Do what will work for you. Android should be out of the question. I'm toning down on everything Google - G+, Gmail, even search. Now that they've integrated YouTube comments with G+, that will have to go as well. My wife uses Android, and I know her horror story. I don't need to be tied up with the whole universe to be relevant

The iPhone is good, but as for me I'm going for the Z10. I need a phone that does the job, is relatively secure, is business-friendly and, above all, fits and can be operated with one hand!

BB OS7 user
    11-10-13 08:32 AM
    Getting apps isn't a problem now if you know what you're doing
    ^^^Typical BB owner^^^ Jump through hoops for a company who doesn't listen to it's customers.

Have fun "side loading" or whatever the heck that process is. Me, I'll continue to be able to download any app I want, and have it up and running while waiting in a drive through line for a coffee...
    amjass12 and bbq10l like this.
    11-10-13 09:34 AM
    My point being there is a reason apple and android r dominating the smartphone market. Are u really saying the majority would swap an iPhone 5 for an unknown ( to the average consumer) z30... is that really what ur saying.. I'm simply pointing out the obvious. mos tpeople would not swap out an iPhone for a bb..swap BlackBerry for Android and people might consider the swap.

Posted via CB10
    That's not what you originally said. You said and I quote "you couldn't pay most people" to switch. That is different then what you are claiming now.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 01:07 PM
    It's all subjective and that is why we need to look at the aggregate sales numbers to determine who is king. Clue: not z30
    In other words, you only buy what is best selling, not what's right for you?

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 01:09 PM
    That's not what you originally said. You said and I quote "you couldn't pay most people" to switch. That is different then what you are claiming now.

Posted via CB10
    Ok.. fair point.. but ur point about it being subjective is still moot. Cos I guarantee u couldn't pay half the smartphone work to swap

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 02:15 PM
    Okay so at a certain point in my life I was a blackberry addict, up till mid 2011 I switched to iPhones. The thing that made me switch to iPhone was the crazy lag and freezes that I had in my blackberry (9700, torch, 9780, 9900). Not to mention the no/low applications for blackberry.

Anyhow, I love my iPhone and I recently upgraded from a 5 to 5s (a month ago). My brother had a Q10 that he wasn't using so i thought might as well try it out as bbm was launched and everyone was using bbm; but true bbm experience is best in a blackberry device. I've been using it for three weeks now and wow am I surprised! specially with the ability to leave my laptop at home open and can access my files from my device!

Here's the thing, would I be an ***** for trading my iPhone 5s for the z30???? I get it the company is dying w.e buyers may buy it or it can just go down and closes... But to be honest with the whole NSA thing I feel like blackberry is the most secure device? correct me if i'm wrong. I've heard that iPhones suck at this BIG TIME though!!!

Any comments? I'm doubting if I should get it or not. I guess all i need is a push (Y)?

Whats wrong with the Iphone 5S? People die daily for that phone. Keep it.
    11-10-13 03:18 PM
    Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, get a z30 today

Posted Via Q10 Super Phone
    11-10-13 03:21 PM
    ^^^Typical BB owner^^^ Jump through hoops for a company who doesn't listen to it's customers.

Have fun "side loading" or whatever the heck that process is. Me, I'll continue to be able to download any app I want, and have it up and running while waiting in a drive through line for a coffee...
    actually its not hoops when it takes 30 seconds and is super ez

I'd say you are a typical iphone uneducated tech person who has problems printing on networks. lol
    habs_fan and Julian Fera like this.
    11-10-13 03:21 PM
    Keep the iphone and buy the BlackBerry.
    Otherwise just keep the iphone

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 04:03 PM
    Ok.. fair point.. but ur point about it being subjective is still moot. Cos I guarantee u couldn't pay half the smartphone work to swap

Posted via CB10
    I'll take you up on that. let's see the video proof. and we'll make it $5000 per swap. your bank roll because it's your guarantee.
    11-10-13 05:35 PM
    Indeed you should!

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30.
    11-11-13 01:47 AM
    I have a sim free iPhone 5s all boxed as new. I will gladly swap for a BB Z30 sim free as new. Anyone in the Midlands interested !

Iphone are bloody useless. 9 out of 10 people i know have downloaded BBM to chat with old mates. BlackBerry Limited (formerly known as Research In Motion Limited (RIM)). Messages sent via BlackBerry Messenger are sent over the Internet and use the BlackBerry PIN system, so communication was only possible between BlackBerry devices until 2013. There are 70 million BBM users worldwide and BlackBerry infrastructure handled 30 petabytes of data traffic each month by early 2013 why buy an iPhone or Android unit to just download the bbm app.. Why not go with reliability and have a Blackberry. They make 10 of the iPhone and the battery is better too. More secure. People ran from bb because there main server died for 3 days this isn't even run by blackberry another shock to all you know it alls.. Blackberry the BBM system was registered in 1944 in Canada...So if there such a bad company and dont know what they are doing they have certainly made there mark over the years. Lets face it all networks can have issues. Just this wasn't a network error it was bb's main server. Its the first time its failed in donkeys years. Blackberry is still the most used business phone, Textuality was a movie made around the Blackberry Smart device. it wasn't designed for facebook freeks. Its a work tool.. Kids slandered the phones and brought there sales right down not understanding that all those who ran to another device had the same problems later on with network issues so they all started crying again.. Blackberry have launched some great phones with the new BB10 os and with it being from the start a multi app compliant handset and os. its strong and dont crash when more than 2 apps are running together. It doesnt eat your battery like the other phones do. Its never been hacked cracked or needed too.. Safe fast sms via bbm instant messaging as been around for along time. Its took till 2012 for iPhone iMessage to steal there idea . So many knackered iPhones and android phones on eBay.. you don't see as many blackberry phones... So that should tell you from the start. Stick with Blackberry.. Bring them back.. They can only get better.
    Just because you use your android or ios device for Facebook and twitter.. Geez there so much more to life without social media.

what happened to making calls.. ? did it matter who's name was on the handset then. Nokia, Motorola, Ericsson, Mobira, siemens, Oki., Panasonic, NEC, Blackberry.. yep blackberry was around then..
    habs_fan likes this.
    01-01-14 07:33 AM
    If you want to get a Z30 JUST for BBM (which is what it seems in the original post), that sounds crazy. But if there are other reasons that you would prefer a Z30 like better battery life, form factor, whatever, then that wouldn't be crazy.
    01-01-14 08:14 AM
    I'm extremely happy with my Z30, I was considering the new iPhone before I purchased the Z30, went to the Apple store and picked it up in my hands and that's when I new it was not for me. It was small, the screen was small and full of icons, just seemed wrong, can't explain it very well, Apple needs to evolve thus thing I thought.

Posted using my beloved Z30
    01-01-14 08:23 AM
89 ... 234