Hi,

I am pretty new to this forum, done several research on BB reviews, read all the pros and cons, tried out the handset etc but nothing can be more convincing than to hear the BB experiences frm users.

intro: i am a nokia fans for past decade and my current handset is the n95 8gb... camera superb, os very user-friendly, web browsing was on the down side and mastered the numerical pad way of texting .. I waited to upgrade my n95 to a better phone but i reali hate touchscreens, therefore the n97 and iphone were out, and in the nokia line, all the n-series looks and functions the same... iphone to me is more like a toy and makes me feel like an old man trying to be hipped (imho).

Would like to knw whether a nokia guy can handle a BB phone? i try the BOLD and i love the feel of it. the build and the size is second to none and now its the user-friendlyness of RIM OS i worried of. Sorry for being long-winded, just wanna be cautious..
    08-02-09 10:53 PM
    Everyone can handle a BB. I would def be ready to learn though. BB's are pretty different and learning the short cuts and how to move about the phone can be crucial in how much you get out of the phone. I would say it takes some time to really learn everything but once you do it will be the best phone you ever had. And by time I mean like a week... not 6 months.
    08-02-09 11:00 PM
    wow... how u manage to reply that promptly?? juz jokin...

to BB or not to BB, thats the qns being stuck in my mind over the past few weeks... if Nokia were to improve their designs, app store and OS. I might stick with them.. mayb its a 'sign'.. even my wife got fedup "hey man, be BOLD..."
    08-02-09 11:09 PM
    I progressed to a BOLD and have not regretted it since I purchased it on Nov. 3rd. You will have no problems adjusting to it and all the help you can stand.
    08-02-09 11:11 PM
    You're asking this question in a blackberry forum?lol....what do you think ?hehe...but seriously...I don't think you will regret getting aberry.....I love my tour and had 4 different berries before this and its keeps getting better al the time

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 11:16 PM
    Yes! Best phone I've ever had. If you hate touch screen like I do stick with the Curve, Bold, or Tour depending on your needs.
    08-02-09 11:19 PM
    I too dont like touch screens and i have went from a windows mobile phone to my BB bold and I can say that I could not be happier. The windows mobile OS is much, much more complicated than blackberry, and I can easily say that you will not be disappointed.
    08-02-09 11:28 PM
    You're asking this question in a blackberry forum?lol....what do you think ?hehe...but seriously...I don't think you will regret getting aberry.....I love my tour and had 4 different berries before this and its keeps getting better al the time

hmm, jus wanna gather more experiences frm current BB users that were using other phone brands (nokia esp.) before..
    08-02-09 11:32 PM
    I've gone from Nokia's to HTC to a Berry now, and I already know my next phone will be a Berry again. The OS, as you mentioned, was the biggest issue to get used to, but it's an easy OS to learn, and I think I had 80% of the basics figured out within the first day. The rest you discover as you play and read great forums like this one.
    08-02-09 11:37 PM
    Yes get a BB!
    08-02-09 11:39 PM
    Definitely get it if you want it and I'm sure you'll love it,they're great phones. Just read up on the different features and the carriers first so you pick the best match for your needs and wants! CB is a perfect place for that. Welcome and enjoy!

08-02-09 11:48 PM
    yes, you should also send me money since you're looking for suggestions
    08-02-09 11:49 PM
    i read that BB phones cant do vibrate+ring at the same time??
    08-03-09 01:40 AM
    i read that BB phones cant do vibrate+ring at the same time??
    BuzzMe is a free app that allows you to do so. Personally I choose BerryBuzz as it allows me to customize my LED to certain alerts.

As for OP, I was a LG guy with my previous three phones having been a Voyager, a enV, and a V. Decided to make the jump to a BlackBerry and will never use anything else.

The VZW rep told me it takes two weeks to get used to the OS if you've never done it before, but I can honestly say I had it down within three days. As long as you commit yourself to learning the OS it's such a breeze and a pleasure to work with a BlackBerry.

Highly recommended.
    08-03-09 02:07 AM
    tks Sawedust...

glad to knw so many die-hard BB fans..
    08-03-09 02:19 AM
    tks Sawedust...

glad to knw so many die-hard BB fans..
    No problem. Forgot to mention CrackBerry's own BB101, that helped me get used to the phone a lot quicker than if I had just messed around with things myself. You've probably encountered it already but when you decide to get your BB Bold re-take a look at BB101.

Good luck!
    08-03-09 02:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD