A larger KB is for serious typing. The PKB or VKB is pretty irrelevant unless we’re going to somehow claim that serious typing means not looking at KB while typing.
    Not just that, but also when most people lack the patience to type longer text entries on a VKB, that says it all to me about how the VKB is simple an incomplete substitute to a real KB, whether mobile or desktop.
    09-17-21 08:32 AM
    Not just that, but also when most people lack the patience to type longer text entries on a VKB, that says it all to me about how the VKB is simple an incomplete substitute to a real KB, whether mobile or desktop.
    100% I think people would prefer to type on a PKB rather than a VKB......

1000% people don't want a full time PKB in the way all the time.

10,000% they don't want to pay an extra $150 for a slide out keyboard, or give up something else. If they did, OEMs would be all over that design.

So we are where we are.... a niche that is too small to support the needs and desires of the many factions of PKB lovers.
    cribble2k likes this.
    09-17-21 08:45 AM
    But I think longer text entries in and of itself on a mobile device have become less expected just as email conversations via mobile device aren’t what they were ten years ago.

Ten years ago customers were using email for professional dialogue but didn’t expect mobile device user to have all relevant information accessible from a mobile device hence the BlackBerry heyday.

Once the apps gave the ability to access the information greater, the users need the larger screen more for the information data and understanding than actual text or email discussion alone. The assumption would be that a slider would be the solution but it’s proved otherwise.

Users have compromised by accepting shorter text and email conversations for the VKB form over sliders and PKBs as simple preferred method. It goes back to prioritization of features. Dealing with customers today in many industries requires a level of media consumption to service those customer issues.
    pdr733 likes this.
    09-17-21 09:09 AM
    But I think longer text entries in and of itself on a mobile device have become less expected just as email conversations via mobile device aren’t what they were ten years ago.

Ten years ago customers were using email for professional dialogue but didn’t expect mobile device user to have all relevant information accessible from a mobile device hence the BlackBerry heyday.

Once the apps gave the ability to access the information greater, the users need the larger screen more for the information data and understanding than actual text or email discussion alone. The assumption would be that a slider would be the solution but it’s proved otherwise.

Users have compromised by accepting shorter text and email conversations for the VKB form over sliders and PKBs as simple preferred method. It goes back to prioritization of features. Dealing with customers today in many industries requires a level of media consumption to service those customer issues.

09-17-21 10:17 AM
    100% I think people would prefer to type on a PKB rather than a VKB......

1000% people don't want a full time PKB in the way all the time.

10,000% they don't want to pay an extra $150 for a slide out keyboard, or give up something else. If they did, OEMs would be all over that design.

So we are where we are.... a niche that is too small to support the needs and desires of the many factions of PKB lovers.
    A snap on snap off keyboard attachment concept for maybe 100$ seems neat to me.
    Laserdrome3 likes this.
    09-17-21 08:36 PM

You composed that with your phone's PKB? I'm glad that it works for you, however, that PKB won't make up for the lack of grammar in your post.
    09-18-21 02:47 AM
    You composed that with your phone's PKB? I'm glad that it works for you, however, that PKB won't make up for the lack of grammar in your post.
    Sister Ann, is that you? I have Penance Hall again for not writing to my capabilities? Not Sister Ann, I use the VKB on my Pixel 5a, iPhone XR and iPad to post here.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    09-18-21 06:15 AM
    Hey all,

Our suggestion survey is posted here and on our forms social media: https://forms.gle/J2oUkrNjbpcM5Vc79

Please share with others who are interested in a keyboard attachment for smartphones! We would love to receive as much feedback as we can for the project so we can make the best possible product!

Thank you all for your continued support and openness with SES Mobile Accessories!

SES
    Last edited by SES Mobile Accessories; 10-28-21 at 02:52 AM.
    09-20-21 01:08 AM
    Hey all,

Our suggestion survey is posted...
    Maybe consider unchecking the "must be signed into google to complete the form" option.
    09-20-21 06:31 AM
    Interesting concept. I'm in.
    Last edited by Paulelmar18; 09-20-21 at 09:27 AM.
    09-20-21 07:01 AM
    Maybe consider unchecking the "must be signed into google to complete the form" option.
    Thank you for noticing that, it has been changed to not require Google sign in.

SES
    johnsliderbb likes this.
    09-20-21 08:04 AM
    Interesting cocept. I'm in.
    It was just as interesting two years ago...
    brookie229 and cribble2k like this.
    09-20-21 08:38 AM
    Interesting concept. I'm in.
    Same here!
    09-20-21 01:44 PM
    Sister Ann, is that you? I have Penance Hall again for not writing to my capabilities? Not Sister Ann, I use the VKB on my Pixel 5a, iPhone XR and iPad to post here.
    My apologies for judging you.

Apple's VKB is top in the industry. I feel a little "let down" by your previous reply, I suppose.
    09-23-21 09:57 PM

Apple's VKB is top in the industry.
    Lol
    cribble2k and johnsliderbb like this.
    09-23-21 10:31 PM
    My apologies for judging you.

Apple's VKB is top in the industry. I feel a little "let down" by your previous reply, I suppose.
    It's absolutely awful - and many iPhone users would say the same.
    Trouveur likes this.
    09-23-21 11:24 PM
    It's absolutely awful - and many iPhone users would say the same.
    And it still doesn't take advantage of the industry-leading haptic motor that's in the phone. No vibration while typing. Only on Gboard, but it's very weak, and feels even worse than the KEYone's motor
    09-24-21 06:17 AM
    We are still looking for responses for our survey! If you want to have your opinion be part of our new product development, please take part!

https://forms.gle/J2oUkrNjbpcM5Vc79

SES
    09-24-21 03:50 PM
    We are still looking for responses for our survey! If you want to have your opinion be part of our new product development, please take part!

https://forms.gle/J2oUkrNjbpcM5Vc79

SES
    So what did your survey tell you?
    10-14-21 08:56 AM
    So what did your survey tell you?
    As of now, it's a close race between vertical slider and on screen attachment, with on screen attachment having a slight edge. We are still going to try and get more responses.

SES
    10-15-21 10:58 AM
    As of now, it's a close race between vertical slider and on screen attachment, with on screen attachment having a slight edge. We are still going to try and get more responses.

SES
    The question would be can you do an onscreen attachment? Samsung built in software changes that reformatted everything to fit above the attachment, is that something you can do?
    10-15-21 11:49 AM
    The question would be can you do an onscreen attachment? Samsung built in software changes that reformatted everything to fit above the attachment, is that something you can do?
    I was thinking that. If it's like Samsung's S8 keyboard cover, you have to be able to make the screen automatically adjust when the keyboard is clipped on.
    10-15-21 01:16 PM
    I was thinking that. If it's like Samsung's S8 keyboard cover, you have to be able to make the screen automatically adjust when the keyboard is clipped on.
    Yeah I think the only option is the TYPO like attachment that is below the screen - either permanently or some sliding mechanism.

But the key is it has to fit, be balanced, stable and affordable in the market that it's aimed at. Something his 1st design never "showed", and I doubt was achievable.

In the end I doubted this could be done, and after two years he has only added to the doubt that it would be possible to do with the one size fits all requirement.

I'd like folks to have the option, but it will take some engineering and production magic that he hasn't shown.
    10-15-21 01:41 PM
    It would be very challenging to have a software change like what Samsung did, especially on iOS phones. This would be an attachment that would fit over the onscreen keyboard and would be taken off the screen when not typing.

SES
    10-15-21 02:03 PM
    That might be too much on/off, given that the VKBs frequently appear and disappear.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and Smokeaire like this.
    10-15-21 02:06 PM
413 ... 910111213 ...