesn't match that by any means, but I challenge you to get a Nexus to last 8 hours, or an iPhone more than 18. Its unheard of. BB users expect better (and should get it) but seem easily disappointed and will get vocal when their phones do as bad as the competition.
    02-11-12 11:36 AM
    I agree with the poster who stated that iPhones also have their own, unique set of issues as well as the BlackBerry. I've had a BlackBerry since June and love it. The keyboard is great and I enjoy how user friendly it is. I don't have the 99xx that you are wanting; but I've heard good things about it. It's good to be well-informed of your options - but go for the phone you want. If you want a BlackBerry, go to your carrier's kiosk or store and ask for their recommendations based on the kind of things you want to do. Good luck!
    02-11-12 01:07 PM
    My sister has had the 9900 since it came to Bell, she's never had any issues with it. She came from a Bold 9700 and she says it's not as good as her old Bold in the battery department but she plugs it in when she goes to bed and never has issues with it draining before the days over. As far as problems, every phone had problems no matter whose logo is on it. Research the phones your interested in and decide which problems you can deal with.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    02-11-12 01:34 PM
    have been on 9900 for a couple of months now. no issues with bricking or whatsoever. for my usage it can last me a day easily. i've charged the phone overnight, run it down to 0%, loaded leaked OS more times that i can count. still the device works perfectly.

with regards to the bricking issue, if you get it, you can always go and exchange a new phone. it is not as if RIM is refusing to honour the warranty. Most products have certain issues with them, even Apple is not immune. I have an iphone with dead wi-fi and apparently that was pretty common too. I have a macbook pro with faulty graphic cards and that was a pretty common issue too, so much so that apple issued a statement and extended warranty for that particular batch of macbook pros with faulty graphic cards. i have a macbook with hardisk failure issues that was so widespread that apple issued a statement as well to replace the harddisk of affected models, even after the standard 1 year warranty expires. It no big deal. This is a forum where people come to ask question if they have issues with their blackberry, hence the amount of bricking post. I am certain no one comes to a forum to start a post about their phone working normally. Though it would be nice if RIM could break their silence on what's causing the phones to brick to give everyone a peace of mind.

Just do a proper research before you commit to any phone.
    02-11-12 03:12 PM
    Just do a proper research before you commit to any phone.
    Could be the most sage advice of our present day
    Well said.
    02-11-12 03:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD