I have a BBtour and am trying to set up a gamil hosted imap account...I htink that is correct anyway.

we have an independent email address from my school but gamil hosts our email. does anyone know how to do this? I have tried to google this and the info is all very old.

Thanks!
    04-14-11 10:59 AM
    You should be able to set it up like any other email account.

On the device select setup \ Internet Email, and enter the said information.
    04-14-11 11:07 AM
    that does not work as the gmail is not the address but there is no where for me to enter the server name and then the email address.
    04-14-11 11:12 AM
    I understand that...

I have a Google Apps account, thus, my email address is NOT @gmail.com either, and it works for me.

Not sure what OS you're running, but on my 9700, running OS6, I can go to Setup \ Internet Email, and setup an email account, in this case my personal Google Apps account (whatever @ whatever dot com), and it works.

I think you need to give a little more info, and error messages, etc.
    04-14-11 11:15 AM
    Sorry! I can only choose from several options (yahoo, gmail, etc) or 'other'

When i go to 'other' it askes for an email @ whatever.com and password.

There is no other option to enter a server name, etc. I am so confused. I know what I need to add (imap dot gmail dot com) and then my user name daisy at smallschool dot net and password but there is no where to add all this infor and no option to add it by a right click or whatever.

I am usually pretty good at this stuff but this is throwing me for a loop!

I think the Tour is a bit different and why it is no longer made!!LOL!
    04-14-11 11:23 AM
    It might be an OS flaw. Because, on my device, I can choose GMail, BUT, I can edit the line for the address, i.e. it defaults for you to @gmail.com, but, I click in the field and edit it, thus making it [email protected]...

So, you're saying you do not have that option\can't do this on your device, correct?
    04-14-11 11:28 AM
    I can edit it but that does not work as I have the imap address as well as a different email address and password. I tried putting imap address int he address line but then it says that it is not valid
    04-14-11 12:04 PM
    I figuredit all out! Thanks for the support! I am feeling very 'techno savvy' today!
    04-14-11 12:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD