So here I am on day 4 awaiting fulfilment of my order for a new Priv. After speaking to ShopBlackberry about it, it sounds like they are swamped with orders...dare I say this latest promotion has been a huge success? Well, at least in BlackBerry terms anyway. Lol.
    fanBBRY and ZayDub like this.
    11-25-16 12:50 PM
    I wouldn't go that far. If I recall correctly, the order is being fulfilled through Digital River and there are numerous posts here on how terrible they are at managing orders, customer service, etc. Let's not get too excited over this. Always good with wishful thinking, but unfortunately need to face reality
    11-25-16 01:02 PM
    I wouldn't go that far. If I recall correctly, the order is being fulfilled through Digital River and there are numerous posts here on how terrible they are at managing orders, customer service, etc. Let's not get too excited over this. Always good with wishful thinking, but unfortunately need to face reality
    I see your point...but I also ordered a different PRIV only a week ago and received it exactly two days later. This time I don't even have a shipping notification yet. In my case fulfilment occurs at the BlackBerry warehouse which is only one hour away. I'm not sure why it would be taking so long...especially only a week later...unless they had some serious backorder issues happening?
    11-25-16 01:29 PM
    I have recently ordered a few different Passport SE's during the most recent sale. All the times the order was processed and delivered to my home in Calgary within 48 hours.

With this most recent promo where the Priv is only $397 in Canada and the fact that Digital River or their warehouse probably services other electronics companies, they may be super busy with other promos as well.

I know a few people who bought the Priv due to the fact that it's a higher end Android device for less than $400

Hopefully everybody has their devices within a few days! Be patient because it's worth it

Posted via CB10
    11-25-16 03:16 PM
    I have recently ordered a few different Passport SE's during the most recent sale. All the times the order was processed and delivered to my home in Calgary within 48 hours.

With this most recent promo where the Priv is only $397 in Canada and the fact that Digital River or their warehouse probably services other electronics companies, they may be super busy with other promos as well.

I know a few people who bought the Priv due to the fact that it's a higher end Android device for less than $400

Hopefully everybody has their devices within a few days! Be patient because it's worth it

Posted via CB10
    Valid point. I remember a couple years ago when they had Z30's on sale, same time of year, people who placed their order in first couple days of the sale got their phones quickly but anyone who ordered after that had a bit of a wait. I think the same thing is happening here and I wouldn't be surprised to see the same kind of mayhem in these forums beginning very soon. Lol

Posted via CB10
    11-25-16 03:28 PM
    Digital River is a fulfillment company for many electronics retailers (not even remotely limited to smartphones). It absolutely makes sense that they're swamped right now, but it also doesn't mean that BB products are necessarily (or even likely) the cause of that spike in orders. BB's business is likely much less than 1% of Digital River's overall business even on a normal day.
    11-25-16 04:41 PM
    Digital River is a fulfillment company for many electronics retailers (not even remotely limited to smartphones). It absolutely makes sense that they're swamped right now, but it also doesn't mean that BB products are necessarily (or even likely) the cause of that spike in orders. BB's business is likely much less than 1% of Digital River's overall business even on a normal day.
    Well, the proportion of BlackBerry sales to DR's total volume of sales is not the issue here anyway...I was merely wondering whether BlackBerry had been swamped with orders based on recent experience and what the ShopBlackBerry people told me. But I see your point; if BlackBerry is not even involved in the fulfilment process, there is really no way to correlate the backlog directly to any one source. Meanwhile, the wait continues...
    11-25-16 05:55 PM
    Valid point. I remember a couple years ago when they had Z30's on sale, same time of year, people who placed their order in first couple days of the sale got their phones quickly but anyone who ordered after that had a bit of a wait. I think the same thing is happening here and I wouldn't be surprised to see the same kind of mayhem in these forums beginning very soon. Lol

Posted via CB10
    I remember that cuz I was one of those whose z30 was delayed.

However, I did order BlackBerry phones on 3 or 4 occasions other than that from shop BlackBerry, and the phones typically arrived within 36 hours ( most recently a passport this past spring) . I think one may have been 48 hours. Anyways, excellent delivery service from digital river.

Things might be slower around the Black Friday selling spree due to increased demand.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-16 06:11 PM
    So here I am on day 4 awaiting fulfilment of my order for a new Priv. After speaking to ShopBlackberry about it, it sounds like they are swamped with orders...dare I say this latest promotion has been a huge success? Well, at least in BlackBerry terms anyway. Lol.
    Yup 20 people called at once, Blackberry is overwhelmed.
    11-27-16 07:55 PM
    That's not BlackBerry. It's Digital River... :-)

  "BB10 dead?" - "Let's dance the Danse MacaBBRY! ... or is it..?" ;-D  
    11-28-16 12:25 AM
    That's not BlackBerry. It's Digital River... :-)

•   "BB10 dead?" - "Let's dance the Danse MacaBBRY! ... or is it..?" ;-D   •
    SHOCKING!!
    11-29-16 02:46 PM
    I expect the did sell a number of devices last week.

Much like most every retailer in NA saw a huge increase in online ordering.

Just means fewer devices they have to sell off to some wholeseller once Chen is ready to end their contract with Digital River.
    11-29-16 03:15 PM
    I always got through to their support... :-D

  "BB10 dead?" - "Let's dance the Danse MacaBBRY! ... or is it..?" ;-D  
    11-29-16 05:13 PM