44 million in dumb phone sales. BlackBerry should be dominating that right now with the classic form factor, which was and is a txting beast

�This is BlackBerry people! It will come before it is ready, but after it is needed �
    05-12-16 11:57 PM
    Should BlackBerry bring back legacy devices?-imageuploadedbycb-forums1463203107.517295.jpgwhile not a Blackberry, all I can say is hmmmm
    05-14-16 12:18 AM
    44 million in dumb phone sales. BlackBerry should be dominating that right now with the classic form factor, which was and is a txting beast

�This is BlackBerry people! It will come before it is ready, but after it is needed �
    Legacy or BB10 blackberries are not dumb phones and these demographics are not looking for pearls and bolds when shopping for a dumb or burner phone.
    05-14-16 03:16 AM
    800+ posts.... and the conclusion is?

Posted via CB10
    05-14-16 04:34 AM
    I totally can relate to the OPS question, really. The Bold 9900 remains my phone-phone no matter what other BB's I try. It would be nice if only it could browse a bit faster. Even with that, it's the best phone. Still.

Would it be a good move for BlackBerry to spend money at this time to dink around with it? I'm afraid I don't think so. But if the phone business picks up for them, I think there is a huge potential market for just a beefed up Bold or Bold-sized phone.

And for what a Bold is and does, OS7 is still better.

Maybe a SMALL phone not a plain flip phone, and a bigger device as a sidekick for browsing or doing business on the go, is preferable for customers who aren't finding the One-Device Must Do All concept to be the best one.

Thinking outside the box often needs someone to set an example first.

But first we want BlackBerry to do what's right for them as a company and hope they can stick around in the cellphone business to keep giving us what we want.
    The beefed up Bold has been in the market for sometime now did you get it? It's called the BlackBerry Classic.

It's hardware capacity is much bigger than the Bold 9900 & the new updated OS is a lot more intuitive and you can do a lot more on the phone now.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-16 05:48 AM
    No for the life of me just No No No don't issue anymore BlackBerry legacy devices. They are from a bygone era & that's all people know about BlackBerry. I think one of the main reason for BlackBerry's failures is sticking to the legacy devices.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-16 05:52 AM
    They only issued a new BBOS device in selected markets. Their big mistake was in not having transitional OS that could run Android apps on existing BB7 devices. They orphaned 80 million devices.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-16 07:30 AM
    800+ posts.... and the conclusion is?

Posted via CB10
    Since the question started with the word "should", all that did was elicit opinions. Opinions of every kind. Can't get very conclusive with that.

If the question started with "will", I think we know what the definitive answer was going to be.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-16 12:56 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByCB Forums1463203107.517295.jpg 
Views:	342 
Size:	366.9 KB 
ID:	399693while not a Blackberry, all I can say is hmmmm
    Yeah, I can walk into my local Albertsons grocery store down the street and get one of those. It's been there for years.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-16 12:59 PM
    No for the life of me just No No No don't issue anymore BlackBerry legacy devices. They are from a bygone era & that's all people know about BlackBerry. I think one of the main reason for BlackBerry's failures is sticking to the legacy devices.

Posted via CB10
    You are 100% wrong. The classic and passport sold very well. The problem with blackberry is ****ty marketing and a long wait for carriers to release the phones because of nonsense "AT&T exclusives" . Blackberry needs to release their phones before they become outdated by the time they release.

I would love a legacy device that incorporates bb10 features into Android and i bet a lot of people here can agree on it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-14-16 02:06 PM
    You are 100% wrong. The classic and passport sold very well. The problem with blackberry is ****ty marketing and a long wait for carriers to release the phones because of nonsense "AT&T exclusives" . Blackberry needs to release their phones before they become outdated by the time they release.

I would love a legacy device that incorporates bb10 features into Android and i bet a lot of people here can agree on it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    So the new Blackberry Rome !
    05-14-16 02:53 PM
    Yeah, I can walk into my local Albertsons grocery store down the street and get one of those. It's been there for years.

Posted via CB10
    the keyboard tho <3

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-14-16 07:01 PM
    Simply, no.

 P A S S P O R T [ S E] 
    05-22-16 06:37 PM
    I'm pretty sure that was the whole idea behind the Classic.

 TJ Strozier of Astronomic Music
    05-23-16 03:28 AM
    Next thing you know, people will be suggesting that any old flip phone or the Motorola Razor should make a comeback!
    Oh, wait.... lol

http://www.cnet.com/news/moto-razr-teaser-lenovo-event/

Attachment 400519
    Attachment 400520

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    05-23-16 06:40 PM
    Next thing you know, people will be suggesting that any old flip phone or the Motorola Razor should make a comeback!
    Oh, wait.... lol

http://www.cnet.com/news/moto-razr-teaser-lenovo-event/

Attachment 400519
    Attachment 400520

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    I miss mine, and then I had the RAZR2 in 2009 (kind of late for a RAZR2. Uh oh here we go again.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-23-16 11:42 PM
    No

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    05-24-16 12:17 AM
    I loved the RAZR! Too bad I got rid of it.... should had kept it
    05-24-16 12:46 PM
    I miss my old Startac. I could use it for my yahoo mail and web browsing. Screw that, the thing had what like 3 lines of text and when you get a forwarded email you were required to go through the whole freaking list before the actual message. I'll take my Z10 any day

Posted via CB10
    05-25-16 06:32 AM
    How many users are STILL using Razr? Quite a few of us are STILL using, and STILL preferring legacy BB. We STILL outnumber BB10 and BBdroid userbase combined. Nothing to "bring back". It's STILL here.

If BB wants my money they'll offer a product I like better than the 9900 I'm typing this on. If they have all the money they need, I'll continue to spend my money at eBay. Their choice.
    05-25-16 06:56 AM
    How many users are STILL using Razr? Quite a few of us are STILL using, and STILL preferring legacy BB. We STILL outnumber BB10 and BBdroid userbase combined. Nothing to "bring back". It's STILL here.

If BB wants my money they'll offer a product I like better than the 9900 I'm typing this on. If they have all the money they need, I'll continue to spend my money at eBay. Their choice.
    While not privy to the numbers, I'm willing to bet the vast majority of those BBOS users are Enterprise, with no choice in what they use.

I loved my 9930, but it doesn't meet the needs of almost anyone in the consumer market.
    TgeekB and hplovecraft like this.
    05-25-16 07:03 AM
    I would suggest that the vast majority of BBOS devices still in use are in Indonesia, Africa and India as well as scattered individuals everywhere.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    05-25-16 07:12 AM
    While not privy to the numbers, I'm willing to bet the vast majority of those BBOS users are Enterprise, with no choice in what they use.

I loved my 9930, but it doesn't meet the needs of almost anyone in the consumer market.
    Actually those enterprise are probably long gone, they might not have much say in what phone they use but you can bet enterprise customers break their phones very often, and there are no replacements being made. Not for a long time.

Most likely the remaining BBOS users are private people who either like bbos too much or they don't like change (like my wife) and they would buy an updated one in a heart beat.
    05-25-16 07:32 AM
    How many razrs are still owned by enterprise or in developing nations?

SOMEone, SOMEwhere purchased and still uses those 11-12M bbos devices. Unsubstantiated conjecture about why is perfect valid opinion but, as an engineer, numbers are still numbers. As a businessman, I'm still appalled to witness such willing abandonment of repeat customer opportunities.

But, like I said, if BB can't figure out how to make an upgraded device providing a BETTER feature set than my 5 year old 9900, they obviously don't need my money.
    anon(6038817) likes this.
    05-25-16 07:47 AM
    Problem is BIS is being phased out now in some markets and with some carriers. I imagine that most already have a date when they will shut down their services... how long would a "new" BBOS devcies remain functional? How long could they reliable be used while traveling?
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    05-25-16 07:47 AM
910 ... 3233343536 ...