I think a better idea would be to have a few different models based on the most common phone dimensions. There's just no way you're going to have this thing work the same for say an iPhone SE and a Note 10. There's going to be wasted space and plastic sticking out everywhere.

If you can prove me wrong then I would be happy, however.
    06-07-21 09:08 AM
    What would be the ideal size phone for this so it doesn't have a massive jutting chin so to speak?
    That's the problem, they have not communicated well enough how this will really work or what it will really look like with a phone is in it. He talked several times about ordering and then reordering parts... there is some kind of porotype. Even if it's rough or not the same... he need to be showing it with devices in it to help people better "see" how this will look and function.

As it stands with this one video, I doubt they get a 100 backers, much less the 2000 they need to move forward.
    Paulelmar18 likes this.
    06-07-21 09:16 AM
    I wonder about if a "snap on" concept for a keyboard could also be successful, in conjunction maybe with a phone case.

If one has a slab, and most slabs nowadays are bigger than iPhoneSE, maybe the owners of many slabs only really need a PKB periodically when doing real precise longer textual based work. I'll fight through VKB issues for doing short and medium posts to CB and AC for example. However, it often gets frustrating for when I have to do emails that are longer than short, or something like editing a googleDocs file. For the real work for me, I head to a laptop for that fuller keyboard and mouse toolset. However, with my Q10 for work for example, I'd not have to head to the laptop as early as with my current work slab. With a small snap on keyboard, one that could be quickly snapped on and off once and a while, maybe it would also serve to reduce heading off to a laptop. Maybe more folks would be willing to purchase a relatively inexpensive snap on keyboard that they could also separately carry around in their pants or shirt pocket, as opposed to rigging their phone up to something bigger that has to stay on their phone more semi-permanently.

For this post for example, I would have spent 20 seconds to snap on and then another 20 seconds later to snap it back off, a keyboard onto my Samsung A21, for the VKB frustrations I had to suffer through (and that's even with using BlackBerry VKB). When I check the weather forecast I'm going to be checking a few minutes after making this post however, I don't want to have the keyboard on the bottom or folded up on the back.
    howarmat and the_boon like this.
    06-07-21 01:36 PM
    What would be the ideal size phone for this so it doesn't have a massive jutting chin so to speak?
    There really isn't an ideal size phone, all work without the keyboard jutting out on the bottom. I will be making a video showing the demo soon to demonstrate this but I will try to put this into words.

Notice the screws sticking out on the back of the TYPE I? These screws go into a long divot which means that the screws can be moved along the divot, raising and lowering the keyboard. By raising and lowering the keyboard, the height of the keyboard can be changed so there isn't a chin jutting out. These screws attach to the silicone bumper around the phone which stretches to fit all phones.

Let me know if that explains this for you.

SES
    06-07-21 04:24 PM
    @SES Mobile Accessories

See if you can log in now to your original account here on CB
    06-07-21 04:47 PM
    @SES Mobile Accessories

See if you can log in now to your original account here on CB
    Thank you!
    06-07-21 04:51 PM
    I think a better idea would be to have a few different models based on the most common phone dimensions. There's just no way you're going to have this thing work the same for say an iPhone SE and a Note 10. There's going to be wasted space and plastic sticking out everywhere.

If you can prove me wrong then I would be happy, however.
    Hi zer0ten,

Here's what I mentioned just recently. Let me know if this answers your question:

There really isn't an ideal size phone, all work without the keyboard jutting out on the bottom. I will be making a video showing the demo soon to demonstrate this but I will try to put this into words.

Notice the screws sticking out on the back of the TYPE I? These screws go into a long divot which means that the screws can be moved along the divot, raising and lowering the keyboard. By raising and lowering the keyboard, the height of the keyboard can be changed so there isn't a chin jutting out. These screws attach to the silicone bumper around the phone which stretches to fit all phones.

Let me know if that explains this for you.

SES
    06-07-21 04:52 PM
    The silicone bumper is very easy to remove and can be removed/attached in around 20 seconds. It is not a permanent attachment in any sense and is made to be removable. Let me know if you have any questions. I will be making a video with a dummy prototype which should better explain the product.

SES
    06-07-21 04:54 PM
    @SES Mobile Accessories, got your pm. Can't seem to successfully reply PM... lol Yes, I'm forwarding your email address. Hope that's ok. Also seeking permission to send you some contact info. Definitely interested. They might prefer to work through me initially, tho. They're pretty cautious about "public" exposure.

A couple clients have expressed interest as well... hedzup.

One question: What is the width range of handsets accommodated?
    06-07-21 10:26 PM
    @SES Mobile Accessories, got your pm. Can't seem to successfully reply PM... lol Yes, I'm forwarding your email address. Hope that's ok. Also seeking permission to send you some contact info. Definitely interested. They might prefer to work through me initially, tho. They're pretty cautious about "public" exposure.

A couple clients have expressed interest as well... hedzup.

One question: What is the width range of handsets accommodated?
    Replied back to you.

Width of the handset is most phones as well. I have tested on the iPhone SE and Note 10+ and had no issues with the width of the device nor the length. Let me know if you have any questions.

SES
    06-08-21 01:23 AM
    The silicone bumper is very easy to remove and can be removed/attached in around 20 seconds. It is not a permanent attachment in any sense and is made to be removable. Let me know if you have any questions. I will be making a video with a dummy prototype which should better explain the product.

SES
    Sounds interesting.
    06-08-21 05:43 AM
    Sounds interesting.
    Sadly... at this point should be able to say it LOOKS interesting.

Folks have been asking him to show his idea for 20 months here on CrackBerry...
    06-08-21 08:42 AM
    Sadly... at this point should be able to say it LOOKS interesting.

Folks have been asking him to show his idea for 20 months here on CrackBerry...
    Yeah and it's kind of concerning when the OP admits that the only "prototype" he's generated in that time was "very poorly put together (keyboard didn't work, held together with tape, etc)."

WTF?

How are we supposed to have confidence in that?
    06-08-21 10:00 AM
    Yeah and it's kind of concerning when the OP admits that the only "prototype" he's generated in that time was "very poorly put together (keyboard didn't work, held together with tape, etc)."

WTF?

How are we supposed to have confidence in that?
    The prototype proved that the physics of the slider/keyboard worked when typing along with the attaching system.

I've been really busy this past year and a half with other issues and had to put this project on the backburner or even stop working on it due to not being able to devote resources to it. I'm in a place now where I can devote more time to this and will. We are at a point now where once we have the funding, we can immediately start the development/manufacturing of the product. I'm sorry we couldn't get anything nicer out but there will be a nicer prototype made in the next few weeks that will be used for a video better explaining the device.

If you have any questions/comments/concerns please let us know.

SES
    06-08-21 03:56 PM
    Constructive feedback, for or against, I am sure is always useful.
    06-08-21 04:30 PM
    Constructive feedback, for or against, I am sure is always useful.
    At this point, all feedback, constructive or not is useful if you’re asking people to risk losing 100% of their money.
    06-08-21 06:52 PM
    At this point, all feedback, constructive or not is useful if you’re asking people to risk losing 100% of their money.
    The TYPE I campaign is run as a "fixed funding" campaign, meaning that IndieGoGo will refund all of your money if we do not reach the goal.

SES
    06-08-21 07:08 PM
    The TYPE I campaign is run as a "fixed funding" campaign, meaning that IndieGoGo will refund all of your money if we do not reach the goal.

SES
    Yeah, I was about to point out the same thing. It’s good that you chose that option. None of us are at risk unless or until you reach $120k

If and when you do, are you comfortable you have the time to devote to this?
    06-08-21 08:02 PM
    Yeah, I was about to point out the same thing. It’s good that you chose that option. None of us are at risk unless or until you reach $120k

If and when you do, are you comfortable you have the time to devote to this?
    Without a doubt yes.

SES
    app_Developer likes this.
    06-08-21 08:06 PM
    The prototype proved that the physics of the slider/keyboard worked when typing along with the attaching system.

I've been really busy this past year and a half with other issues and had to put this project on the backburner or even stop working on it due to not being able to devote resources to it. I'm in a place now where I can devote more time to this and will. We are at a point now where once we have the funding, we can immediately start the development/manufacturing of the product. I'm sorry we couldn't get anything nicer out but there will be a nicer prototype made in the next few weeks that will be used for a video better explaining the device.

If you have any questions/comments/concerns please let us know.

SES
    I mean, I feel like people need to see something physical before they pledge their cash. Why not just delay the Indiegogo until you've got it built?

You say it will be done in a few weeks? That could be halfway through the Indiegogo deadline at that point.

I'm 100% going to back this project when I actually see it in action (at least somewhat) and I'm sure many others feel the same.
    Last edited by zer0ten; 06-09-21 at 08:00 AM.
    howarmat and Paulelmar18 like this.
    06-08-21 08:38 PM
    I mean, I feel like people need to see something physical before they pledge their cash. Why not just delay the kickstarter until you've got it built?

You say it will be done in a few weeks? That could be halfway through the kickstarter deadline at that point.

I'm 100% going to back this project when I actually see it in action (at least somewhat) and I'm sure many others feel the same.
    very well put! I feel 100% the same and will continue waiting until I see a fully functioning prototype before backing this project.
    zer0ten likes this.
    06-08-21 08:53 PM
    It's like buying a cinema ticket without having seen the movie trailer/teaser : I just places my trust in the movie and hope it will be a good one.
    I mean - sometimes, I don't know why, we would like the product to be almost completed before backing it ; it's like going into a theater and pay the ticket after the movie show if we think that it was good enough.
    - No offense, it's just my opinion - I'm aware that backing this is not exactly the price of a movie ticket... but still, I think it's quite reasonable.

On a side note I believe that Indiegogo projects creators does not always have funds to create prototypes. I don't know how it costs to build a Type I prototype (and the time spent on the project) but I like the idea of trying to bring an idea to life despite the lack of initial funds.
    Last edited by guizmox; 06-09-21 at 03:52 AM.
    06-09-21 03:13 AM

SES
    What happens after the goal is achieved, between time of starting production and the actual shipment?
    06-09-21 07:24 PM
    We have recently posted on Android Central and on iMore along with some Reddit forums to spread the word. We will also have some more information coming soon.

SES
    Is the AC thread now gone? I know the placeholder thread is gone, and that's fine because SES created a real thread. However, I now can't seem to find the SES thread on AC.
    06-10-21 07:07 AM
    Is the AC thread now gone? I know the placeholder thread is gone, and that's fine because SES created a real thread. However, I now can't seem to find the SES thread on AC.
    It got deleted and then we got banned from posting. Guessing they thought it was spam but we will look into talking it with the moderators.

SES
    06-10-21 11:06 AM
413 12345 ...