How many times have we heard that an app is available for iOS, and being developed for Droid, with "no plans for Blackberry" ...or vise-versa

Well, get a load of this article: Artys Quest For Nuts released on iOS, coming soon to BlackBerry 10

Arty's Quest For Nuts released on iOS, coming soon to BlackBerry 10 | MobileSyrup.com

Could this be the first swell in a changing tide?
    zyben likes this.
    12-04-12 01:17 PM
    very rare thing to hear/read
    12-04-12 01:50 PM
    Uhm.... Yeah...

It's a start, I guess...
    12-04-12 02:41 PM
    Not sure why anyone would not want cross platform congruence. Don't encourage developers to have this sort of mindset. Besides the game doesn't even play well lol. D:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    12-04-12 03:16 PM
    The interesting news is that Magmic is now making games for iOS and Android.
    12-04-12 03:28 PM
    Not sure why anyone would not want cross platform congruence. Don't encourage developers to have this sort of mindset. Besides the game doesn't even play well lol. D:

Maybe the cost of developing on android is too high, and ROI is not worth their time at the moment.

You hear time and time again about devs making more money on BlackBerry than Android.
    12-04-12 03:52 PM
    Maybe the cost of developing on android is too high, and ROI is not worth their time at the moment.

You hear time and time again about devs making more money on BlackBerry than Android.
    Pretty sure if this was actually the case for most if not all developers, things would not be the way they are.

12-04-12 09:45 PM
    Pretty sure if this was actually the case for most if not all developers, things would not be the way they are.

but it's not.
    12-04-12 09:57 PM
    Well actually, many developers that develops apps for sale are losing out. Some think that just because their app is on a popular OS that they'll bring in the cash - not true.

Due to this mentality, Apple Store and Google Play are saturated with apps and many are similar making it hard to standout.

Example: If you decide to sell apples in a place that also has other people selling apples, how will you persuade customers that your apples are worth buying.

Better be some darn good apples.

Developers are having a hard time getting the attention of mobile users in other platforms. Your app has to be really good, different, and very useful to be noticed and make money.

They other disadvantage is that, "selling" developers have to compete with "free" developers with a similar app. They get into a situation that they have to lower the price down to 99 cents to get considered. Then again with all the saturation, it would be hard to get enough downloads to make a reasonable profit.

I can definitely see this being true for App World developers.

Sent from Bold 9930 #blackberrybychoice
    12-04-12 10:18 PM
    It's a start
    12-04-12 10:56 PM
    but it's not.
    Um, but it is. Have you looked in Google play and itunes from the Web and compared them with apps in the bb app world? There is almost nothing compare at all (especially games) .

Also http://readwrite.com/2012/11/30/idc-...-windows-phone

Well actually, many developers that develops apps for sale are losing out. Some think that just because their app is on a popular OS that they'll bring in the cash - not true.

Due to this mentality, Apple Store and Google Play are saturated with apps and many are similar making it hard to standout.

Example: If you decide to sell apples in a place that also has other people selling apples, how will you persuade customers that your apples are worth buying.

Developers are having a hard time getting the attention of mobile users in other platforms. Your app has to be really good, different, and very useful to be noticed and make money.

They other disadvantage is that, "selling" developers have to compete with "free" developers with a similar app. They get into a situation that they have to lower the price down to 99 cents to get considered. Then again with all the saturation, it would be hard to get enough downloads to make a reasonable profit.

I understand the logic behind what your saying, but it doesn't really seem to hold true for most developers. Yeah, some developers have seen more profit on bb app world, but that's only considering there have only been so very few to reference results from.

Developers just don't see it that way. Developers see it by how many eyes they can get o their app as possible. They measure how many users are on a platform. It's that simple unfortunately.

12-05-12 07:22 AM

So basically, the gist is that all the good developers with good apps, "darn good apples," will go to iOS and Android, and the ones who can't cut it on iOS and Android will go to BB10..... Not sure if that's really all that a situation for RIM.
    12-05-12 07:26 AM

The trend lately is toward "freemimum" apps. Free up front with in-app purchases of premium content for those that choose to buy. That way a developer can get noticed and still make money if the app is good enough. This could potentially negate the "race to the bottom" pricing effect.

As to the original post. I wouldn't consider this the start of a trend. Developers will want to see how well BB10 sells before investing in the platform (current established BB developers excluded). When the likes of FlipBoard and Gameloft make the jump it might mean something.
    12-05-12 09:01 AM
    The interesting news is that Magmic is now making games for iOS and Android.
    Magmic Said that there is no plan to ex panas their apps for Blackberry. I hope they can change their Mind if BB10 Is already released
    12-05-12 09:33 AM
    Its always good news when someone want to develop a good app or game for BB10. 2 things that i see about this app. The company is based in Ottowa and its free on IOS. Will it b free on BB10? I know that its important to have apps when BB10 and if this game is available who the he77 needs Netflicks and Skype?
    12-05-12 09:37 AM
    Like others said its a start. Still just a no name game.
    12-05-12 10:13 AM
    So basically, the gist is that all the good developers with good apps, "darn good apples," will go to iOS and Android, and the ones who can't cut it on iOS and Android will go to BB10..... Not sure if that's really all that a situation for RIM.
    No. There are good developers for BB too.

Im speaking only on the money-making potential and the reasoning why developers are making more money on the BB platform than others - even with less subscribers.

12-05-12 11:23 AM
    The trend lately is toward "freemimum" apps. Free up front with in-app purchases of premium content for those that choose to buy. That way a developer can get noticed and still make money if the app is good enough. This could potentially negate the "race to the bottom" pricing effect.

As to the original post. I wouldn't consider this the start of a trend. Developers will want to see how well BB10 sells before investing in the platform (current established BB developers excluded). When the likes of FlipBoard and Gameloft make the jump it might mean something.
    Flipboard Will find out soon after BB 10 released and so others big Devs.

Freemium, I think Is The best Way for Devs to gain more money from his/Her apps.
    12-05-12 11:57 AM