T-mobile has the best customer service ever. Whenever I am in a jam they help me out they never say no. Even thought I never asked the for any HOOK UPs they just offerd it. Here is the situation I ran out of my text messages. I thought my cycle ended 1 day before it actually did so I tried to burn out my text's. So I called them up to see why my text messages and min. did not replenish. They told my new cycle had not started yet. With out me even asking the rep offered me to give me 50 free text messages to get me through the day. That is whats up. I am glad I left Sprint
    07-18-08 08:01 AM
    Awesome man!! Glad you shared your experience!! I love TMo... and I do not plan on switching, I have always had great experiences
    07-18-08 08:06 AM
    My latest dealings with Sprint.

Received my new curve early last week and a LG Muziq for the other line on my account. On Sunday the price of the curve drops $29 and the Muziq drops $50. I email e-care and explain to them that I'd like a credit since the price dropped or they can start the '30 day guarantee' process and send me a return kit. Then I'll just buy it at the new price.

Receive an email back saying the electronics market is volatile and prices change so they can't refund me.

Fine. So I contact a CSR via the phone and tell them I'd like a credit due to the prices dropping. They say no problem a credit of $79 will be on your next statement.

So now I reply to e-care's email and explain to them in ****** terminology how its cheaper for Sprint to just give me a credit instead of going through the process of me returning the phone and getting a new one at the new price. At the beginning of the email I made sure to say that a CSR credited me the amount they refused to credit.

Couple hours go by and I don't see the credit on my account. So I get online and chat with a CSR and he says that no credit is showing in the system (Typical Sprint....ALWAYS double check). So the CSR says no problem, I'll put on the credit now. Also gives me my new 'balance' so I'm confident he actually did it.

Couple more hours go by and I get another reply from Sprint E-care saying. "Because of your situation, we'll be glad to credit you the $79".

Hmmm. So I jump online and look at my account. Sure enough, Sprint credited me TWICE!!!!.

Thanks Sprint. For once their bad customer service results in a favorable outcome for me.
    07-18-08 08:15 AM
    My latest dealings with Sprint.

Received my new curve early last week and a LG Muziq for the other line on my account. On Sunday the price of the curve drops $29 and the Muziq drops $50. I email e-care and explain to them that I'd like a credit since the price dropped or they can start the '30 day guarantee' process and send me a return kit. Then I'll just buy it at the new price.

Receive an email back saying the electronics market is volatile and prices change so they can't refund me.

Fine. So I contact a CSR via the phone and tell them I'd like a credit due to the prices dropping. They say no problem a credit of $79 will be on your next statement.

So now I reply to e-care's email and explain to them in ****** terminology how its cheaper for Sprint to just give me a credit instead of going through the process of me returning the phone and getting a new one at the new price. At the beginning of the email I made sure to say that a CSR credited me the amount they refused to credit.

Couple hours go by and I don't see the credit on my account. So I get online and chat with a CSR and he says that no credit is showing in the system (Typical Sprint....ALWAYS double check). So the CSR says no problem, I'll put on the credit now. Also gives me my new 'balance' so I'm confident he actually did it.

Couple more hours go by and I get another reply from Sprint E-care saying. "Because of your situation, we'll be glad to credit you the $79".

Hmmm. So I jump online and look at my account. Sure enough, Sprint credited me TWICE!!!!.

Thanks Sprint. For once their bad customer service results in a favorable outcome for me.
    WOW , SPRINT SUCKS SO BAD THAT THERE GOOD
    07-18-08 08:21 AM
    WOW , SPRINT SUCKS SO BAD THAT THERE GOOD
    Bro, don't turn this into a bashing session. This is a friendly site.
    07-18-08 08:25 AM

x2

And I've been with Sprint since '99. I'd say compared to other big businesses I've dealt with for cable/satellite subs, VOIP subs, mortgages, insurance, etc... Sprint is one of the ones that aren't on my sh*t list.

They've always helped me out and any issues I've had they've made sure is resolved. Yes, there are some CS issues but you just have to be persistent and follow up on certain things. Doesn't take but a few minutes.

Couple that with the 23% discount I get because of a past employer and I'm happy.
    Last edited by RedWings; 07-18-08 at 08:37 AM.
    07-18-08 08:30 AM
    You are right. I just had some bad experiences with Sprint.
    07-18-08 08:36 AM
    wow redwings....um are you getting your money back? if i got charged twice , i would be flipping and cursing like a sailor.
    07-18-08 08:44 AM
    To each his own experience.

VZW service... hmm... well, I'm pleased for the most part. There are pro's/con's for each carrier. I like the fact that if I have an issue, I can take it to the tech support at any full retail store. To my knowledge, none of the other carriers do this (it may have changed, unsure).

This is great for the on-the-go individual, which most of us are. This I found is good and bad. Many will bash the customer service @ VZW for the long wait and other reasons. Many of the times, the long wait is because of people with physical damage (dropped phone, got wet, etc.) and try to get a warranty replacement. Then they get pissed off because VZW tells them they have to go through insurance (if they have it) by phone (not in-store). Then havoc wreaks!

If you have a legitimate problem, VZW CS will accomodate you. Plus, I think they have the best service. --My opinion.
    07-18-08 08:52 AM
    wow redwings....um are you getting your money back? if i got charged twice , i would be flipping and cursing like a sailor.
    You must have read what I wrote wrong.

I was calling them for a credit (i.e. Refund). Instead of giving me the credit once, they gave it to me twice. So what happened is Sprint gave me $158.
    07-18-08 09:04 AM
    Every carrier will have customers with good and bad experiences. For me I have stayed with sprint for something like 10 years and they always hook me up. They are always willing to go out of their way to keep me happy. I don't go balisitc or anything I remain professional and I find most everyone I talk to in CS do the same.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-08 09:33 AM
    I think everyone is going to have good and bad experiences with each carrier-depending on the issue depends on how you view them.

Personally I am 1000% happy with Verizon so far-everytime I have had an issue they fix the problem. My husband smashed his first phone and they gave us a replacement (which was a refurb) about 2 weeks later th ephone would turn itself on and off randomnly when ever it wanted....so we brought it back, they gave us a brand new phone right out of the box.

So far-2 1/2 years later we have no major complaints about VZW
    07-18-08 11:51 AM
    AT&T recently was very very good to us. I generally never have billing issues or anything and have been with AT&T/Cingular/AT&T for SUCH a long time.......I've never had any other carrier....

anyway my 12 year old went a bit nutso on texting (he originally had a 200 message plan) and went WAY over.

I generally check his texts online (he has no internet access) but for some reason it kept saying error when I'd go to check them. I wasn't able to monitor how many texts he had been making.

When I got the bill and realized he had gone over his allotted texts by oh say 700ish I about fell over......(this kid has a regular LG phone, so texting isn't as easy!) I called AT&T and they were amazing......because I had been a customer for so long AND because I had recently upgraded they decided to eat the charges. We also blocked texting on his phone as a punishment.

SO great!
    07-18-08 04:46 PM
    i agree, they actually give a hoot. Other providers read off a script.
    07-18-08 05:11 PM
    I've had pretty good dealings with AT&T for the most part. I was very impressed with how they worked with me after a lil twerp stole my phone and purchased all types of ring tones. I've only had one negative issue CS but it was solved with a refund and all is well. Long time satisfied customer here
    07-18-08 05:37 PM
    I think all of us have had good and bad experiences with CS with every carrier we have been with. Over the years I have been with Sprint, Verizon, Cingular, T-Mobile and BellSouth Cellular (which of course became Cingular and then AT&T). So I have been with pretty much all of them and they are what they are. No getting around it... some of their Reps are super helpful, others could care less. But that is just the service business and we all have to live with it.

I am curently with T-Mobile and I have to say that when all is said and done, they are not half bad. I am not sure I could ask for more!
    07-18-08 05:45 PM
    I have been with Verizon for about 8 years and I have nothing but great things to say about their over the phone service. Its a hit and miss if you go in the store but their Cust Svc over the phone is the best!!!

My problems always gets resolved during that first phone call.

I deal with customers on the phone all day as well so I know what good service is. Kudos to VZW!!!!!
    07-18-08 06:18 PM
    Carriers I had and what I think about them based on my dealings...

Just for the record, I am in the Chicago-land Area.

AT&T - Had them about 4 years ago. Hated the network, phones were cool. They had a large selection of phones and they've always seemed to get the latest and greatest first. Had problems with dropped calls when driving - the handshake process from tower to tower was horrible. Customer service was friendly and always open.

T-Mobile - OMG... They are a good company overseas. They stink in the U.S. I got nothing but dropped calls, especially durning rush hour. I swear the network automatically drops calls to avoid a network blow-up. Customer service. LOL. Yeah right. If you call them after hours, say 10pm, too bad, you are out of luck. They have also since started dropping coverage in non-rural areas and outsourcing to third party carriers. My friend's family recently got dropped because his son moved to a non-rural area and he was using their extended network (third party). I don't see this company doing anything here in the US in the future..Sorry.

Nextel - They were great before Sprint bought them out. I give them props for the walkie-talkie feature. No carrier , in my words, has perfected the direct connect feature like nextel. Again, before they got bought out by sprint they were superior (years ago).

Sprint - Cool phones, lousey service. Why does this company have so many dead zones. Good luck with their customer service. And, don't call them too many times because they will drop you!

Verizon - Customer service is superior. They take care of you 24/7. If you are inconvienenced, they give you a credit. How generous is that? They don't have the newest phones and are a little slow to get new technology because they are CDMA. But, I feel like they actually test out their stuff and network before they roll anything out. Coverage is great. I've had 1 dropped call in the last 2 years that my phone actually did (no joke).

P.S. I don't work for Verizon no do I own stock in Verizon (damn).
    Last edited by dom9360; 07-18-08 at 06:57 PM.
    07-18-08 06:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD