Apple has Safari, Google has Chrome. Do you think it's about time BlackBerry should create their own brand of browser? Don't know if it helps from a marketing stand point or not but I always felt that it should, instead of it being part of the OS. Browsers are an important part of any mobile and computer. I think it deserves its own two feet. thoughts?
    08-31-12 09:41 PM
    Others have browsers because their browser is multi platform whereas a BlackBerry browser only exists on the BlackBerry platform. Thus no need to differentiate.
    08-31-12 09:51 PM
    Technically I guess it's the Torch or Iris browser from when RIM bought Torch Mobile.
    08-31-12 10:00 PM
    08-31-12 10:33 PM
    thanks for the link hootyhoo.

@utsmaster18 yeah i see where you're coming from, i don't know for some reason i still feel like it could be good if it was its own identity. A new fresh looking icon (because i personally hate the current one). It is being promoted as scoring well in all these benchmark tests (none more than html5), it's a shame that it doesn't have its own brand.
    08-31-12 10:59 PM
    yea my thoughts are you dont read the forum since theres a thread asking the same thing from 8 hours before you made yours. 5 threads under yours nonetheless.
    08-31-12 11:40 PM
    haha too true. i didnt read the forum, i just wrote up what i was thinking without checking.
    09-01-12 12:33 AM
    haha too true. i didnt read the forum, i just wrote up what i was thinking without checking.
    #1 rule about forums, search first, or don the flamesuit. just a piece of advice.
    09-01-12 01:10 AM
    I think they should see how good it is first. If the BB10 browser blows the competition away then they should give it a name & start marketing it, but until then NO.

BTW I know the numbers look like it's going to be a great browser, but seeing is believing, benchmarks only go so far....plus by the time it does eventually come out the competition may have caught up
    09-01-12 01:33 AM
    Actually, I just wish they would improve it. I am always looking for the address bar on the Playbook browser.
    09-01-12 08:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD