View Poll Results: Should BB include NFC tags with phones?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

21 84.00%
  • no

4 16.00%
    Most people don't know where to get NFC tags or what they are all about so should BB include 1 or 2 tags to get people started and become familiar with using them?
    12-16-12 10:11 AM
    I voted yes and I think they could send one with the splat and one BB logo.
    12-16-12 10:16 AM
    what on the earth they really are?
    12-16-12 11:19 AM
    what on the earth they really are?
    I believe a NFC Tag is something that can be coded with info that when an NFC enable phone touches it something happens. Ex. an NFC tag on your doorframe will activate x profile and set BBM Status to "Away"
    12-16-12 11:22 AM
    I voted yes. I think they should do it. LG is already doing this with their phones and they even include a app that allows you to do a lot of cool things with it. This review (LG Tag on the LG Intuition) shows exactly what I'm talking about. I think RIM should do it with BB10, because it would make using the feature much easier.
    12-16-12 11:26 AM
    do guns come with bullets?
    12-16-12 11:56 AM
    I voted yes. I think they should do it. LG is already doing this with their phones and they even include a app that allows you to do a lot of cool things with it. This review (LG Tag on the LG Intuition) shows exactly what I'm talking about. I think RIM should do it with BB10, because it would make using the feature much easier.
    yeah this would get you started and using NFC soon after you open the box. When I bought my phone at Telus they did't sell them. You have to buy them online which doesn't make any sense to me.
    ctuffy likes this.
    12-16-12 01:10 PM
    I voted yes and I think they could send one with the splat and one BB logo.
    That would be cool, I was thinking this after I saw some tags with the cute green androids on them.
    12-17-12 01:41 AM
    Definitely yes. It will just enhance the NFC experience and hey, it's a great marketing tool as well.
    12-17-12 03:17 AM
    People dont seem to understand how a business works. Do you want to pay more when you buy that phone because it comes with tags? They sure wont include it for free. And it forces those who dont even want it to pay more.
    gokulesh likes this.
    12-18-12 10:23 AM
    People dont seem to understand how a business works. Do you want to pay more when you buy that phone because it comes with tags? They sure wont include it for free. And it forces those who dont even want it to pay more.
    Actually the basic tags aren't that expensive but they are not easy to find locally. If a user could easily get their hands on one to try they would want more. Tag makers could provide samples for very little cost, if any, compared to their return.
    shemaree09 likes this.
    12-18-12 10:39 AM
    Actually the basic tags aren't that expensive but they are not easy to find locally. If a user could easily get their hands on one to try they would want more. Tag makers could provide samples for very little cost, if any, compared to their return.
    RIM will not include third party nfc tags including an advertisement spread in the box with their company saving phone so users spend money on that company instead of RIM accessories.
    12-18-12 11:05 AM
    For a short time RIM providing a few free TAGS as a promotion would be a great way to build up peoples experience with NFC. And if the TAGS were all BlackBerry shaped it could be a way to build a little buzz with your friends and co-workers.
    12-18-12 12:43 PM
    RIM will not include third party nfc tags including an advertisement spread in the box with their company saving phone so users spend money on that company instead of RIM accessories.
    I think what he meant was its in the TAG makers better interest to help create demand. BB and a manufacturer would need to come to an agreement sure but the cost should be able to come down a lot. Right now it only $1 a tag retail. I think when you start thinking like what you said in the quote you just start to limit possibilities.

@scalemaster34 I'm in favour of promotional uses! I think its waaay under utilized and promoted. And yeah the work place or home you can program it to do all kinds of things even pranks lol
    12-18-12 04:57 PM