My last device was Curve 8310... if only it can keep up with the 'new'-eses OS perhaps i still use it... ahhh just like the glory days of nokia
    I miss my Nokia C3, man that thing even looked like a Blackberry, but running the net on it without Opera was a task.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-02-16 11:33 PM
    Bbos was a piece of crap that should have been replaced back in the days of memory leaks and all the battery pulls

Posted via CB10
    I had to pull my 9780's battery a bit. Not once a day but a few times a week. My 9900 has never needed a battery pull.

One thing I do miss on BB10 vs BBOS is the lack of temperature on the home screen like it is with Accuweather running on a 9900. I know that's a weird and simple thing, but I love it. It's like looking a the time to me. I need the time and temperature. Odd but true.
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    05-03-16 02:09 PM
    I had to pull my 9780's battery a bit. Not once a day but a few times a week. My 9900 has never needed a battery pull.

One thing I do miss on BB10 vs BBOS is the lack of temperature on the home screen like it is with Accuweather running on a 9900. I know that's a weird and simple thing, but I love it. It's like looking a the time to me. I need the time and temperature. Odd but true.
    Man my iphone is worse for bleeding, when you only have 16GB and one free Gig, I find it best to completely remove the apps that get "fat" like Twitter, FB and Google are the worst, then you get the storage space back. There might even be apps for this but I don't need no more stinkin' apps ^_^

BBerryPowerUser likes this.
    05-03-16 07:13 PM
    I miss my Nokia C3, man that thing even looked like a Blackberry, but running the net on it without Opera was a task.

my last was nokia 8210, seems i don't really like changing things
    even when someone steal my previous 8210, i buy the same thing
    05-04-16 05:23 AM
    Man my iphone is worse for bleeding, when you only have 16GB and one free Gig, I find it best to completely remove the apps that get "fat" like Twitter, FB and Google are the worst, then you get the storage space back. There might even be apps for this but I don't need no more stinkin' apps ^_^

So right. My iPhone 4s (streamer) has 16 gig with about 2 free gigs. It has no memory bloatware at all. I've taken off everything except email, and I stay on top of that. One thing that always rubbed me wrong with iPhone is the lack of SD card storage. I understand their culture, but without a micro SD card port, the old 4s is useless as a music storage machine. It's just for streaming.
    05-04-16 09:22 AM
    Could you list the features that you are looking for that are not present in the best of the BB10 devices?
    Short list:

Form Factor! Classic, Passport and z30 are simply TOO big for my tastes.

Toolbelt. Classic has toolbelt but is too big. Q10 is reasonably sized but lacks toolbelt.

Swappable battery. Q10 provided an unreliable swappable battery "loose contact" configuration. But, again, no toolbelt.

Charging contacts. No overheating QI.

Convenience key. My 9900's convenience key is programmed to pop up messages from within ANY app. I press it habitually, sight unseen, while retrieving 9900 from holster. Multiple email accounts, SMS/mms, calls, etc are ready for immediate view before eyes are directed toward device. Multiple presses of convenience key are directed to other apps, as desired. Same with volume up/down. Double press mute key turns on flashlight, on mine.

Keyboard. Most relaxing KB to ever fit into a single hand, IMO. BB simply got the feel right on the 9900. Q10, Classic, Passport and Z30 are exhaustingly stressful, in comparison. I feel like I'm in a constant battle to coax BB10 into doing what I want. 9900 just does it right, for me.

HMI. Bbos is optimized for trackpad and toolbelt. Classic's toolbelt implimentations are comparatively clunky, IMO. It's too easy to get the feeling that BB10 devs themselves didn't like toolbelt, trackpad, or PKB nor do they even understand why anyone would want such things.

Physical "end key". 9900 ends the call when "end" is pressed. Period. Pretty much no matter what or where you've migrated to during call. Classic's "end" key might, or might not, end a call after migrating from call app. Important if you really care about whether the previous caller is still listening.

Spreadsheet. Insert a row in BB10. I dare ya. Lol.

That's enough of the short list. My biggest single beef with toolbelt Classsic is its size. 9900 fits comfortably and winds up being the one my hand grabs.

Now, why don't you please list the attributes BB10 provides that should entice me, and 12 million others, into abandoning favored features by migrating? ??
    Last edited by idssteve; 05-06-16 at 11:56 AM.
    05-06-16 11:41 AM
    Short list:

Form Factor! Classic, Passport and z30 are simply TOO big for my tastes.

Toolbelt. Classic has toolbelt but is too big. Q10 is reasonably sized but lacks toolbelt.

Swappable battery. Q10 provided an unreliable swappable battery "loose contact" configuration. But, again, no toolbelt.

Charging contacts. No overheating QI.

Convenience key. My 9900's convenience key is programmed to pop up messages from within ANY app. I press it habitually, sight unseen, while retrieving 9900 from holster. Multiple email accounts, SMS/mms, calls, etc are ready for immediate view before eyes are directed toward device. Multiple presses of convenience key are directed to other apps, as desired. Same with volume up/down. Double press mute key turns on flashlight, on mine.

Keyboard. Most relaxing KB to ever fit into a single hand, IMO. BB simply got the feel right on the 9900. Q10, Classic, Passport and Z30 are exhaustingly stressful, in comparison. I feel like I'm in a constant battle to coax BB10 into doing what I want. 9900 just does it right, for me.

HMI. Bbos is optimized for trackpad and toolbelt. Classic's toolbelt implimentations are comparatively clunky, IMO. It's too easy to get the feeling that BB10 devs themselves didn't like toolbelt, trackpad, or PKB nor do they even understand why anyone would want such things.
    Physical "end key". 9900 ends the call when "end" is pressed. Pretty much no matter what or where you've migrated to during call. Classic's "end" key might, or might not, end a call after migrating from call app. Important if yo really care about whether the previous caller is still listening.

Spreadsheet. Insert a row in BB10. I dare ya. Lol.

That's enough of the short list. My biggest single beef with toolbelt Classsic is its size. 9900 fit comfortably and winds up being the one my hand grabs.
    BAM!

05-06-16 11:47 AM
    The 9900 has the best build, fantastic keyboard and tool belt. Perfect width. Love to see an Android version. I am not willing to use either BB10 or BBOS. The 9900 screen could be taller but not wider. A business phone.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 05-06-16 at 01:44 PM.
    05-06-16 12:35 PM
    I don't know how anyone can use a screen the size of the 9900 when there are larger ones available.
    I do understand some of the other features some people like though. There just aren't enough of you to make it viable.
    05-06-16 04:00 PM
    What, specifically, do you guys use the larger screens for? I might wish for larger screen than my 9900 maybe two or three times per week. Even then, I get by if my PP or Z30 aren't handy. Shortcut "I" & "O" quickly zooms in & out with many bbos apps. Trackpad handily places curser in tiniest of text boxes. Trackpad pans around readily. I generally simply hold the smaller screen closer to see it.

I'd really like to know how a larger screen would improve my daily experience enough to be worth sacrificing compact usability, and other prized features. ?? Please help me understand. I truly don't get it. Has "everyone's" eyesight deteriorated? Lol. Or???
    chrisleka likes this.
    05-06-16 04:34 PM
    Here are some points I have to make.

1) Yes, it should be similar, but by the feel of the device. It should have a solid/strong build such as the bold/classic. And can be used with one hand. Should have the Iconic Blackberry look and should be tough to break.

2) No more "stale" chips. More up-to-date interior technology. (Chip, ram, camera, battery, expandable memory. Etc.)

3) I think BB10 is a perfect and ideal OS but they just can't monetize on it. Some say it's perfect, but others need a better ecosystem of applications (hence why they resorted to Android). If you feel like BB10 is for you then you can still get one.

4) Android seems like the most profitable/cost-friendly path. The most reasonable way for Blackberry to become profitable while still targeting hardcore BlackBerry users is to house most of the beloved BB10 features into an Android based phone with the most recent interior specs, and strong/iconic hardware build quality.

Personally, the BB10 OS will still remain the ultimate productivity machine for me. Im currently using the Priv but I miss my ex (classic) for all the reasons mentioned above.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-06-16 04:41 PM
    I think it's pretty self explanatory. Sure, age has something to do with it but also its just easier to read or manipulate things. I think there's a sweet spot between carrying around a huge phone and having to squint at a tiny phone. Of course we're all different so that will vary.
    05-06-16 04:44 PM
    I think it's pretty self explanatory. Sure, age has something to do with it but also its just easier to read or manipulate things. I think there's a sweet spot between carrying around a huge phone and having to squint at a tiny phone. Of course we're all different so that will vary.
    Gave my Classic with an otterbox to my dad (55 yrs old). He previously had an HTC. I Increased the font size, taught him how to use FB on the browser and got him an app for water tide (fishing). Looks like a goddamn boss now. Hes not as dependant on apps, loves the battery life, and learned to be fluent with the BB10 OS. He couldn't be happier. (Except for the missing what's app).

TgeekB likes this.
    05-06-16 05:22 PM
    Gave my Classic with an otterbox to my dad (55 yrs old). He previously had an HTC. I Increased the font size, taught him how to use FB on the browser and got him an app for water tide (fishing). Looks like a goddamn boss now. Hes not as dependant on apps, loves the battery life, and learned to be fluent with the BB10 OS. He couldn't be happier. (Except for the missing what's app).

I think the Classic screen, while not large, is a bit more readable. If your father is only using it for those few things, he shouldn't have an issue. Hope he enjoys it!
    05-06-16 05:26 PM
    Dont have time to read the whole thread, but...

Can't happen in the real modern world, because of a phenomenon called obsolescence.

Many of the ICs ('computer chips' if you like) have long ago stopped being manufactured, and never again will be.

To bring back the legacy products would be prohibitively expensive because the functions originally implemented in old hardware would have to be reinvented using new hardware chips. Even the legacy OS wouldn't work because it relies on software hooks into specific hardware 'locations' at its lowest level. That doesn't even consider the components (switches, displays), materials and manufacturing methods that have been forever modified since the BBOS devices entered production.

Time marches forward. Obsolescence is very real. Many a good product I have designed entered permanent retirement because of it. We must move with it...or look for a temporary fix using eBay.

via CrackBerry
    05-06-16 05:47 PM
    What, specifically, do you guys use the larger screens for? I might wish for larger screen than my 9900 maybe two or three times per week. Even then, I get by if my PP or Z30 aren't handy. Shortcut "I" & "O" quickly zooms in & out with many bbos apps. Trackpad handily places curser in tiniest of text boxes. Trackpad pans around readily. I generally simply hold the smaller screen closer to see it.

I'd really like to know how a larger screen would improve my daily experience enough to be worth sacrificing compact usability, and other prized features. ?? Please help me understand. I truly don't get it. Has "everyone's" eyesight deteriorated? Lol. Or???
    people should also realize that with gigantic screens, you need gigantic batteries, relatively speaking.....and that means a larger device. As many have said in here, the 9900 has the "perfect form factor" and it goes without saying (again) that if they redid a 9900-style device IT WOULD have updated guts. Thats a given.

05-06-16 05:58 PM
    In my perfect armchair CEO world I can only build one all touch and one PKB. I would make them the same size as a S7. 142 X 70 mm. That is sweet spot in smartphones today. No doubt BlackBerry will miss the sweet spot.

The critical dimension is the width. Anywhere between 67 and 70 mm is ideal , the iPhone 6 and S7 respectively.
    05-06-16 06:46 PM

Presbyopia

Posted via CB10
    05-06-16 10:00 PM
    Presbyopia

Posted via CB10
    Lol. My arms got shorter decades ago. Lol. Bifocals work wonders.
    05-06-16 10:39 PM
    My pipe dream is to bring back the BB9900 with both dual core and 2 gb internal ram and leave everything else the same (keep OS7 but update it).
    05-07-16 04:17 AM
    Legacy HMI is better optimized for smaller screens, IMO. I spend much more time "squinting" at my larger screen Classic, and even Z30 & PP than my tiny screen 9900.

Go open the latest "ShopCrackBerry Deal of the Day" on a Classic. Even younger eyes will be hunting bifocals. Lol. Open the same msg on latest OS 9900 and font size is pleasantly readable. This is likely due to a setting I no longer recall setting but legacy HMI employed multiple "small screen" strategies that BB10 guys seemed oblivious to. Once again, BB10 devs might have learned something had legacy devs been let into the same room a few minutes. Lol.

Now days, it seems, "everyone" unquestioningly acquiesces to lugging around monster sized screens to compensate for poor page design and/or poor rendering strategies. IMO.

Again, I'll reiterate, it's a rare day I find my 9900's tiny screen inadequate. On those days, linking it to PlayBook is an option. From there I've occasionally hdmi'd PB onto a 100" screen in our conference room. On rare days. It's a rare moment I find my Classic not to be uncomfortably oversized and top heavy.
    05-07-16 05:45 AM
    Legacy HMI is better optimized for smaller screens, IMO. I spend much more time "squinting" at my larger screen Classic, and even Z30 & PP than my tiny screen 9900.

Go open the latest "ShopCrackBerry Deal of the Day" on a Classic. Even younger eyes will be hunting bifocals. Lol. Open the same msg on latest OS 9900 and font size is pleasantly readable. This is likely due to a setting I no longer recall setting but legacy HMI employed multiple "small screen" strategies that BB10 guys seemed oblivious to. Once again, BB10 devs might have learned something had legacy devs been let into the same room a few minutes. Lol.

Now days, it seems, "everyone" unquestioningly acquiesces to lugging around monster sized screens to compensate for poor page design and/or poor rendering strategies. IMO.

Again, I'll reiterate, it's a rare day I find my 9900's tiny screen inadequate. On those days, linking it to PlayBook is an option. From there I've occasionally hdmi'd PB onto a 100" screen in our conference room. On rare days. It's a rare moment I find my Classic not to be uncomfortably oversized and top heavy.
    The 9900 Web browser had a feature called text reflow. You can adjust your font and the paragraph would still stay in the page.

BB10 allows you to change the font but there is no text reflow. I have really bad eyes and I can read Web pages easily on my Z10.

On my Samsung you can adjust the font size within the browser too. I just find that the Android displays most Web sites in a readable font.

The iPhone is the worst by a large margin. There is no adjustable font on Web pages. Now on some sites you have the option of changing the font but that is not the norm.

I am would be quite surprised if you could not find a font size on your Classic which fits your requirements. The font adjustment qualities of BB10 is one of its best features.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-16 08:56 AM
    My pipe dream is to bring back the BB9900 with both dual core and 2 gb internal ram and leave everything else the same (keep OS7 but update it).
    yup! It would be nice to get an OTA security update, for those of us who don't bother with a PC anymore

05-07-16 04:53 PM
    I don't know how anyone can use a screen the size of the 9900 when there are larger ones available.
    I do understand some of the other features some people like though. There just aren't enough of you to make it viable.
    BBOS was so efficient at using the screen space in the 9900 (and others), even though the Q10 had bigger screen it actually shows me far less information at any given time.
    05-08-16 01:08 AM
    Multiple presses of convenience key are directed to other apps, as desired. Same with volume up/down. Double press mute key turns on flashlight, on mine.
    That's cool. Which app are you using for this? With Advanced OS & LED I have the flashlight on after a double press of the convenience key. I use ShortcutMe as well, but was not aware of how to program the volume and mute buttons.
    05-08-16 02:23 AM
910 ... 2930313233 ...