Ok I know you can set it to where you know if your email has been read. Can you turn off the setting on your bb to where someone else can not see your read a email that been sent to you?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-09 08:27 AM
    Huh? What's the difference? When someone sends you an email it doesn't show to the person who sent if it was read or not. If you don't want the person you know you opened it, don't open it. Is this another jealous girlfriend checking her man's phone and doesn't want him to know it?

05-15-09 08:49 AM
    Are you talking about "Read receipts"? Please elaborate.
    05-15-09 08:54 AM
    No to the bottom question. Lol sometimes I read a email and don't have a answer right away for the sender.
    Huh? What's the difference? When someone sends you an email it doesn't show to the person who sent if it was read or not. If you don't want the person you know you opened it, don't open it. Is this another jealous girlfriend checking her man's phone and doesn't want him to know it?

05-15-09 09:00 AM
    yes that's what I'm talking about. Can you turn off read receipts
    . Where the sender is not aware you read his email yet.thanks
    Are you talking about "Read receipts"? Please elaborate.
    05-15-09 09:03 AM
    Dave you can send a read receipt with your email. Go to messages/options/email settings and "confirm read" set to yes. This way you know if someone reads the email you sent.
    To the OP. If you dont want them to know that you read it go to where I pointed you to and change all your settings to no. You can leave confirm delivery to yes if you want them to know you got it but havent read it. Leave send read receipts to no though. Personally I have mine all set to no.
    Last edited by rlp32; 05-15-09 at 09:05 AM. Reason: typo
    05-15-09 09:04 AM
    Go to oprtions, email settings, choose your email then change confirm read to no

05-15-09 09:06 AM
    This might clear it up better.
    Request delivery or read confirmation for email messages
    Verify that your wireless service provider supports this feature.
    1. In a message list, press the Menu key.
    2. Click Options.
    3. Click Email Settings.
    4. If necessary, change the Message Services field to the email account that uses the BlackBerry Internet Service.
    5. Perform any of the following actions:
    • To send read notification when a sender requests it, change the Send Read Receipts field.
    • To request delivery or read notification when you send email messages, change the Confirm Delivery and Confirm Read fields.
    6. Press the Menu key.
    7. Click Save.
    05-15-09 09:16 AM
    I have a problem, that I recieve read receipts from all my emails I send out saying that they were read, accept from yahoo accounts. Does anyone know why or how to fix this because I would like that info from some of those yahoo accounts.
    05-27-09 02:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD