Does a Windows phone need an separate Enterprise MDM solution apart from their computer platform ? Just a question.
    10-27-16 10:17 PM
    The way Microsoft has changed up the way people look at laptops and tablets, then that new all in one PC that makes everything before it look like hot garbage. I wouldn't be surprised if the new surface phone hits the ground running.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-16 09:48 PM
    Blackberry isn't in the phone business anymore. All the new cell phones are made by other manufacturers so no Windows phones in the future.
    Besides not even Microsoft makes any Windows phones. No one is buying their phones either.
    10-29-16 06:07 AM
    Oh, please no!
    10-29-16 07:27 AM
    Actually I heard they just couldn't wait for the formal announcement that BlackBerry is now owned by Apple and will continue to sell Android based phones, and will be soon updating the LINK and BLEND Windows applications, as well as BBM and HUB+ for Windows. So it's a it's one big happy division!
    If this is a joke. It's a big one. If it's real. I never see it coming. BlackBerry owned by Apple? Selling Android phones with blended Windows applications? That's huge!
    10-29-16 10:17 PM
    Are you serious?
    10-30-16 01:10 AM
    Thoughts?

Seeing as They now have 'Android' Might as well? (more profits no?)

BlackBerry (BBOS10 Division)
    BlackBerry (Android Division)
    BlackBerry (Windows Phone Division)

Good idea/bad idea?
    That would be like jumping off the titanic only to land on the Hindenburg...
    Ronindan likes this.
    10-30-16 08:14 AM
    That would be like jumping off the titanic only to land on the Hindenburg...
    Think they already did that with 'Android' it's rubbed a lot of people the wrong way (you can see the anger on this forum under droid bb phones) still doesn't and never will make sense for a Droid BB.

BB really should of stick with it's guns and stay with BBOS10.
    10-30-16 08:30 AM
    Windows Phone is dead.
    10-30-16 08:50 AM
    Windows isn't just phones. As a software company BB should at least be considering if they can utilize an OS that is running on such a large share of the market. If Microsoft should reenter the phone market and see some success, then BB maybe in a better position than their competitors.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-16 09:29 AM
    BB really should of stick with it's guns and stay with BBOS10.
    Your recommended course of action would have almost certainly killed the company.
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-30-16 10:03 AM
    Your recommended course of action would have almost certainly killed the company.
    Then someone needs to 'buy' the company (knowing BB.. would of thought the likes of dubai etc) would buy it lol - Market is MASSIVE over there.
    10-30-16 10:32 AM
    Then someone needs to 'buy' the company (knowing BB.. would of thought the likes of dubai etc) would buy it lol - Market is MASSIVE over there.
    BB10 on a smartphone is pretty much a losing proposition no matter who owns the company.
    This has all been explained here a thousand times but I will do it one more time if you require.
    10-30-16 10:48 AM
    BB10 on a smartphone is pretty much a losing proposition no matter who owns the company.
    This has all been explained here a thousand times but I will do it one more time if you require.
    It's all about money at the end of the day Dr Boom! :P
    10-30-16 11:20 AM
    Yes, it is all about the money. Truth is, there isn't any money in BB10.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    10-30-16 11:22 AM
    A closed mind is an enigma, indeed. Nothing ever goes in - but odd things are forever coming out. - Lawrence Dunplay
    10-30-16 11:49 AM
    BBOS10 could of been something more, but they needed backing by top apps (they never really got it) toooooo bad.
    10-30-16 12:24 PM
    No... two Loser's* don't make a Winner.

*financially in Mobile Hardware.

Posted via CB10
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    10-30-16 01:36 PM
    The parallels between BlackBerry and Microsoft's mobile efforts are striking.

Both rested on their laurels while Apple and Google rose to prominence.

Both were late to respond and were never able to hold onto or claim a significant chunk of market share.

Both decided to stop designing and producing mobile hardware in-house and instead license their software and brand to third party OEMs.

Both are currently targeting primarily business and enterprise customers with their mobile offerings.

Now here's where they're different.

Microsoft is big enough and successful enough in other areas that it can afford to continue to develop and support their own mobile platform despite its small market share (which is still larger than BlackBerry's).

BlackBerry, on the other hand, has halted development of their own BB10 mobile OS and has had to transition to selling phones running their own flavor of Android. The future of BB10 is uncertain at best. At worst, it has no future - at least not in smartphones.

The chances of a third party wanting to license BB10 and sell smartphones running it are slim, but there are already third parties like Acer, HP, and Alcatel selling phones running Windows 10 Mobile.

Microsoft's mobile OS has a much greater chance of rising from the ashes as a viable third mobile platform than BB10 does because of Microsoft's resources, third party OEM connections, and because its OS is built around and continues to make advances towards convergence - the same OS and apps running on any device regardless of form factor. The compatibility and integration of Windows 10 Mobile with other versions of Windows 10 is a huge advantage, whereas BlackBerry Link for BB10 devices isn't even officially supported on Windows 10 or macOS Sierra (it won't run on Win7 for me anymore, either) and BlackBerry Blend is already officially end-of-life.

So is the idea of BlackBerry developing software for Windows and Windows Mobile such an outrageous proposition? It would provide an opportunity for them to get their software and brand in front of even more business and enterprise customers - their target market - and provide new channels for partnerships and growth. I think it would be a win-win for MS and BB.

And I must say, a BlackBerry-branded Windows phone or at least universal BlackBerry apps for Windows are considerably more appealing to me than their efforts to put lipstick on the pig that is Android.

Posted from my Z30 via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    10-30-16 02:16 PM
    I could be wrong but It is my understanding that Windows phones do not need the BlackBerry MDM solutions.
    10-30-16 11:11 PM
    I could be wrong but It is my understanding that Windows phones do not need the BlackBerry MDM solutions.
    They dont.
    Windows is the main competition for Blackberry

To have a windows device is pretty much suicide for Blackberry. It'd be the worst decision ever.

Android and Apple are in no way the threat to Blackberry that microsoft are
    Bbnivende likes this.
    10-31-16 12:32 AM
46 12