Hello, have you finally achieved the video showing the prototype ?
    The prototype is all put together, just need to have the video made. It will be uploaded sometime this week.
    guizmox likes this.
    07-25-21 03:52 PM
    The prototype is all put together, just need to have the video made. It will be uploaded sometime this week.
    Thank you ; can we see a picture before you release the video ?
    app_Developer and zer0ten like this.
    07-25-21 04:36 PM
    Suggestion....

Don't restart your campaign till you have a video or two ready, a number of photos and have shown them all here. Might can find out what people are most interested in knowing or what's holding them back. And what you might be able to offer answers for them, as well as others.
    cribble2k likes this.
    07-27-21 07:30 AM
    Any news ?
    08-02-21 12:53 PM
    Any news ?
    Higher instances of COVID are an issue. The actors are wanting high pay for the risks, the director isn't happy about the set designs and the catering company had to cancel.... so the whole shoot is on hold.

It seems like he is planning to do another run... my guess is he is just waiting for this one to run out and then he'll redo it with the additional info that's been requested.
    08-02-21 02:19 PM
    Higher instances of COVID are an issue. The actors are wanting high pay for the risks, the director isn't happy about the set designs and the catering company had to cancel.... so the whole shoot is on hold.

It seems like he is planning to do another run... my guess is he is just waiting for this one to run out and then he'll redo it with the additional info that's been requested.
    Sorry, we have been busy and are still working on the video. We will release the video of the design being used and then look for feedback on the design. If the design is liked, then we would continue pursuing it in our product. If not, we have been looking at other design options.

SES
    08-02-21 10:38 PM
    Sorry, we have been busy and are still working on the video. We will release the video of the design being used and then look for feedback on the design. If the design is liked, then we would continue pursuing it in our product. If not, we have been looking at other design options.

SES
    You said the prototype is complete. How about take less than 30 seconds and upload a picture here on Crackberry for us to see?
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and cribble2k like this.
    08-02-21 10:59 PM
    As an Indiegogo backer I'm a bit upset about the lack of communication from the company. I backed the project to support the initiative, even if I had a lot of interrogations (like many others) but the campaign ended, no written update from SES, Still waiting for the expected prototype video... I'm aware that it takes a lot of time to work on all aspects of that kind of project (social medias, marketing, hardware, software...) but I feel it's been rushed and people behind it do not have enough time to work on it ?
    Last edited by guizmox; 08-08-21 at 08:02 AM.
    08-07-21 02:49 PM
    Everybody needs to understand that people loved the keyboard because of BlackBerry and not the opposite!

So, once there isn't BlackBerry, keyboard on phones will die out
    08-07-21 05:19 PM
    Everybody needs to understand that people loved the keyboard because of BlackBerry and not the opposite!

Or the keyboard won't be as good because it doesn't have the right feel. Then everyone can complain about that lol.
    08-07-21 06:23 PM

No, keyboard does not necessarily equal BlackBerry.

For example, Nokia made some damn good E series "BB ripoffs" back in the day.
    guizmox likes this.
    08-07-21 08:58 PM
    As an Indiegogo backer I'm a bit upset about the lack of information from the company. I backed the project to support the initiative, even if I had a lot of interrogations (like many others) but the campaign ended, no written update from SES, Still waiting for the expected prototype video... I'm aware that it takes a lot of time to work on all aspects of that kind of project (social medias, marketing, hardware, software...) but I feel it's been rushed and people behind it do not have enough time to work on it ?
    Unfortunately, as was PMed to me a few weeks ago by a member in the know, there is no "people" behind this. The OP is in fact a teenager and this appears to be some sort of fantasy high school project.

The whole debacle makes sense now when you realize this reality.
    08-08-21 08:02 AM
    Anyone know what the general assessment was for how well the Typo attachment was, before it was stopped by BlackBerry from selling/producing?
    08-08-21 08:04 AM

SES
    Any comment about the situation ?
    08-08-21 09:15 AM
    Unfortunately, as was PMed to me a few weeks ago by a member in the know, there is no "people" behind this. The OP is in fact a teenager and this appears to be some sort of fantasy high school project.

The whole debacle makes sense now when you realize this reality.
    You could be right - but even if it's a student project, it could be a serious one. We just want some information... SES told us from the start about the "coming soon" prototype, if it really exists, I would like him to show us. If it never existed, a single statement about the project being just a student exercise would be enough.
    08-08-21 09:19 AM
    You could be right - but even if it's a student project, it could be a serious one. We just want some information... SES told us from the start about the "coming soon" prototype, if it really exists, I would like him to show us. If it never existed, a single statement about the project being just a student exercise would be enough.
    If a completed prototype actually existed, and if the OP actually wanted to get backers, he would have at least posted a picture.
    08-08-21 09:21 AM
    No, keyboard does not necessarily equal BlackBerry.

For example, Nokia made some damn good E series "BB ripoffs" back in the day.
    They did indeed, but in my opinion /experience the Nokia keyboards were no match for those made by BlackBerry; although I might argue that they were considerably better than anything we are offered today.
    I spent a longtime with the (highly capable) Nokia E71 before briefly moving to the (much less capable) Nokia E6, and then over to BlackBerry and the Bold 9900. The 9900 was a revelation, and typing on it was effortless. That PKB coupled with BBOS7 and the trackpad made for a highly productive workhorse. Never bettered in my opinion, and although the Q10 and KEYone* keyboards were acceptable, personally, I could never match the speed & productivity of my 9900 when working with those later devices. I invariably landed back with the 9900 (before finally giving up, realising that nothing was going to match those halcyon days).
    I do hope that I’m wrong, and I had been watching & rooting for this project but, I really can’t see how any peripheral add-on keyboard is ever going to match the performance, comfort & joy of the original BlackBerrys.

*the KEYone keyboard was very similar the Nokia PKBs of old, with domed rather than the ergonomically sculpted keys found on the Bold.
    Laura Knotek and idssteve like this.
    08-09-21 02:23 AM
    They did indeed, but in my opinion /experience the Nokia keyboards were no match for those made by BlackBerry; although I might argue that they were considerably better than anything we are offered today.
    I spent a longtime with the (highly capable) Nokia E71 before briefly moving to the (much less capable) Nokia E6, and then over to BlackBerry and the Bold 9900. The 9900 was a revelation, and typing on it was effortless. That PKB coupled with BBOS7 and the trackpad made for a highly productive workhorse. Never bettered in my opinion, and although the Q10 and KEYone* keyboards were acceptable, personally, I could never match the speed & productivity of my 9900 when working with those later devices. I invariably landed back with the 9900 (before finally giving up, realising that nothing was going to match those halcyon days).
    I do hope that I’m wrong, and I had been watching & rooting for this project but, I really can’t see how any peripheral add-on keyboard is ever going to match the performance, comfort & joy of the original BlackBerrys.

*the KEYone keyboard was very similar the Nokia PKBs of old, with domed rather than the ergonomically sculpted keys found on the Bold.
    Back in the day folks would compare the BB Keyboard to Palm, Nokia or some Windows Mobile phone... BlackBerry always won the day. But then the Q10 came along.....

Problem is today, there isn't an OS designed around supporting a PKB, nor an ecosystem designed around it either. And for many a PKB phone should be something like a Classic or the Titan Pocket, who's display is even less supported.

We don't know sales numbers for the Jio Phone 2, but clearly it wasn't worth doing again. Unihertz might not sell 20K units... with two PKB devices. What the KEY2 did was actually amazing in comparisons, how much was due to the Name and the Security and how much to the Form Factor?

Either way this idea of a one size fits all PKB accessory got the support it deserved.
    08-09-21 07:32 AM

Problem is today, there isn't an OS designed around supporting a PKB, nor an ecosystem designed around it either.
    I don't understand this claim:

Whether on a slab or on a KEYBerry, in most cases you have to tap somewhere on the screen to start entering text. So how does the VKB have an advantage here?

And there are more apps than you think where you can just start typing away on the PKB without tapping first.
    08-09-21 07:33 PM

Whether on a slab or on a KEYBerry, in most cases you have to tap somewhere on the screen to start entering text. So how does the VKB have an advantage here?

And there are more apps than you think where you can just start typing away on the PKB without tapping first.
    What about apps that are not based on entering text?
    08-09-21 08:07 PM
    What about apps that are not based on entering text?
    What about them? What's the question?
    08-09-21 08:39 PM
    What about them? What's the question?
    How would styles of keyboards matter for those apps?
    08-09-21 10:04 PM

The claim is we are never going to get back to the point where the keyboard is what it was back on BBOS with the 9900. OS, Hardware and Ecosystem all designed around the keyboard.
    08-10-21 07:02 AM
    How would styles of keyboards matter for those apps?
    They wouldn't, but there's always the added benefit of Ctrl Z/Y/C/V/X
    08-10-21 07:09 AM
    The claim is we are never going to get back to the point where the keyboard is what it was back on BBOS with the 9900. OS, Hardware and Ecosystem all designed around the keyboard.
    That's right. However for example, Unihertz could have tried to implement the home button/fp sensor to have been a BB style optical trackpad, which could function like that mouse hack back in the KEYone days before it got the Oreo update.
    08-10-21 07:11 AM
413 ... 45678 ...