What happens after the goal is achieved, between time of starting production and the actual shipment?
    After the goal is reached, production starts on everything but the keyboard which will need to be FCC/CE and Bluetooth tested and certified. Once certified, the keyboard goes into production.

SES
    06-10-21 11:43 AM
    It got deleted and then we got banned from posting. Guessing they thought it was spam but we will look into talking it with the moderators.

SES
    Jeezzz.

Maybe they have an "anti promotion of other things" policy at AC. They certainly do have some different policies because we can talk about trying to workaround BBProtect until the cows come home here in CB but they will immediately purge stuff like that from AC. Odd because there is I think a common Mobile Nations base.

Did they actually say the ban was due to spam?

The thread still there on iMore?
    06-10-21 04:21 PM
    After the goal is reached, production starts on everything but the keyboard which will need to be FCC/CE and Bluetooth tested and certified. Once certified, the keyboard goes into production.

SES
    And you'll be good with enough cash to get through the whole cert process? When do you think units would ship (roughly. Careful to be vague because otherwise people here will hit reload every single moment until the day you said )
    06-10-21 06:22 PM
    Jeezzz.

Maybe they have an "anti promotion of other things" policy at AC. They certainly do have some different policies because we can talk about trying to workaround BBProtect until the cows come home here in CB but they will immediately purge stuff like that from AC. Odd because there is I think a common Mobile Nations base.

Did they actually say the ban was due to spam?

The thread still there on iMore?
    The iMore thread was also shut down and we were banned too.

SES
    06-11-21 04:26 PM
    And you'll be good with enough cash to get through the whole cert process? When do you think units would ship (roughly. Careful to be vague because otherwise people here will hit reload every single moment until the day you said )
    We believe we will have enough funds to pay for certification. Ship date will depend on how soon/if we reach the goal but I initially said November 2021 for the early bird buyers and then December 2021 for the later buyers. Since funding is rather slow now, we may need to push it back later.

SES
    app_Developer likes this.
    06-11-21 04:28 PM
    We believe we will have enough funds to pay for certification. Ship date will depend on how soon/if we reach the goal but I initially said November 2021 for the early bird buyers and then December 2021 for the later buyers. Since funding is rather slow now, we may need to push it back later.

SES
    Yeah, i assumed Nov was at risk given the pace. But that may also stretch out your spend overall. But obviously you know your business better than I do. Thanks for answering all the questions honestly.
    06-11-21 04:36 PM
    Yeah, i assumed Nov was at risk given the pace. But that may also stretch out your spend overall. But obviously you know your business better than I do. Thanks for answering all the questions honestly.
    My pleasure, please let me know if you have any more questions/comments/concerns.

SES
    06-12-21 08:17 AM
    My pleasure, please let me know if you have any more questions/comments/concerns.

SES
    If I give you 100% of the funds you requested in your campaign, do I become owner/part owner?

Do I get a seat on the Board of Directors?

What are my stock options?

Is your company incorporated?
    johnb_xp likes this.
    06-12-21 10:28 PM
    If I give you 100% of the funds you requested in your campaign, do I become owner/part owner?

Questions like this, if serious, would be more appropriate in a PM and then somewhere else with legal guidance for all.
    06-12-21 11:11 PM

Please email me at [email protected] for answers to these questions.

SES
    06-13-21 12:31 AM
    Questions like this, if serious, would be more appropriate in a PM and then somewhere else with legal guidance for all.
    You're very right about the legal guidance.

I've recently come in possession of some inheritance money, and am looking for something to invest in.

This might not be the project I'm looking for though.
    06-15-21 08:11 PM

I've recently come in possession of some inheritance money, and am looking for something to invest in.

You'd be getting in on the ground floor....
    06-22-21 08:37 AM

Well cribble2k, let me sell you something. Better yet, let me help you OWN something your kids and grandkids will remember as your legacy. Just imagine yourself 30 years ago in the past, standing with your neighbor Jeff and he’s got an idea for both of you. Books, he says, can you imagine, selling books online?

So cribble2k, let me put you down for 25K, my assistant is going to handle the documentation for you now…….
    06-22-21 09:37 AM

SES
    Do you have any plan to make the Indiegogo campaign grow ? Some asked about showing some kind of prototype, other suggested services that can increase visibility, news on some websites/forums... Etc...
    06-26-21 02:57 AM
    Do you have any plan to make the Indiegogo campaign grow ? Some asked about showing some kind of prototype, other suggested services that can increase visibility, news on some websites/forums... Etc...
    A dummy prototype is still being worked on.

We have had issues posting info on forums and then being banned since they don't allow advertising. Please post around to help us out!

We have been contacting news outlets and are working to get some publicity.

SES
    06-26-21 11:08 AM
    A dummy prototype is still being worked on.

We have had issues posting info on forums and then being banned since they don't allow advertising. Please post around to help us out!

We have been contacting news outlets and are working to get some publicity.

SES
    I think you have to better show what your offering.... that video might turn off more folks than get them interested. I'd stop trying to spam other sites when you don't have it really ready. Focus on CrackBerry where the PKB lovers are, show us the parts you have and try to convince us. If you can't get more than 10 people to sign up, it's not a lack of marketing that's holding you back.

I "think" people are turned off by the bulkiness of this design. What will it look like with an iPhone SE 2 or an iPhone 12 Pro Max or an Galaxy Note.

You need to share more, and if people like it.... it will grow from that. As it stands, I just think what your showing looks.... unusable in the real world and not worth the hefty investment. I could be wrong, but I'd need to see MORE.

You need to engage folks here.... with whatever you have. If they have comments or concerns, you might be able to answer those... and sell folks on it.
    Last edited by Dunt Dunt Dunt; 06-28-21 at 11:11 AM.
    guizmox, john_v, moosbb and 3 others like this.
    06-28-21 10:39 AM
    I think you have to better show what your offering.... that video might turn off more folks than get them interested
    Although I did sign up, I agree with Dunt here. And since you have relased the preview, patenting matters probably aren't of concern anymore.

So why not try to get more publicity by showing more in detail what you're working on. Doesn't have to be the finished product - maybe more like some kind of developer's blog.
    06-28-21 11:01 AM
    I think you have to better show what your offering.... that video might turn off more folks than get them interested. I'd stop trying to spam other sites when you don't have it really ready. Focus on CrackBerry where the PKB lovers are, show us the parts you have and try to convince us. If you can't get more than 10 people to sign up, it's not a lack of marketing that's holding you back.

I "think" people are turned off by the bulkiness of this design. What will it look like with an iPhone SE 2 or an iPhone 12 Pro Max or an Galaxy Note.

You need to share more, and if people like it.... it will grow from that. As it stands, I just think what your showing looks.... unusable in the real world and not worth the hefty investment. I could be wrong, but I'd need to see MORE.

You need to engage folks here.... with whatever you have. If they have comments or concerns, you might be able to answer those... and sell folks on it.
    I have to say, this is actually pretty sound advice.
    06-28-21 11:20 AM

I have to say, this is actually pretty sound advice.
    I also find this excellent advice with constructive explanation.
    06-28-21 11:30 AM
    You'd be getting in on the ground floor....
    Looking at the results from the funding campaign so far, makes me very wary of the actual interest in this project.

I don't doubt a small group of people want a PKB on their phones, they just don't want to pay for it, or even support it's development.

¯\_ʘ‿ʘ_/¯
    07-01-21 12:45 AM
    Looking at the results from the funding campaign so far, makes me very wary of the actual interest in this project.

I don't doubt a small group of people want a PKB on their phones, they just don't want to pay for it, or even support it's development.

¯\_ʘ‿ʘ_/¯
    Interest is one thing... confidence in his idea is another.

The aesthetics of the device are terrible.
    The functionality is in question.
    And yes the cost for an "unknown" accessory is too high.

More info might have helped, or it might confirm what we suspect about the device... that to make an accessory fit all devices, it won't fit any of them well.
    cribble2k likes this.
    07-01-21 07:04 AM
    I have an iPhone 11 Pro and personally would love a PKB to use on it. My issue is that I don’t know what your product will actually look like with a phone in it. Can you not snap some high quality pics of the contraption with the 3-4 most popular phones in it? I love the idea, but without a proper final mock-up with phones in it, it is a no go for me as much as I would like to support. Hopefully you can sort this out sooner as opposed to later.
    07-03-21 08:02 PM
    Interest is one thing... confidence in his idea is another.

The aesthetics of the device are terrible.
    The functionality is in question.
    And yes the cost for an "unknown" accessory is too high.

More info might have helped, or it might confirm what we suspect about the device... that to make an accessory fit all devices, it won't fit any of them well.
    The way the TYPE I connects to a majority of devices is through two pieces: the silicone attachment and the screw adjuster. Let me explain.

The Silicone attachment is similar to already existing silicone cases. These silicone cases are very extendable and stretchy, meaning they can fit pretty much any phone. There is a hole in the silicone which allows the screw to go through and connect to the next part.

The screws fit into the grooves here which are attached to the slider and are circled in red. This allows the slider to be adjusted to work with taller or shorter phones. The screws are then tightened using the nuts seen above so they stay in place and do not move. Hope this answers some questions.

SES
    Attached Thumbnails SES Mobile Accessories TYPE I - IndieGoGo Campaign Link-screenshot-94-.png  
    07-04-21 01:24 AM
    The way the TYPE I connects to a majority of devices is through two pieces: the silicone attachment and the screw adjuster. Let me explain.

The Silicone attachment is similar to already existing silicone cases. These silicone cases are very extendable and stretchy, meaning they can fit pretty much any phone. There is a hole in the silicone which allows the screw to go through and connect to the next part.

The screws fit into the grooves here which are attached to the slider and are circled in red. This allows the slider to be adjusted to work with taller or shorter phones. The screws are then tightened using the nuts seen above so they stay in place and do not move. Hope this answers some questions.

SES
    People want to see actual phones in the prototype
    07-04-21 03:44 AM
    People want to see actual phones in the prototype
    We will have that within the next week or two. Unfortunately parts of the prototype arrived broken so we couldn't use them. The new ones will be here soon. Thank you for your patience.

SES
    07-04-21 01:35 PM
413 ... 23456 ...