they can't afford bad news last earning calls...but it doesn't stop them write off down their Z10
    True, but blackberry's share price cannot sustain another write down, it would be catastrophic at this juncture.
    Next earning report should be in December.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    10-20-13 12:50 PM
    True, but blackberry's share price cannot sustain another write down, it would be catastrophic at this juncture.
    Next earning report should be in December.

thanks for the correction.

maybe you are right. but right now every week there always surprising or announcement / news about BlackBerry and some people think it's Blackberry management trying to make stock price going down so their 'friend' can buy it on a bargain and making the upper BB management rich. but hey it's different discussion on different sub forum
    10-20-13 01:08 PM
    nobody gone to buy a phone at 650 in the US, especially you can buy a better phone(nexus 5) at $350.
    10-20-13 01:23 PM
    This is good, but they still need to do more advertising.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 04:55 PM
    This is good, but they still need to do more advertising.

Posted via CB10
    Give it up with the advertising fallacy already, it won't make a difference. Consumers just don't care and the competition is spending much more than blackberry can even fathom.

Microsoft spent a combined 2-3 billion on windows phone, it barley made a dent,
    & Samsung are rumored to to be spending 4.5 to 5 billion in q4 alone.

"Evans notes that Samsung's run-rate for marketing is $12.7 billion based on marketing in Q2. That's more than Google paid to buy all of Motorola. It's 3X HTC's entire market cap.
    It's just an insane budget that no other company can keep pace with.
    Samsung's final bill could be higher. Evans says that based on historical patterns, it will spend $4.5 billion in the fourth quarter. (He also says that it tends to spend more in Q3, though less in Q1.)"
    http://www.businessinsider.com/samsu...pending-2013-9

10-20-13 06:02 PM
    This is the reason you don't work at BlackBerry's pricing department. BlackBerry isn't in liquidation.

Posted via CB10
    Are you sure?

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    godsfantasy likes this.
    10-20-13 06:20 PM
    I believe the direct sales have more to do with clearing the z10/q10 inventory than making it easier for consumers. Z30 doesn't have an inventory problem... So it's not available.

Don't worry, just as soon as BB have a glut of unsold Z30's, I'm sure they'll be added to the site.
    The Z30's will be on the site after partner carriers have had a chance to sell it.
    10-20-13 07:59 PM
    Give it up with the advertising fallacy already, it won't make a difference. Consumers just don't care and the competition is spending much more than blackberry can even fathom.

Microsoft spent a combined 2-3 billion on windows phone, it barley made a dent,
    & Samsung are rumored to to be spending 4.5 to 5 billion in q4 alone.

http://www.businessinsider.com/samsu...pending-2013-9

It must be paying off for Samsung or it would not make sense to do it. So will BlackBerry sell more phones without advertising or with good advertising?

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 09:48 PM
    Hurrah!!!

Fired from my Z10
    10-20-13 11:04 PM
    Why is this so hard to believe when so many people have experienced stupid sales reps trying sway people away from BlackBerry? Wtf?

Posted via CB10
    The reps are not stupid. The only reason why anyone would push any phone is because some phones have a higher incentive for them to sell.
    10-20-13 11:40 PM
35 12