Why would you want to share your bb pin, and how does it impact your privacy?
    Thanks
    03-05-08 04:35 PM
    I dont think it will great effect your privacy the only theing anyone can do is send you messages, and I do believe you can decline if someone adds your pin and invites you to add them to your BB.
    03-05-08 04:38 PM
    It's bittersweet for me. I don't mind chatting but when I'm really busy @ work it can get to me..
    03-05-08 04:41 PM
    So far I haven't had any problems from sharing my pin, maybe once or twice I've came across pervs but I just delete them and problem solved

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-08 04:45 PM
    I don't share my pin just for convenience. The only people that pin me are my husband and my best friend. It's so much easier to know that when I get the pin signal that its one of them.
    03-05-08 05:46 PM
    I don't have mine in my info but if someone wants it I have no problem putting it in a thread. 20650E97.

03-05-08 06:48 PM
    I'm okay with sharing my PIN--just ask! LOL
    03-05-08 06:52 PM
    I have only given mine to friends. I have never given it to anybody on CB.
    03-05-08 06:53 PM
    Too many crazies out there!!!! Once they have it that's it....that's ok I'll pass.
    03-05-08 06:55 PM
    I do share my pin....but have never used the BBMessenger. (

Someday I'll have friends that are cool enough to own a BB!!

(I guess so far...I'm the coolest one) )
    03-05-08 07:03 PM
    Most of my BlackBerry-owning friends I met on CrackBerry... They wouldn't be as close friends if it want for PIN sharing.

03-05-08 07:14 PM
    i have a few friends with bb's, but i have no idea nor do they of how to use the pin along with bb messenger.
    03-05-08 09:39 PM
    I don't have a problem sharing my pin. Of course I'm usually too busy to chat but there are times that I would enjoy it. None of my friends have a BB so the only people I could chat with are here at CB.
    03-05-08 09:43 PM
    Some people are really cool and stay that way. Some are really cool then get annoying and ignore when you're unavailable and continue to send messages. Then some people change so you ignore them completely, then lose interest and just delete them. Then they send you a PM asking why they got deleted. I used to share but now I honestly think I'm jaded. Are there any cool, laid back, honest, easy going normal people with RIM devices out there?
    03-05-08 09:49 PM
    Some people are really cool and stay that way. Some are really cool then get annoying and ignore when you're unavailable and continue to send messages. Then some people change so you ignore them completely, then lose interest and just delete them. Then they send you a PM asking why they got deleted. I used to share but now I honestly think I'm jaded. Are there any cool, laid back, honest, easy going normal people with RIM devices out there?
    uhm, I think there are a couple....
    03-05-08 09:52 PM
    ....And some people get added back on because of some lame excuse. Ugly cycle but it happens when you're willing to meet new people.
    03-05-08 10:13 PM
    I don't have too many friends in RL that have BBs. I wish my hubby had one, but he got a Blackjack II instead.

*sigh*

Seriously, I don't mind my PIN being out there. But if I don't have time to chat, I don't.
    03-05-08 10:23 PM
    what is the pin used for? Mine is 23EF8330 for what ever its worth
    03-05-08 10:29 PM
    It's used to add folks to your BB messenger. It's also used to identify you BB for some apps.
    03-05-08 10:31 PM
    It's used to add folks to your BB messenger. It's also used to identify you BB for some apps.
    ok, so how do i do that? that sounds fun!
    03-05-08 10:33 PM
    when i try to add a contact to bb messenger, it just asks for an email address...what gives!
    03-05-08 10:36 PM
    From the BBM > Add a Contact > Scroll up to "Use Once" > Press the Menu Key > Request By PIN > Add Pin # and Edit the Msg.
    03-05-08 10:48 PM
    Ok, i just made my first contact via BB messenger! that is the coolest thing ever! I love my BB even more now
    03-05-08 10:53 PM
    i really dont see it being that big a problem since an unwanted request is easily combated with a denial of chat. didn't everyones parents tell 'em not to talk to strangers with candy? hahah. but in any case i think its fine.
    03-05-08 11:42 PM
    didn't everyones parents tell 'em not to talk to strangers with candy? hahah. but in any case i think its fine.
    My parents taught me to take the candy and kick the stranger in the shin how do i do that with a blackberry? lol!
    03-06-08 12:00 AM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD