Should have sold my stock when I had the chance to make some good profit. The stock is back down and may continue dropping.
    BlackBerry has been fooling us, specially with the PlayBook. I have been reading around the forums and even the BlackBerry diehards are doubting BlackBerry now.
    The marketing strategy has not been good at all. No one I talk to knows that BlackBerry has new devices or that they are coming out with new devices. This 'move' strategy marketing system they have does not reach anyone.
    I really had hoped for a comeback but it is looking farther and farther away. Right now I'm hoping for a buyout.
    Btw, I hate that Apple stole the swipe up to close apps from BlackBerry. I know random but needed to be said.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 09:01 AM
    My rant:

The refresh cycle for phones is typically two years, BlackBerry will be around until at least everyone who has bought a Z or Q can switch over to an android, apple, or WP.

In the interim I wonder who would make an app for 2.7 million people (or whatever the number was)?
    06-29-13 09:07 AM
    The number could actually be less even as their are deliverence to carriers and not sell through
    nyplaya610 likes this.
    06-29-13 09:11 AM
    The bb10 phones are amazing. I played around with a gs4 and that phone too is amazing, in its own ways. I really don't see many people leaving it to come to BlackBerry. The lack of major app(instagram, terminal for devs, Netflix and all news apps lol) support also will hinder people from switching devices.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 09:24 AM
    Btw, I hate that Apple stole the swipe up to close apps from BlackBerry. I know random but needed to be said.
    Apple didn't steal that from Blackberry, they (and Blackberry) stole it from Palm.
    06-29-13 12:57 PM
    Apple didn't steal that from Blackberry, they (and Blackberry) stole it from Palm.
    Good point lol

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 12:57 PM
    BlackBerry isn't only a phone company. They have great software and also own QNX.

Yes the numbers of phones sold was lower than expected, but that is not the complete value of BlackBerry.

Worst case scenario: They don't make devices and they decide to only license software.
    Worst Worst Case: they completely liquidate their company. (which will never happeb).

In either of those scenarios, the stock is very undervalued at this point. BlackBerry is a long stock position unless you were buying puts or selling calls in the market.

Hold on to it for the long run, and you won't be disappointed.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 01:20 PM
    BlackBerry isn't only a phone company. They have great software and also own QNX.

Yes the numbers of phones sold was lower than expected, but that is not the complete value of BlackBerry.

Worst case scenario: They don't make devices and they decide to only license software.
    Worst Worst Case: they completely liquidate their company. (which will never happeb).

In either of those scenarios, the stock is very undervalued at this point. BlackBerry is a long stock position unless you were buying puts or selling calls in the market.

Posted via CB10
    Who is going to use their software?
    Suhailone likes this.
    06-29-13 01:26 PM
    Maybe not in its entirety or in it's current format...but you don't think people will want to use what QNX can offer. And/Or the amazing portions of the BB10 experience to be cherry picked for other phones...

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 01:45 PM
    The bb10 phones are amazing. I played around with a gs4 and that phone too is amazing, in its own ways. I really don't see many people leaving it to come to BlackBerry. The lack of major app(instagram, terminal for devs, Netflix and all news apps lol) support also will hinder people from switching devices. Posted via CB10
    Agree entirely. BB can scream, shout and sing that BB10 is the bestest OS ever to walk the face of the earth and they could even be right (I would staunchly disagree since BB10 is far from great but they could even be right). The problem they are now facing is that so few people care how good BB10 is since there are better, stronger alternatives. The cherry on the sundae is that BBRY is now saying that they will launch a new flagship BB7 device this year (I'll believe it when I see it)...so they're not really serious about BB10 nor are they serious about BB7...they're basically punching around in the dark, eyes closed, hitting in all directions, hoping against hope they'll hit something, anything, just so they can survive.
    06-29-13 01:51 PM
    Maybe not in its entirety or in it's current format...but you don't think people will want to use what QNX can offer. And/Or the amazing portions of the BB10 experience to be cherry picked for other phones...

Posted via CB10
    I don't know. I like where they were going and what they were doing but it still seems to be kind of buggy and BBRY seems to be having a difficult time remedying that. Do you think anyone else will do any better? Would they allow just pieces to be torn out? Can just pieces be used?
    06-29-13 01:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    I know they have QNX and that is the only reason I bought stocks, not because of the phones.

You say in the Long run? How long is long run? Can you elaborate a bit on why it will do well in the long run? Maybe include some links to back that claim?

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 12:17 PM