My fiance and I just got 2 new BlackBerry Curve 8520s, we're both blackberry newbies. We want to be able to share appointments in eachothers calendars. After reading some posts I see that google calendar is one option, but neither of us use that and don't really want to start using it. Another option is Blackberry Unite, but again, we don't want to have to learn to use a new program. Isn't there some sort of way to send an appointment via pin or something? When we got blackberrys I just assumed it would be that easy, I'm dissappointed to find out that it isn't.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance!
    Mike
    12-09-09 03:16 PM
    you could always just write it on a sticky note and give it to your fiance... :-)

I believe you can syn 2 BBs to one Calendar... I use outlook myself, although I've never sync'd two BBs to the same calendar, I'd think it could be done.
    12-09-09 03:19 PM
    When you go to set up an appointment either via bb or outlook, invite her as an attendee. This way she will get a copy of the scheduler in her calendar as well and when she accepts it, you will get an email back indicating she accepted.

She can do the same. My wife and I do this all the time, even though the appointment may not be for me, I know what she has scheduled etc.

She syncs her work stuff through DM at home and I sync my work stuff at my office and if it is something that is on our own time (not work related) we just invite each other as attendees.
    12-09-09 04:12 PM
    If you use outlook, every contact, Appointments, Tasks, MemoPad could be synced to as many BB's as you like.. Just plug it in and there it goes.. Also like somebody else mentioned, you could also invite when you set it up on one BB..
    12-09-09 04:22 PM
    i'm going to start by saying i don't use groups in blackberry messenger so i don't know a lot, but i thought (and i could be completely 100% wrong) that i read bbm groups can sync stuff like that

edit: looks like you can, here's some more info about it
    About BlackBerry Groups
    Last edited by harrison17; 12-09-09 at 04:55 PM.
    12-09-09 04:40 PM
    What my wife and i did was create a (free) google calander use google's sync program, on both of our phones, to sync our two phones together... and when you have it set to auto sync it will update both phones within seconds....that way if you need to input something on the go it will show up on the others calendar before you hit a desktop.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by mjneid; 12-09-09 at 05:29 PM.
    12-09-09 04:51 PM
    i would like to do something similar (I think). My wife and I have a google calendar in which we share entries (cal 1). Then I want to set up a calendar that contains ONLY my entries (cal 2). Cal 2, i would like to sync with outlook via USB. I dont want my Cal 2 entries to go to Cal 1 and I dont want the Cal 1 entries to go to outlook.

What is the best way to set this up?

Thanks
    12-09-09 05:38 PM
    Thanks to all who responded.
    I ended up creating a group in Blackberry Messenger for my fiance and I. Now after I've created a new appointment in my calendar I can just select it, hit the menu button and then select "Share event with group". It then gets added right into my finace's calendar.
    12-13-09 10:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD