View Poll Results: Should Crackberry become an Android Central sub Forum?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 22.22%
  • No

14 77.78%
    Some of us may be Android users now...but we are BlackBerry Android users dammit. And we are still the best. How's that for elitism? Ha ha.
    Im posting from a LG G5 (normally from my passport) but I don't think the two communities should ever merge . AC might have more readers but we have the most involved intense community long live the king. CB
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-04-17 05:54 PM
    AC BlackBerry Android forum is a dead zone. Posts go up and get few replies.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-17 10:10 PM
    AC BlackBerry Android forum is a dead zone. Posts go up and get few replies.

Posted via CB10
    Because we're all here.
    03-04-17 11:05 PM
    It would cause some sort of "Holy War" (Steve Jobs, famous email) between the camps... :-)

Better to keep us Berry Nutz separate...

•   THISone, with the keys, hopefully coming soon to a phone store down unda... :-D   •
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-05-17 04:43 AM
    why you want mix together with the 99.5% (acutally, should be 82%, excluding iphone)? lost all the unique characteristic of the group. you mean would I want to see fragile xiaomi, face honour, explorsion sammy, etc. etc.? beam me up.
    03-05-17 07:54 AM
    No. Bb10 phones will still be in use long after BlackBerry android phones have been abandoned.
    03-05-17 08:18 AM
    Noooo. We're a unique breed over here. We need our own community

Posted via CB10
    03-05-17 08:34 AM
    I answered yes. It's time.

As a BB10 diehard, I love connecting with other BlackBerry fans in the forums, but I'm tired of being blamed for BlackBerry Android's failures. I'm tired of being told I'm angry, irrational, and "living in the past" because I just can't bring myself to embrace BlackBerry's Android phones. I'm tired of being told that if I really care about the future of BlackBerry handsets I have to suck it up and buy the newest BlackBerry Android phone.

There is an obvious schism between the BB10/BBOS diehards and BlackBerry Android users and there are countless, endless arguments still going on in the CB forums as we speak.

BlackBerry Mobile and CrackBerry are trying to rally the BlackBerry fan community behind the KEYone and BlackBerry's Android future, but as long as this schism exists - as long as this incessant back-and-forth is allowed to continue, it's not going to happen.

Put the BlackBerry Android forums where they belong at Android Central. Leave the BB10/BBOS forums here at CrackBerry where they belong. If BB10/BBOS must ride off into the sunset, let CrackBerry and the BB10/BBOS diehards ride along with it. All good things must come to an end.

Meanwhile, BlackDroid fans can enjoy the company of fellow Android fans at AndroidCentral, where those pesky BB10/BBOS fanboys won't keep pestering them and reminding them of all the glaring differences between the two platforms.
    03-06-17 10:12 AM
    I answered yes. It's time.

As a BB10 diehard, I love connecting with other BlackBerry fans in the forums, but I'm tired of being blamed for BlackBerry Android's failures. I'm tired of being told I'm angry, irrational, and "living in the past" because I just can't bring myself to embrace BlackBerry's Android phones. I'm tired of being told that if I really care about the future of BlackBerry handsets I have to suck it up and buy the newest BlackBerry Android phone.

There is an obvious schism between the BB10/BBOS diehards and BlackBerry Android users and there are countless, endless arguments still going on in the CB forums as we speak.

BlackBerry Mobile and CrackBerry are trying to rally the BlackBerry fan community behind the KEYone and BlackBerry's Android future, but as long as this schism exists - as long as this incessant back-and-forth is allowed to continue, it's not going to happen.

Put the BlackBerry Android forums where they belong at Android Central. Leave the BB10/BBOS forums here at CrackBerry where they belong. If BB10/BBOS must ride off into the sunset, let CrackBerry and the BB10/BBOS diehards ride along with it. All good things must come to an end.

Meanwhile, BlackDroid fans can enjoy the company of fellow Android fans at AndroidCentral, where those pesky BB10/BBOS fanboys won't keep pestering them and reminding them of all the glaring differences between the two platforms.
    We're all BlackBerry fans. BB10 or BBOS diehards do not have any elevated privilege to claim the Crackberry site as their own.

Even Bla1ze uses BlackBerry Android as his primary device.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-06-17 10:17 AM
    We're all BlackBerry fans. BB10 or BBOS diehards do not have any elevated privilege to claim the Crackberry site as their own.

Even Bla1ze uses BlackBerry Android as his primary device.
    We're all BlackBerry fans, yes. But, as you have just illustrated, there is apparently some class warfare going on among the community.

Perhaps it's time for an amicable divorce.
    03-06-17 10:28 AM
    We're all BlackBerry fans, yes. But, as you have just illustrated, there is apparently some class warfare going on among the community.

Perhaps it's time for an amicable divorce.
    But if Crackberry is to continue to exist, it obviously needs to be involved with BlackBerry Android. As the number of legacy OS users dwindle to nothing, the site would die. Not very good for revenues going forward.

I believe polite coexistence is possible. There is a lot of user crossover like myself. There are many of us that continue to offer tons of support to legacy users, despite our current primary device.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-06-17 10:34 AM
    But if Crackberry is to continue to exist, it obviously needs to be involved with BlackBerry Android. As the number of legacy OS users dwindle to nothing, the site would die. Not very good for revenues going forward.

I believe polite coexistence is possible. There is a lot of user crossover like myself. There are many of us that continue to offer tons of support to legacy users, despite our current primary device.
    There's no reason you couldn't continue that interaction if the BlackBerry Android forums are moved to Android Central.

If CB dies, maybe that's what's meant to be. Maybe it's time for CB to go the way of webOS Nation.

BlackBerry Mobile (TCL) is just another Android OEM that makes Android phones with their own Android software and launcher. Why should Mobile Nations keep devoting an entire site just to them and not Samsung or LG or HTC, or Lenovo?
    03-06-17 10:40 AM
    There's no reason you couldn't continue that interaction if the BlackBerry Android forums are moved to Android Central.

If CB dies, maybe that's what's meant to be. Maybe it's time for CB to go the way of webOS Nation.

BlackBerry Mobile (TCL) is just another Android OEM that makes Android phones with their own Android software and launcher. Why should Mobile Nations keep devoting an entire site just to them and not Samsung or LG or HTC, or Lenovo?
    CB still gets lots of hits, so to argue it should be allowed to die, is not good business. People come here to learn about BlackBerry - regardless of the OS. The numbers prove it.
    stlabrat likes this.
    03-06-17 10:47 AM
    CB still gets lots of hits, so to argue it should be allowed to die, is not good business. People come here to learn about BlackBerry - regardless of the OS. The numbers prove it.
    So the question is, do they care more about clicks and "good business" or about the community?
    03-06-17 11:01 AM
    So the question is, do they care more about clicks and "good business" or about the community?
    I, along with my BlackBerry Android device, am a part of the community.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-06-17 11:02 AM
    I, along with my BlackBerry Android device, am a part of the community.
    So how do we heal the animosity between some BB10/BBOS diehards and some BlackBerry Android fans?

Deleting the arguments from the forums doesn't mean the rift doesn't exist.
    03-06-17 11:07 AM
    CrackBerry has always had & will always have its own special personality & "community". There are many who are regulars on CB simply because it's "home" to them...although they stopped using BB devices with the shift from BBOS10 to Android. I don't see why CB should ever have to be a subforum for any other forum...it's very much an alive, thriving & growing organism all its own!
    03-06-17 11:14 AM
    So how do we heal the animosity between some BB10/BBOS diehards and some BlackBerry Android fans?

Deleting the arguments from the forums doesn't mean the rift doesn't exist.
    It's no different than the rift between BBOS and BB10 users between 2013 and 2015. We'll get over this one too as the legacy users assimilate or fade into the sunset.
    stlabrat and BigBadWulf like this.
    03-06-17 11:15 AM
    It's no different than the rift between BBOS and BB10 users between 2013 and 2015. We'll get over this one too as the legacy users assimilate or fade into the sunset.
    Marginalizing the "legacy users" is not a good solution, IMO.

I still don't think it makes sense for an Android OEM to have their own Mobile Nations site.
    03-06-17 11:20 AM
    There still is that remaining island that comes with these rifts, although turnover should dismantle even the staunchest of fortresses. Heck, installing a Let's Encrypt certificate on CB would have cut it off from anything pre-10.3.3, including the remaining BBOS holdouts.
    03-06-17 11:22 AM
    tl;dr: If it's sold as a 'BlackBerry', it will be on CrackBerry. It's really not that difficult.
    Thud Hardsmack, Uzi, TLD1 and 1 others like this.
    03-06-17 11:26 AM
    There still is that remaining island that comes with these rifts, although turnover should dismantle even the staunchest of fortresses. Heck, installing a Let's Encrypt certificate on CB would have cut it off from anything pre-10.3.3, including the remaining BBOS holdouts.
    Like I said, marginalizing or ignoring the BB10/BBOS "holdouts" is not a good solution, IMO.

Mobile Nations and CB are smarter than that.
    03-06-17 11:38 AM
    Like I said, marginalizing or ignoring the BB10/BBOS "holdouts" is not a good solution, IMO.

Who's being marginalized? Users control the content of the forums. Everyone is free to participate.
    03-06-17 11:46 AM

And yet everything else on the planet has relegated BB10/BBOS to the ash heap of history. Just look at its vibrant app library, strong first/third party support and all those new devices coming soon.

CB is just about all that remains for the legacy platforms (barring some unhinged blogs), which makes a little sense as to why they want to cast icky Android out of their safe space. But it's still "BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com" at the end of the day. The Android BlackBerry devices are as much a BlackBerry as the legacy platforms, except they still have gas in their tanks. There's only so much CB could do to Febreze the smell off of the legacy platforms.

Removing Android from CB puts it on the path to WebOS Nation. CB could play Iraqi Information Minister with BB10/BBOS, but they're smart enough not to ignore the present.
    03-06-17 11:58 AM
    You know WebOS Nation is still around right? CB ain't going no where!
    03-06-17 12:09 PM
52 123