I'm trying to setup a new Blackberry for a shared mailbox that has no password. There are several people who have access to this mailbox, but only one person has the Blackberry at any time. I see that ActiveSync will not work so I'm trying to set it up using IMAP. But it's requiring a password. Is there anyway around that?
    12-09-15 12:28 PM
    I never thought it was possible to make an account without password. You sure?

Posted via CB10
    12-09-15 02:31 PM
    I don't know a lot about Exchange Server, but we access both mailboxes from the same Outlook instance. We have a password for our specific emails, but no password that we all use to see the shared mailbox. Our admins have to give us access to see it. Our previous blackberry (sorry, I don't know the model) was setup for the shared mailbox but our tech people can't seem to setup this one.
    12-11-15 12:05 PM
    I don't know what is your business reason to do this, but generally it is really a terrible idea to have an email account without password. Anyway, if I'm not wrong password policy can be set in the Exchange server in account-by-account basis, so the problem is not in the server. Maybe there is some kind of MDM software set up in your IT environment so that mobile devices always need passwords when accessing email accounts, you should check that with your IT Dept.

And again, why not set a password for the shared mailbox, and share the password to the relevant users ? Still terrible idea, but not as horrible as email accounts without passwords. Or better still, ask your IT Dept to automatically forward emails that come the shared inbox to users' respective emails, and then each users can setup a rule to sort those emails into specific folders.
    12-11-15 12:27 PM