I know the answer from any of you is going to be I should, but I want to know if certain things are possible first, which would mean the can would be ok too...

Firstly, I've been flirting with the idea of a blackberry for a looooooong time. Always mainly had issue with the camera (currently have a SE C902 8megapixels) but am willing to accept that the cameras on phones aren't really for great shots, and email/browsing is more than enough to make up for having a lower (still good quality) camera on something like the 8900...

I currently have three email addresses that I check a little bit too maniacally. My personal Gmail address, my sideline business address which is on my own domain but is using Google Apps (gmail interface) for emails and my work address which is on yet another domain.

Now, my understanding is that the gmail and sideline business emails (gmail interface) should be a breeze to set up on a bb, with different inboxes for each - is this true?

My next problem is that the main work email is a common inbox that the whole office uses. We have a generic [email protected] which comes into a MSExchange server and we all read into the same inbox with folders for each of us and personalised email footers depending on the computer being used.

The main reason for this is that it's a small company but about 10 people are involved in the office and it's just grown into a culture of using this system. The thinking behind this was that if someone was out sick someone else could answer their emails also the managers could kinda check up on everyone's emails easily and see what has been agreed/discussed/etc.

Personally as the future director of operations I'm willing to change the system slightly and have individual emails and a generic one so long as I'm still able to see what others are sending/receiving/etc and able to get emails for my attention sent to the generic address without having a load of fw: fw: fw: in the message. Is this possible on exchange, because I'm presuming it's vital to the bb integration working properly? I doubt you can have folders on the bb and if someone adds the generic inbox mail to my folder it won't just show up on my bb?

I hope this meandering post manages to make sense and explain my concerns about getting a bb, although I can really see the benefit in having mails wherever you are.

If anyone has any advice on these I'd really love to hear it as I'm new to this realm but would like to jump in... And I'll probably have more questions further down the line...

Thanks
    Stephen
    02-13-09 04:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD