I've never liked the name BB10. Would like to see a real brand name for the OS.

Posted via CB10
    Ehhh... like Android lollipop??? That's what I call a catchy OS name...

Should BlackBerry rebrand their phones?-gandalf-en-een-half.jpg

Posted via my awesome Classic
    06-14-15 09:35 AM
    If it ain't purely BlackBerry, that would be wise.

To keep the hard core BlackBerry fans satisfied and to continue BB10 growth. I do believe that is a great approach to bringing The BlackBerry  back from its grand status.

The Z10 STL 100-3 on 10.3.1.27087 BlackBerry owners on AT&T Channel C0032C652
    06-14-15 10:58 AM
    Generalize? I don't think so. Most people just buy Samsung because that's the brand they know. And some know that Iphones are expensive, some think they are stylish and some think Apple has a pact with the devil.

Yes I know this is not true for everyone, but the majority thinks so!
    If you're using terms like "most people," you are, in fact, generalizing.
    06-14-15 11:47 AM
    If you're using terms like "most people," you are, in fact, generalizing.
    Most people is not all people... But a majority..

And btw... it's almost a fact...

Posted via my awesome Classic
    06-14-15 12:36 PM
    They could keep the logo on the phone and call it something different by making it a subsidiary of BlackBerry. Very important to load as many social networking apps as possible on it so it will target a non business crowd. Build a HUB that links all social media in one place so people can post pictures and remarks to all social accounts at once.
    06-15-15 04:43 AM
    They could keep the logo on the phone and call it something different by making it a subsidiary of BlackBerry. Very important to load as many social networking apps as possible on it so it will target a non business crowd. Build a HUB that links all social media in one place so people can post pictures and remarks to all social accounts at once.
    Given the OTA, a subsidiary would be the only way they could do it anyway. They could call it SamBerry and offer a share to sammy....

Either way the Android idea is stupid and ultimately destructive to BlackBerry's long term future.

Posted via CB10 from BlackBerry Passport
    06-15-15 05:42 AM
    I would call it MIR

Actually I am fond of the BlackBerry name and logo.
    06-15-15 08:36 AM
    Maybe not such a bad idea at all. This is a small chance for the company to start over while reducing the association of the product with a toxic brand and a dead ended OS. This is different from company renaming.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 08:50 AM
    I think the BlackBerry name should just be dropped and reboot the company with the QNX name. And give the OS a fun name. Not just a number

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 08:55 AM
    I don't buy the "toxic" association with the brand name. That's a strong word. The negative perception Blackberry has in the US is that the phones and o/s are "old" because many just don't know about the new devices and o/s. That's far short of toxic; toxic would be if the general public was keenly aware of the current devices and thought they were horrible, stinking piles.

Richard
    to boldly go and RyanGermann like this.
    06-15-15 09:50 AM
    I don't think rebranding BlackBerry name and going Android is gonna matter much unless they can compete with the Samsung brand. Samsung is the only one making serious profits on Android. I could be wrong though. Regardless, BlackBerry will still have an uphill battle against all other Android phone makers. They will have to totally differentiate the device, say a hybrid of Android and BB10. I hope it all works out at the end.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 10:11 AM
    I'd rather see BlackBerry license technology to Samsung so Samsung can push out 100,000,000 devices that include BlackBerry technology and BB gets a few bucks per device sold, rather than attempt to rebrand and build a worldwide brand identity again. It's very VERY costly and not very expedient to rebrand, and it can backfire spectacularly.
    06-15-15 01:08 PM
    No on the rebranding. They need marketing, and they need to do it within the context of partnering with other well-known and popular brands. I really think the cross-platform stuff they are working on can really serve the brand. BBM hasn't quite lived up to it, but the BlackBerry Experience Suite might. Everyone knows what a BlackBerry is, it's just that they don't know about what BB is now. That's better than being a no-name in this market and trying to make a dent, because if the products would speak for them in that case, it'd also work with a BlackBerry moniker.
    06-15-15 02:10 PM
    Don't this so, the brand is known worldwide and they would need tons of advertising and marketing to place a new brand name in the market.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    06-15-15 02:27 PM
    I don't buy the "toxic" association with the brand name. That's a strong word. The negative perception Blackberry has in the US is that the phones and o/s are "old" because many just don't know about the new devices and o/s. That's far short of toxic; toxic would be if the general public was keenly aware of the current devices and thought they were horrible, stinking piles.

Richard
    Given the amount of hate on BlackBerry as far as the general public, I think the general public is keenly aware of the current devices and thought they were horrible, stinking piles eventhough that is NOT true. A brand name that is associated with 'death', 'bankruptcy', 'limited' is toxic. Brand is all about perception. and does not say anything about the product associated with the brand.
    06-15-15 02:46 PM
    Regarding re-branding, I believe it could be effective as a way of introducing a new BlackBerry Business Segment ( with the expressed vision of expanding BlackBerry functionality to other platforms) .

That being said, I also believe it should not be used to run away from the BlackBerry name or any negative impressions of the brand.

Many issues facing the company now stems from the perception that the company is in flux and is uncertain of it's future and what kind of company will it emerge to be.

Because of this, Consumers have lost faith in the company, feeling that BlackBerry has seemingly straid away from the type of products and product philosophy that made them great.

Business partners, such as Service Providers seeing this and are reluctant to promote the BlackBerry products and name. Often pointing BlackBerry customers towards the competitor's device .
    Walk into an AT&T store and ask for the latest BlackBerry devices , even if they know what your talking about, they'll make an attempt to passively lead you in another direction. We all have experience it.

So, if BlackBerry rebrands to shed their heritage, the word will soon get out. People will continue to question the stability of the company and whether they should have faith in a company that is giving the impression that they don't have faith in themselves.

To sell a product in business you have to convince the buyer that you believe it to be a great competitive value and that your company will be there to support the consumers' purchase investment. Because $250 -$600 is an investment.

It's like Nash Automotive. The Nash was a great automobile by all accounts, innovative. But would you buy a car if you believe the company would no longer service the automobile.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nash_Motors

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 10:31 PM
    It's only on CB that I see the company referred to as Blackberry. Everywhere else I still see the name RIM being used to address the company and BB for the phone.

�The Berrylution will not be televised� Stupid. Double typeeing kyboard �
    06-15-15 10:46 PM
    Given the amount of hate on BlackBerry as far as the general public, I think the general public is keenly aware of the current devices and thought they were horrible, stinking piles eventhough that is NOT true. A brand name that is associated with 'death', 'bankruptcy', 'limited' is toxic. Brand is all about perception. and does not say anything about the product associated with the brand.
    In the USA? Practically nobody knows about the new phones. They're not in stores, and you never see them, anywhere, so the general public has no real exposure to them. It does have the extremely minor positive effect of, when someone does realize your phone is a BB but doesn't look like the old BB's people are used to, they are sometimes interested and want to know more about it.

Richard
    06-16-15 08:16 AM
    It won't matter whether they rebrand or not if they still choose not to advertise.
    06-26-15 10:21 AM
    Would be a good idea.

Posted via CB10
    I've been saying this should've been when RIM changed their name to match the BlackBerry brand. Now their stuck

Posted via CB10
    06-26-15 10:22 AM
    There is no opportunity to reboot the brand. Even if you give it a new name and image, you would have to invest at least $100M in an advertising campaign to even being establishing the brand. You would also have to convince the carriers to push a new phone which they aren't likely to do even if they have an exclusive. Then you have to order about 10 million phones and risk a huge write-down if they don't sell.

John Chen isn't going to stick his neck out like that in hopes of reviving the handset business. I'm pretty sure he would just as soon not be in the hardware business once he can replace the revenue. He doesn't even seem comfortable talking about the handsets and I'm pretty sure he's sick of dealing with the carriers.

Foxconn, Compal, and Wistron are going to be designing, manufacturing, and distributing the handsets along with taking most of the risk and potential profit. If they don't have "BlackBerry" on them then I'm not sure what the point would be.
    06-26-15 11:21 AM
46 12